Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by WTM45

So how does an organization evolve and change? By listening to and consulting with its membership and their representation.
Not by its membership "quitting" and running away with their hands in their pockets.

Firearms ownership is a God given right. The 2nd Amendment stipulates what GOV'T can't do to infringe on that right. The NRA has held that view since it's inception. It is in their by-laws. Only when there is a clearly defined definition of "common sense" can there be further discussion regarding GOV'T infringement.

Only through membership does one have a voice in an organization. Any organization. An organization can not be swayed or influenced by a non-voting entity. Membership is the avenue to vote either by direct vote or proxy.

It has been made clearly obvious throughout history that those who are bent on disarming a population rarely have the best intentions for that population in mind.
There is a voice that speaks loudly to protect gun ownership rights. The NRA membership.

The present NRA needs to undergo radical change. Or die. It will never change from within, just look at the replies to my posts. We're dealing with hard right wing ideologues here. They must be marginalized, their voices ignored. The general public won't put up with their congressional representatives doing the NRA's bidding for long. Gun control is coming, each school shooting has and will continue to increase pressure on Congress.

Leave God out of this. Saying gun ownership is a God given right is preposterous on its face.

We don't need to influence the NRA, no need to work from within. No need to drive a stake through it's heart, either. We only need to eliminate the undo influence it has on legislation, and this is beginning now. They can only be seen as a radical fringe group, this view is only supported by their behavior in the eyes of younger generations. The future looks bleak for the NRA so long as they maintain their no negotiation hard line. Good luck.

You seem to have an awful lot of confidence in your liberal brethren.
I wonder what an exploding NRA membership will do to your theories?

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by benquick
Been a lifetime member for over 15 years. Sent a letter to NRA to remove me from their membership last week. Stating to them I can no longer in good conscience continue to be a member of their organization. Their agenda is radical-to oppose every and any legislation. And they vilify all who opposes that agenda. So flame on with immature middle fingers and comments. I expect nothing less from many on this site. I could care less.

Another lying, PH ukng TROLL to put on Ignore. Somebody needs to get a life. Schumer is looking for a butt buddy. Give him a call.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no knowledge in regards to this website, however I can believe it, because after a while it becomes common sense that this schitt always backfires...right Paddler?

http://yournewswire.com/nra-membership-record-high/

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Paddler,

It's time for leftist like you to understand that the NRA is a "radical fringe group" only in the befuddled minds of the MORON LEFT, who are incapable of critical thinking.

Unless you enjoy being ridiculed as a FOOL by most persons of reasonably normal IQ, I suggest that you keep your brainless blather to yourself.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My mother has been a diehard conservative her entire life but never could understand gun owners or the threat of losing the 2nd. Her eyes slowly began to open during the Obama years. The CNN Town Hall put her over the edge and she took out a membership for the first time. She is 79 years old.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Leave God out of this. Saying gun ownership is a God given right is preposterous on its face.

And here lies the true basis of your opinion. You are blinded.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Southerntier,

GOOD on your Mom.= SMART lady, imo.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I disagree with just about 100% of what the NRA says and does. They'll never see a nickel from me. I'd be embarrassed to be a member, so should you all. Enabling school kid killers isn't my thing.

Why are you here instead of hanging out at the Daily KOS?

Because the Fudds seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately since Trump has encouraged them. He feels it's safe to show his ass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I disagree with just about 100% of what the NRA says and does. They'll never see a nickel from me. I'd be embarrassed to be a member, so should you all. Enabling school kid killers isn't my thing.

Why are you here instead of hanging out at the Daily KOS?

He is very possibly a paid or at least a volunteer agitator. He is not hanging out like you or I but is here to agitate and disrupt. The more responses he can elicit, no matter how hostile, the better it is for him. It would be better if everyone would ignore him and let his posts get bumped to the bottom of the list.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Southerntier; All,

Don't feed the TROLLS.
(I suspect but do not know that "paddler" is GETTING PAID by the MORON LEFT to "cause trouble" here.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I'm not paid, just trying to enlighten y'all. It's hopeless, of course. You can't hear me or see my posts with your heads all the way up your rectums. Looks like even Florida is standing up to the NRA BS. As Dylan said, "You'd better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, The times they are a'changing." You guys are going to be very disappointed as the world passes you by.

Last edited by Paddler; 03/07/18.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another great one from good ol Paddler..

Does anybody here really think the Dumpster still has a chance? Get used to the term, "Madame President". What will Donald do when he gets beat by a girl? Hopefully he'll suffer business losses, legal losses, and wind up ruined. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, just ask all those he cheated, lied to and bullied.

It seems like the old tale, "The Emperor Has No Clothes". He's built his brand through bluster and BS. Now, it's clear he's just a failure at everything. Good riddance, Despicable Donald.

Last edited by 79S; 03/08/18.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WTM45
How could anybody be against the largest provider of firearm safety training and education materials for law enforcement, CCW applicants, hunters, competitors and youth shooting programs?

I really liked the old NRA, which stuck to teaching firearm safety and promoting the shooting sports. Bought my first gun from the local rep in Lincoln, CA, in the mid 60s. But it changed radically in 1971 and has become more radical since. It's resistance to reasonable gun control has undoubtedly contributed to all of these mass shootings and the deaths of innocent school kids and churchgoers. I cannot be part of that.

GFY!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Paddler,

Laughing AT you as most people of normal IQ, who read your SILLY drivel, LEFTIST prattle, LIES & DIMocRAT "talking points", do.

Florida's new law, IF it ever is signed into law, will accomplish NOTHING to lower the crime rate. All that it WILL do is waste a great deal of police time/effort & taxpayer's money.
(EVERY single thing in the LEFTIST, ANTI-gunner's playbook has been tried in the USA & all of those ideas have been MISERABLE FAILURES.)

The ONLY real solution to armed violence is to BLAME the criminal, rather than the inanimate object for crime. = IF/WHEN the Congress pass a law that REQUIRES an additional prison sentence of 10-20 years, without "failure to prosecute", probation or parole for POSSESSING any deadly weapon, while committing any violent felony or sales of unlawful drugs, the violent crime rate will fall by at least a third & thereafter remain that that low rate. - Such sentence must be served in full before beginning any other prison sentence that the criminal has been accessed.
Further, in the event that the criminal is released from custody & thereafter commits another felony while possessing a deadly weapon that the only sentence be life W/O Parole.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The power of the NRA is its common folk who understand their rights are delicate

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 79S

Does anybody here really think the Dumpster still has a chance? Get used to the term, "Madame President". What will Donald do when he gets beat by a girl? Hopefully he'll suffer business losses, legal losses, and wind up ruined. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, just ask all those he cheated, lied to and bullied.

It seems like the old tale, "The Emperor Has No Clothes". He's built his brand through bluster and BS. Now, it's clear he's just a failure at everything. Good riddance, Despicable Donald.

The worst thing that could happen to Trump was for him to win. He simply doesn't have the intelligence or character to faithfully discharge the duties of the office. He will be exposed as the grifter he's always been. I hope he and the family go to jail. If Congress flips in November, Trump will suffer mightily. As he should.

Last edited by Paddler; 03/08/18.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by satx78247
Paddler,

Laughing AT you as most people of normal IQ, who read your SILLY drivel, LEFTIST prattle, LIES & DIMocRAT "talking points", do.

Florida's new law, IF it ever is signed into law, will accomplish NOTHING to lower the crime rate. All that it WILL do is waste a great deal of police time/effort & taxpayer's money.
(EVERY single thing in the LEFTIST, ANTI-gunner's playbook has been tried in the USA & all of those ideas have been MISERABLE FAILURES.)

The ONLY real solution to armed violence is to BLAME the criminal, rather than the inanimate object for crime. = IF/WHEN the Congress pass a law that REQUIRES an additional prison sentence of 10-20 years, without "failure to prosecute", probation or parole for POSSESSING any deadly weapon, while committing any violent felony or sales of unlawful drugs, the violent crime rate will fall by at least a third & thereafter remain that that low rate. - Such sentence must be served in full before beginning any other prison sentence that the criminal has been accessed.
Further, in the event that the criminal is released from custody & thereafter commits another felony while possessing a deadly weapon that the only sentence be life W/O Parole.

yours, tex

BS, and you know it. Everybody knows it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Paddidler...

you ever considered going on a diet......

you need to diet.... minus the T.....

and since you are a medical joke... yet think you are so intelligent..

re read your post above....

you overlooked and left out the word NOT in your second sentence...
unless you are agreeing with the rest of the campfire....

Trump "simply DOES .. have the intelligence and character to faithfully discharge the duties of the office"...

guess you don't proof read before you post....

but then again, there is the Freudian slip concept.... which is probably the case here...

you certainly have to be one of the stupidest M.D.s I've ever ran across...
and I've dealt with well over a couple thousand physicians in my professional career...

although you are certainly not the only one I've ran across that excelled at being a real horse's ass...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Cariboujack: I have been a Life Member and an Endowment Member of the National Rifle Association for many decades now - your post has prompted me to assail the few of my many friends who own and use firearms that are not yet N.R.A. members, to become members!
The Second Amendment to our Constitution is under perpetual assault by anti-Americans and of late the attacks on the Second Amendment seems to be getting even worse.
N.R.A. membership should go hand and hand with firearm ownership.
Long live the N.R.A.
Thanks for the reminder.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

The worst thing that could happen to Trump was for him to win. He simply does have the intelligence or character to faithfully discharge the duties of the office. He will be exposed as the grifter he's always been. I hope he and the family go to jail. If Congress flips in November, Trump will suffer mightily. As he should.

Sweet some more predictions..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,814 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,597
Posts18,532,523
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.