Print Thread
Hop To
I
iddave Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I

Was perusing the wares at the Sportsman's Show here in Boise, ID this weekend, and came across a vendor I'd never heard mentioned here on the Campfire (or elsewhere).

They are an Idaho-based company and their carbon fiber frames and bags are both made locally. I spent about 30 minutes talking to the owners of the company, and came away more than a little impressed. They've been operational about three years, and seem to really have their chit together. They know their market, and they know their product. Most impressive to me was their confidence in what they make/sell. I'm always turned off when a manufacturer has to badmouth someone else's product to make theirs seem better...which is what many/most newer companies seem to do. These guys just communicated the features/benefits of what they build and the "why" of it...and let their packs/products speak for itself.

I've used Kifaru, KUIU, Sitka Gear, and a host of others so I have a decent frame of reference to work from. After thoroughly sniffing their stuff over for a while, I put on a pack with about 50-60 pounds in it and stood there with it on for the duration of the conversation. I came away with a strong desire to acquire one of their packs...and soon.

They haven't invented the wheel here or anything, they've just improved upon what's available, built it locally, and made it very affordably priced. They like what they make, and for good reason. Their construction, materials, weight, cost, etc. all made for a very impressive pack/system imho. I don't know these guys personally, they didn't give me anything, and they certainly didn't ask I pitch their wares to anyone. It's just rare I go to one of these shows and come away impressed with anything so I thought I'd pass it along.

Here is a link to their web-site, and a few pictures I took while standing there.... Initial Ascent Packs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

One of the cooler features they had with their packs was a built in "sling keeper" on the frame itself...

[Linked Image]

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
GB1

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Photos look interesting.
Sure not impressed with their website, at least with an iPhone.
I can’t get past the sign up for newsletter, which I would do if it would let me.

Ed T

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Looked on my desk top and was able to close the sign up pop-up to access the web site.

Looks like an interesting pack.

Ed T

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw this pack and visited with them at an expo in UT. Walked away with the desire to get this pack as well.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thats got to be a tough market to jump into, With top tier companies like Kifaru and Stone Glacier making the stuff they do and even the step down with EXO, seek outside and mystery ranch still being fantastic products, they are pretty brave trying to get into that game.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Thats got to be a tough market to jump into, With top tier companies like Kifaru and Stone Glacier making the stuff they do and even the step down with EXO, seek outside and mystery ranch still being fantastic products, they are pretty brave trying to get into that game.

Agreed they got nads jumping in so bravo. We all make each other better sort of a as iron sharpens iron .. however, I do believe that Seek Outside performs just as well if not better than SG or Kifaru for most people. If you don't believe me contact us and give us a real field try .. for hours and days .. in the field. As long as your size and fit are within normal parameters, I'll even send a loaner to check with a fair deposit.

Thanks
Kevin

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Yeah, I’d stack SO packs up against any.

Ed T

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I know I’ve put my SO pack through the ringer and it keeps going. Lately I’ve hauled some oak trees up a steep mountain, one very heavy log at a time, and I haul ladder tree stands with it. It’s versatile!

Last edited by prm; 03/08/18.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for the heads up - interesting pack.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've looked at them as well, but at that price point, why take a chance when you have some proven options? I'm still looking for my 'silver bullet' pack, but one would think (I'm not a biz mastermind) that they would enter a loss-leader to get their name out there.

PM incoming Kevin T, never tried a Seek Outside and need a shelter as well......

Skywalker

IC B3

C
C
1st post here! I was looking up some info on my new pack and stumbled across this forum/post. Yes, I took the chance and bought one. At the same show the OP was talking about... After talking with them and then wearing 60lbs+ in their pack while walking around the entire show, I bit. (Didn't hurt that the show discount was $95, lol) All that and they're local to me, which is nice.

This coming weekend will be my first real test of it... Wife and I will be backpacking in the Trinitys to check a possible elk spot. Very much looking forward to fining out how it'll perform!! I've used internal and external frame packs from $50 to $600+ for both general backpacking and hunting. Especially with the weight in it, this one just felt "right". (your mileage may vary wink )

Anyways... I'm off to check out the rest of these forums! Cheers smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 3,357 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,505
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.