Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
what is this prc case? and would a long throat and a long action work on the308 case?

HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mooshoo
what is this prc case? and would a long throat and a long action work on the308 case?

The 6.5 PRC. The Creedmoor’s big brother.

If you did all that you’d be defeating the purpose of using the .308 case in the first place, which is to take advantage of the short action. You’d be better off at that point trying to standardize a .270 AI of sorts.

If there were a hypothetical .277 cartridge based on the PRC, that hypothetical 169 ELD-X should come in with a BC around 0.675 and could probably get launched close to 2900.

The 162 ABLR should have a BC around 0.6 - 0.61 and make 2950.

The 145 LRX would be a reliably expanding monometal bullet that should provide consistent, bone-breaking, complete pass-through performance with a BC right at 0.5 - 0.51 and should be able to get cranking out at 3050 rather easily. With this bullet expanding properly down to 1800, it would make an awesome killer of elk, moose, deer, whatever out to all reasonable ranges.

I am selling myself on something that basically already exists in the .270 WSM but those were never twisted right. I’ve always felt the maximum recoil threshold lies with the “standard” 7mm mags like the Rem, Roy and WSM. A .277 cartridge with slightly less capacity but equally high BCs would be even easier to shoot well and would perform exactly the same on game. I’d shoot the hell out of this hypothetical new cartridge and its new, well-designed rifles.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by mooshoo
. ...the creed will go just like the wsm and saum

I doubt that.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the creed has already outsold all the saums.

Wouldn't bet against it...

DF

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I still can’t understand or come to terms with why there seems to be so much Love~vs~Hate towards the Creedmoor? Don’t care for the drama of it all.

.... almost makes me want to go with the Swede

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Being a big 270 fan, I have seriously looked at a 270 based SA cartridge.

Was really close on a 270-08 once, but it just does not make sense when the Creedmoor/7mm-08 is already established.

If I was serious about a LR 270, I would do a WSM with 1:8 or 1:9 twist.

Arcus Venator
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I still can’t understand or come to terms with why there seems to be so much Love~vs~Hate towards the Creedmoor? Don’t care for the drama of it all.

I believe the haters suffer what's known as "Creedmoor fatigue".
Heck, I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and I'm tired of hearing about the 6.5 Creedmoor. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

.... almost makes me want to go with the Swede

The hate comes from the fact that the Creedmoor pretty much turns everything that has been taught about hunting ballistics for the last 100 years right on its head. It belies almost everyone’s prejudices and biases, regardless of which side of the spectrum they’re on.

The love comes from precisely the same thing, the only difference being that it comes from people willing to accept the above.

I don’t believe either viewpoint is right or wrong. It’s just up to the individual and his or her ability to deal with technology and progress. All the cartridges kill pretty much the same, and that hasn’t changed.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I hate the Creedmore as that it has made it difficult at times for me to find bullets for my 6.5x55 and it has made getting H4350 damned near impossible.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is never not fascinating and HILARIOUS,at how many who "think" they "shoot" and "know" what they are talking about,sooooooooo brazenly "flaunt" their sheer and utter STUPIDITY. Congratulations?!?

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and nary a soul has an inkling. Funny schit!

The Kreedmire(s),simply arrange that which matters most and that is an innate ability to squirt the BEST boolits available,in their bore sizing. That due simply to the mechanics of case design,which optimizes the vessel's form/capacity,while reducing case length,which just "happens" to bolster COAL latitude. Couple same with an RPM to do it all and there is nothing to wish for. Doubly so,that THE best brass in da' bidness,just "happen" to be available to it too. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

For me personally,the 147 ELD sweetened the pot to rate the nudge,because it is more slippery than a .284" 162 'Max/ELD,which I may have shot a "smidge". Boogers have never been my jam,as thy are too Zooky for my tastes. Sugars are a crapshoot fhuqkshow and unpredictable at best. Skinners have long been stalwart,but cain't begin to approach Hornady ELD magnitude,upon any level. Hint. A 147 ELD Kreedmire Smooch ala Alpha brass,'17 and MQ reticle,will crush alotta schit that Window Lickers are enthralled with. Tough not to love a Barrett and/or AICS DBM there. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In 6mm,the Kreedmire is just as welcomed,because the Big Brother's constants still apply. You get 243Win case capacity,in a better wrapper. If only because 6mm projectiles are of less length than a 6.5mm...many things align to arrange an OEM magbox Smooch of a 108 ELD or the ilk. Though in fairness,I gun 'em in bindered AICS DBM's too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A few 6mm bore rifles to extrapolate,on a typical R&D Jaunt. It'll come as a "surprise",that not all wares is "equal",nor "close". Hint.

[Linked Image]

Imagination and Pretend are never not hilarious and I very much enjoy folks doing their absolute BEST,in trying to talk about the things they "know" the LEAST about. Hint.

Bless their hearts.

I saw a 25-06 once.

Shaking my head.

Laughing!..............................

(Oopsie!..'wall is gonna use her Imagination and Pretend,to "declare" she didn't read EVERY fhuqking word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel!) LAUGHING!

'wall,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot?!? Don't "forget"...that you "aren't reading this" either. LAUGHING!

You Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks are a RIOT.

Bless your heart.

Just saying.

Wow +P++!

Laughing!............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wasted Space

I also don't WASTE my time.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane

I believe the haters suffer what's known as "Creedmoor fatigue".
Heck, I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and I'm tired of hearing about the 6.5 Creedmoor. laugh

B I N G O ! ! !

That perfectly describes me. It could NOT be said any better.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It is never not fascinating and HILARIOUS,at how many who "think" they "shoot" and "know" what they are talking about,sooooooooo brazenly "flaunt" their sheer and utter STUPIDITY. Congratulations?!?

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and nary a soul has an inkling. Funny schit!

The Kreedmire(s),simply arrange that which matters most and that is an innate ability to squirt the BEST boolits available,in their bore sizing. That due simply to the mechanics of case design,which optimizes the vessel's form/capacity,while reducing case length,which just "happens" to bolster COAL latitude. Couple same with an RPM to do it all and there is nothing to wish for. Doubly so,that THE best brass in da' bidness,just "happen" to be available to it too. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

For me personally,the 147 ELD sweetened the pot to rate the nudge,because it is more slippery than a .284" 162 'Max/ELD,which I may have shot a "smidge". Boogers have never been my jam,as thy are too Zooky for my tastes. Sugars are a crapshoot fhuqkshow and unpredictable at best. Skinners have long been stalwart,but cain't begin to approach Hornady ELD magnitude,upon any level. Hint. A 147 ELD Kreedmire Smooch ala Alpha brass,'17 and MQ reticle,will crush alotta schit that Window Lickers are enthralled with. Tough not to love a Barrett and/or AICS DBM there. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In 6mm,the Kreedmire is just as welcomed,because the Big Brother's constants still apply. You get 243Win case capacity,in a better wrapper. If only because 6mm projectiles are of less length than a 6.5mm...many things align to arrange an OEM magbox Smooch of a 108 ELD or the ilk. Though in fairness,I gun 'em in bindered AICS DBM's too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A few 6mm bore rifles to extrapolate,on a typical R&D Jaunt. It'll come as a "surprise",that not all wares is "equal",nor "close". Hint.

[Linked Image]

Imagination and Pretend are never not hilarious and I very much enjoy folks doing their absolute BEST,in trying to talk about the things they "know" the LEAST about. Hint.

Bless their hearts.

I saw a 25-06 once.

Shaking my head.

(Oopsie!..'wall is gonna use her Imagination and Pretend,to "declare" she didn't read EVERY fhuqking word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel!) LAUGHING!

'wall,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot?!? Don't "forget"...that you "aren't reading this" either. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Just saying.

Wow +P++!

Originally Posted by Big Stick

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/1M5QLH.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/vpAQBC.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/jg2ZT4.jpg[/img]

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/922/Y2dcd7.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/924/yY9uNv.jpg[/img]

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/922/tlK7CP.jpg[/img]

Bless their hearts.

I saw a 25-06 once.

Shaking my head.

'wall,

Bless your heart.

Just saying.

Wow +P++!

well look who showed up mister big troll big d%$# ! well did the real shooter kick you off their forum cause they can't stand your gas!! hey I know why don't you show us some more of your pic's always funny!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think I'm going to change your name to big turd!!!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Oh by the way big turd you may go now!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

sorry guy's I didn't mean to stoop to his level I apologize for this! outburst!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
moo

No apology necessary. I simply quit reading his ‘drivel’, ‘tripe’, and diarrhea.

If we don’t feed the TROL he won’t hang around.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Well said J,, if I see his posts I just move on...

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jwall
moo

No apology necessary. I simply quit reading his ‘drivel’, ‘tripe’, and diarrhea.

If we don’t feed the TROL he won’t hang around.

Jerry

Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Well said J,, if I see his posts I just move on...

thanks guy's I've got alot to learn! thanks for helping me!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seems like 'sticks 'truth' sorta ruffled mooshoo's downy little feathers and twisted his little 'feelers'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mooshoo has quite a hangover...

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 49 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,235
Posts18,504,442
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.