Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

We have the House, and Senate.........and what's that gotten us.......Obamacare is still in effect, illegal immigration is still going strong, etc. etc. The majority of Americans do not mind seeing more gun control, and although those polls are probably skewed, they are right to one degree or another. My thinking is that the politicians are going to bow to the gun control crowd, and pass something, if not now, it will happen.

Again, you have fallen victim to the thought that "it can't happen to us." It can, and it more than likely will, no matter how hard we fight to keep it from happening. Sorry to say, but this is not the America that most of us grew up in.

I'm sure those "polls" are skewed. Hell, their news is skewed to the point of being outright lies.

The truth of the matter is that the last time the commies made a run at our guns, it cost them many, many political seats. It also saw a rendition of gun laws and not meaning more gun control. Most laws loosened.

The liberal states will continue the downward spiral with gun control, and the upward trend of gun violence.

You can always tell a liberal... You just can't tell 'em much. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If something does pass this year, and that is a big if, it will be something small like improvements to the background check system. How gun control plays out in the midterms I do not know, it will likely be a wild card.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't disagree with no compromise concerning gun rights. I do disagree that it's the correct approach to deal with people you disagree with when you are suppose to represent both sides.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I don't disagree with no compromise concerning gun rights. I do disagree that it's the correct approach to deal with people you disagree with when you are suppose to represent both sides.

There's only one side to this debate. What does the Constitution say? You know, the one he swore to uphold! There is no other position. Sure there are other opinions, but they don't have the Constitution on their side.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Completely agree with EE. Any negotiations regarding gun control need to start with rolling back the gun control act of 1968 and returning to a constitutional interpretation of the second amendment like he stated. For 50 years we have accepted limitations on our second amendment rights and this is where we are now. Mass shootings in gun free zones. We need to take action that will solve the problems. I have zero confidence this will happen.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
It'll never happen. Get ready, more gun control is on the way.

As gun owners, we put all our eggs in one basket......our belief in our Second Amendment rights, and that no one would dare take them away from us. Honestly, I'm not sure what else we could have done, because the Second Amendment should stand on it's own merits, and never be threatened. But, it doesn't matter what we think about it, it's how our enemies perceive it, and they don't believe it means what it does. It has gotten to the point that we are outnumbered, and a majority of people don't mind seeing newer forms of gun control.

What get's me is that it looks like it's going to be a GOP president that sells us out, not a Democrat. That's funny, if you think about it, especially after reading all the Trump love o here, and all the hate for the Democrats. One of ours, who woulda thunk it.

Where the heck do you get this stuff? We're outnumbered? We have the House, the Senate, the White House, we picked up 1000 state seats under Obama... We got Heller vs DC, we got McDonald vs Chicago, we have the lowest or near lowest homicide rate in 110 years of records, we have lowest child death due to firearms in 50+ years of record keeping..

The only thing we don't have is a lack of people willing to surrender when we hold every single high ground position.
Exactly.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
It'll never happen. Get ready, more gun control is on the way.

As gun owners, we put all our eggs in one basket......our belief in our Second Amendment rights, and that no one would dare take them away from us. Honestly, I'm not sure what else we could have done, because the Second Amendment should stand on it's own merits, and never be threatened. But, it doesn't matter what we think about it, it's how our enemies perceive it, and they don't believe it means what it does. It has gotten to the point that we are outnumbered, and a majority of people don't mind seeing newer forms of gun control.

What get's me is that it looks like it's going to be a GOP president that sells us out, not a Democrat. That's funny, if you think about it, especially after reading all the Trump love o here, and all the hate for the Democrats. One of ours, who woulda thunk it.

Where the heck do you get this stuff? We're outnumbered? We have the House, the Senate, the White House, we picked up 1000 state seats under Obama... We got Heller vs DC, we got McDonald vs Chicago, we have the lowest or near lowest homicide rate in 110 years of records, we have lowest child death due to firearms in 50+ years of record keeping..

The only thing we don't have is a lack of people willing to surrender when we hold every single high ground position.

We have the House, and Senate.........and what's that gotten us.......Obamacare is still in effect, illegal immigration is still going strong, etc. etc. The majority of Americans do not mind seeing more gun control, and although those polls are probably skewed, they are right to one degree or another. My thinking is that the politicians are going to bow to the gun control crowd, and pass something, if not now, it will happen.

Again, you have fallen victim to the thought that "it can't happen to us." It can, and it more than likely will, no matter how hard we fight to keep it from happening. Sorry to say, but this is not the America that most of us grew up in.
You're listening to too much fake news...and believing it. The polls all said Hillary would win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Curious if any of you see any limit on “arms” as stipulated in the constitution?

Firearms, armament, artillery......

In your opinions, should there be any limit at all?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. . . .

Exactly.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Curious if any of you see any limit on “arms” as stipulated in the constitution?

I commented on this a week or so ago......No!

My interpretation of the Second Amendment is to protect us, The Republic, from a tyrannical government! To do so means, that
we should legally have the same equipment (equally armed) as those who would attempt to dominate “We the People”. If funding were available.....I should be able to own a fully armed and operational F-16! JMO

I’m sure that liberals and those not supporting The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.....would disagree! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/03/18.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A tiny handful of domestic terrorists and a liberal media mad to destroy the US. Now much of the country is clamoring to become soviets.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with most of your post...

As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail.

I still think a convicted felon should have to apply for a pardon from his/her Governor to get his/her gun or voting rights back. Losing these rights is part of the game you play.

Mental patients who are a threat are the same way.

Who gets to decide who is or isn't mentally stable enough to own a gun?

Slippery slope here.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by MadMooner

.M

I commented on this a week or so ago......No!

My interpretation of the Second Amendment is to protect us, The Republic, from a tyrannical government! To do so means, that
we should legally have the same equipment (equally armed) as those who would attempt to dominate “We the People”. If funding were available.....I should be able to own a fully armed and operational F-16! JMO

I’m sure that liberals and those not supporting The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.....would disagree! memtb

Yeah ...... I want a Battleship, an Aircraft Carrier, and Bombers..lots of Bombers.

Does that statement gain me admittance to the Campfire Choir?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Slippery slope here.

Not at all. This has been the case forever in the US. A court decides that. Ethan Edwards is saying, though, that this denial of rights only may justly persist for the period of confinement. Once someone is released from a psychiatric facility, he is back to being a free human being, with all the rights attached thereto, guaranteed by our Constitution. This means that anyone who is deemed by the courts to be untrustworthy (due to criminality or mental defect) with a gun should remain in confinement till they are deemed otherwise, because the RTKABA attaches, in the US, to all free people who are of age, and this right is unalienable.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I agree with most of your post...

As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail.

I still think a convicted felon should have to apply for a pardon from his/her Governor to get his/her gun or voting rights back. Losing these rights is part of the game you play.

Mental patients who are a threat are the same way.

Slippery slope here.
It's easy to feel the way you do if you're around stereotypical felons very much. The problem lies in how you define felon. Again, people who are truly a danger need to stay in jail or prison. People who aren't shouldn't have to have their rights restored, they should just take up their natural rights again, upon release. Part of the problem is another part of the justice system racket, which is the endless parade of early releases, paroles, etc. Just set a time period and have the penalty fit the crime, then do the time. Lots of the problem with our government is the proliferation of lawyers and their penchant for purposely complicating things since that is what makes them money.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
One of the reasons they adopted the early release for good behavior system was to provide a motivation for good behavior while in captivity. In the old days, the motivation for good behavior was to avoid a beat down by the guards, or to avoid the sweat box, or some such. When those conditions disappeared, they needed some other motivator for good behavior.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.

I would like to see a law that stated that no legislation will every be scheduled for either house that is already covered by the Constitution of the United States. This law should also include coverage or inclusion in any Executive Order.

If the Maxist Communists want to pollute this sacred ground, all they need to do is gain 2/3's of each house plus 38 states to amend the constitution. If there is an addendum, any politician that proposes any legislation contradictory to the Constitution should be charged with Treason against the post they swore an oath to uphold.

The United States is the only country in history that was created under a set of ideals based on "Decency". Let no person claim superiority over the worlds most pure attempt at individual liberty and freedom from tyranny.

John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.

I would like to see a law that stated that no legislation will every be scheduled for either house that is already covered by the Constitution of the United States. This law should also include coverage or inclusion in any Executive Order.

If the Maxist Communists want to pollute this sacred ground, all they need to do is gain 2/3's of each house plus 38 states to amend the constitution. If there is an addendum, any politician that proposes any legislation contradictory to the Constitution should be charged with Treason against the post they swore an oath to uphold.

The United States is the only country in history that was created under a set of ideals based on "Decency". Let no person claim superiority over the worlds most pure attempt at individual liberty and freedom from tyranny.

John
Thank you. Many time foreign folk are more appreciative of our country than we are.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You don't have to, the thing is graven in stone and as such is untouchable.

Did I ever tell you lot how much I envy you the right...feel free to keep your lunatics, but the right to defend against them is very attractive.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"No compromise. Not now, not ever."

Exactly! I've been pretty much sour on the NRA for some time now. I've been a member at one level or another since 1955 and frankly, I'm not sure I'm getting my money's worth. Their constant compromising on gun laws, their reluctance to take on issues they feel they might not win and frankly, I feel they no longer want to win. Very simple. Follow the money. If the NRA was to go full balls to the wall and win, there would no longer be the reason to dun us for money all the time. NAGR, GOA and JPFO are far more aggressive if fighting for gun owner's rights that the NRA and it's been that way for some time now.
About two years ago, I got a call from the NRA asking for money. I told them that when they quit comprising and decided to fight the way they should be doing, then I'd donate to the cause. Until then don't bother me. They haven't called since.
Paul B.
Pissed off NRA life/Endowment member.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, AB2506, 9 invisible), 1,190 guests, and 689 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,229
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.