-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My buddy bought a LS about a year ago with a cab and it's nice. (50 hp).
Same NH was $12000 more here. Just different decals.... smile
That's not a misprint, btw.

Have Dog

Will Travel

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Waiting for my Kubota MX5800 to be finished and delivered.

60 HP and 50 HP at the PTO
Japanese Built assembled in Georgia.

Kubota has a better small tractor reputation that the JD tractors do with the contractors and Operators that I have talked to over the past several years.

Some of the Small JD tractors are made in India as well as China

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have the 1538 with FEL and Backhoe attachment, 4WD

Out the door for 29k cash

I wouldn't have the hst, i opted for the shuttle

I don't want bull sh it problems a few yrs down the road due to hills. I ain't zippin around doing spinny winny loop de loop sheyott anyway.

7 yr warranty on drivetrain, so if you can trash an hst inside that hope they decide it's due to defect than dive in. It's another 1800$ or was on mine.

Also mine doesn't require DEF and they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.

I bet you can cut Ren all kinds of shooting lanes with that.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the 1538 with FEL and Backhoe attachment, 4WD

I wouldn't have the hst, i opted for the shuttle

I don't want bull sh it problems a few yrs down the road due to hills. I ain't zippin around doing spinny winny loop de loop sheyott anyway.

7 yr warranty on drivetrain, so if you can trash an hst inside that hope they decide it's due to defect than dive in. It's another 1800$ or was on mine.

Also mine doesn't require DEF and they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.

did you also get the optional pissbag containment system?

I've heard it's not cheap but damn near a necessity

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.

wait... whut??

you paid $29k for 25hp??? bwahahahahahaha

ya know they sell lawnmowers at Homo Depot for $1500 a pop

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is an LS dealership a few miles down the road from me. I can pull my TC45A NH up next to a similar size LS, and they're pretty much the same tractor, so one can see the "family" resemblance. When I buy a piece of equipment, I usually end up keeping it a long time, but I also take a look at the resale value. The name brand tractors......Deere, Case-IH, New Holland, and Kubota, most always have a much higher resale value when compared to Mahindra, LS, Kioti, and the like. That in no way means the name brands are better, though they usually have some advantages. If I were buying a new tractor, with no intention of ever selling it in my lifetime, I'd probably take a hard look at something like the LS tractors. But, if I were the kind of farmer who traded every few years, I'd definitely stick with something like Deere.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Seminole39

they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.

wait... whut??

You haven't shopped for tractors lately, have ya? smile The compact, or sub-compact, tractors ain't cheap - not matter who makes 'em.. Besides, that FEL and the backhoe run big bux just by themselves.. Add 'em together, figuring tax etc., and $29K isn't bad at all..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
[/quote] You haven't shopped for tractors lately, have ya? smile The compact, or sub-compact, tractors ain't cheap - not matter who makes 'em.. Besides, that FEL and the backhoe run big bux just by themselves.. Add 'em together, figuring tax etc., and $29K isn't bad at all..

you got me there

I don't usually shop for toys

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think it makes a difference as to where the dealer is located.In Colorado Springs,both Deere and Kubota dealers are a$$'s. Go down to Pueblo and even better La Junta and you are treated as family.

I looked at Deere, Kubota, Kiota, Mahindra, and all the others. I settled on the Kubota. Reliability, ease of getting parts, after purchase service,resale value trumped the $$$ 's.There are few Mahindras around here and I hear several complaints about them

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You haven't shopped for tractors lately, have ya? smile The compact, or sub-compact, tractors ain't cheap - not matter who makes 'em.. Besides, that FEL and the backhoe run big bux just by themselves.. Add 'em together, figuring tax etc., and $29K isn't bad at all..

you got me there

I don't usually shop for toys

The Home Depot mower's a toy.. smile

Why should a person obtain/buy a 100hp $90K tractor when the entire work/area involved is easily handled by a $29K unit? Actually, I'm a bit "over-tractored" here - with 4.8A and a 39hp JD 3039R.

Last edited by Redneck; 03/20/18.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

wait... whut??

My new 2017 Kubota was $19K out the door,including QC bucket, 6 ft blade and 3 ft hay spears.Prime consideration was being able to lift 3x3x 8 ,bales yet small enough to work in confined spaces.

Darn shame they don't make tractors that held up like the old Ford 8N or 9N and easy to work on.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
my 31hp zero turn lawn mower was $13500 4 years ago. Matter of perspective

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Do either Kubota or Mahindra do attachments like a belly mower and front mounted snow blowers?

Thanks

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Don't know about the belly mount. Maybe on smaller ones. To get a front mount blower, you have to add additional hydraulic ports and have lines run to the front. Friend had one, but it was on 50 HP
tractor as I recall

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.