Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Condolences.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB4

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
That's really sad. May her soul rest in peace.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Deerstalker, I am sorry for your loss. This is a real tragedy.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Damn,way to young,Sorry for the loss...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Sorry for your loss.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's heart wrenching. This reminds me of the story of one of my favorite singers of all time- Eva Cassidy. She had a skin issue that no one suspected and took her way too early at around 28 I believe. Eva's singing tunes with your lovely niece right now buddy.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
My condolences deerstalker, melanoma is very deadly if not caught early. I had a melanoma removed almost 30 years ago when I was 21 years old, doctor thought I would have been dead within a year and half if they hadn't removed it when they did. My doctor noticed it during a routine exam and said we ought to remove it and have it checked. I thank God that he did.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My condolences to you and your extended family. I lost a cousin to melanoma also. She passed at a very your age. If I recall, she was around 24. May you have HIS spirit with you and may you feel of HIS love and comfort.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Peddler
That's heart wrenching. This reminds me of the story of one of my favorite singers of all time- Eva Cassidy. She had a skin issue that no one suspected and took her way too early at around 28 I believe. Eva's singing tunes with your lovely niece right now buddy.

peddler, i hadn't thought of Eva for years. was one of my top list singers. bright flames go out to soon.

Last edited by deerstalker; 03/15/18.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So sorry. God Bless to you all.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So young and stunningly beautiful...she's just 2 months older than my wife. Very sad. Please accept my condolences to your and yours at what must be a heart wrenching time. I applaud your efforts to spread awareness despite your grief. Godspeed.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
So sorry to hear of this. Cancer is a terrible thing that affects far to many families. Thoughts and prayers to your family. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Tom, sorry for your loss.

Skin cancer runs in my wife’s family, so I’m a bit paranoid. I’ve been to the dermatologist 4 or 5 times now whenever one of my many moles or skin tabs goes wonky. So far, so good

This stuff is nothing to mess around with.

Thanks for your post as a reminder to all. Caught early, it is generally curable. Again, so sorry for your family’s loss at such an early age, especially.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm also sorry to hear about your family's loss. Tragic don't even come close.
I had a Melanoma when I turned 40. Eight weeks of chemo and a couple shots of radiation
and I was declared cancer free and got a rubber yellow bracelet for all of the puking
and endless headaches,but my kiddos still have their dad. They give me the once over every
year and freeze anything that looks suspicious.
It's not always obvious. Those little spots don't always jump out at you. I got lucky.
Again,y'all have my sincerest condolences.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
being it's summer please all remember.
[Linked Image]

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Gosh what a terrible thing. I'm very sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful lady. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Since moving from the far north to the desert southwest this has been one of those issues that absolutely terrifies me. I don't set foot outside without a hat and a good slathering of sunscreen. I harp on my wife and daughter all the time about sun exposure. My daughter in particular has skin a shade or two lighter than a glass of milk and doesn't take long to burn. But she doesn't listen. Despite her aunt having been diagnosed with melanoma just a couple years ago. This is one of those things that people just don't take very seriously but should.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/12/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry for your loss.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Wear a hat, not a cap. Long sleeve shirts. Sun block on face and hands. Throw those shorts away.

Having said that , my good friend ,while he wears a hat, still wears shorts and short sleeve shirts while we fish in the blazing summer sun. Every six months he goes to a dermatologist to have the pre-cancerous spots removed.

Stalker, I'm so sorry for your loss.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry Tom. The pain of losing a child is unimaginable.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Heartbreaking to hear, sorry for your loss

Thanks for the reminder.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,894
Posts18,479,213
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.