Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mine picked me up at a bus stop....no joke.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Blind date, over 30yrs ago.
As mentioned, they are hard to find.Most of 'em out there today are medicated well,so you will be fine grin

sorry to hear of the d-vorce.counseling?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Mine was living in a wrecked car down by the river. After the first date, I began to notice that if she found a pill on the side walk she'd eat it.
But after a shower, new clothes, a hair combing, and 2 12 packs; she's still hot.

Best hope she don’t read that..😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I was just sitting there licking my eyebrows and she approached me.

Shut it down - we have a winner.

lol

mine was the first girl I hired. Turns out she was too good for me, but she's still around. Mine falls under the category better to be lucky than good. I was lucky, kinda wish I'd been good. Love her more than life itself, but I squandered a lot of the love she had for me.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

If she's bent on gettin a divorce I'd give it her as quick as I could... Dragging it out will not be in your favor

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by deerstalker
church

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
church is full of sinners too

don't press it, there is an ass for every saddle.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm with my first and only. We've been together 31 years. I just got lucky. I can't imagine life without her.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Our friends set us up, 25 years and 3 kids later, things are still going good, but she loves the outdoors, stays in shape and still likes sleeping in a tent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sister set us up 11/10/93.
Been married 22 years, you all would make fun of the gushing things I could say.
But, it's been good.

My sister has put several good couples together, they have stayed together.

Sister is in the middle of divorcing a total a-hole.
Currently dating what I think will be a new a-hole.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Married to an angel for 37 years now. Was dating six girls at once when I met her. Had been praying for two years for God to send the right one my way. When I first laid eyes on her, I'll swear till the day I die, He said "There she is....was she worth the wait?"

Don't push things and life will eventually fall into place....I'm sorry for your Divorce....

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple of suggestions:

Lawyer up and get through the divorce as soon as you can. The longer the divorce drags out, the more bitter and wounded you'll be. It'll cost you one way or the other, dragging it out to squabble over a few bucks just puts the bucks you don't want to give her into her and your lawyer's pockets. Accept that it's done, move on with your life and don't let her live rent free in your head for the rest of your life. Someone's sig line is hating someone is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies, true words to take to heart.

After the paperwork is final on the divorce, give it a year before you start looking. A divorce is an emotional scar you have to heal from, and you must allow yourself to heal.

Before you start looking, figure out two things, 1) what attracted you to a woman that didn't make a good wife, 2) what things you did or didn't do that contributed to the failure of the marriage. If you don't figure out both of those things, marriage number two most likely will result in failure.

When you're ready, figure out what is most important in your life, and start looking in areas where you'll find people with the same interests.

And finally as some coworkers said regarding another co-worker who's having troubles with his wife. Remember rule #1. You cannot turn a whore into a housewife.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pensacola Bay...38 eight years ago...
[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Met mine on a blind date a little over 47 years ago, she is better than I deserve. She is now dealing with incurable cancer, my heart is broken.

If you have a keeper, then cherish every day with her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very cool shipmate!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Imported mine from New Zealand.

Usually they are hard working women. This one is no exception.

It was damn expensive though. All the regular costs like if she had been an American....but then all the import fees on top of that.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sitting in the bleachers at a HS basketball game, I HATE basketball, with my co-worker, hunting buddy Doug................ when this creature from high up in the stands walks past.............. I says to Doug, '...that's the best pair of walking away jeans I have ever seen...' to which he responds '....THAT's MY SISTER...' smile them jeans should have been bronzed.........

that was 43 years ago.... first date was to a dirt-track stock car race, and then out to the Weeki-Wachee River dock to fish.......... for real. I know hopeless romantic I am.....

She's beautiful, good mother, smart, frugal, looks out for me, passionate, sexy, capable of being angry, asks for help WHEN needed (don't offer if she hasn't asked yet).............

but occasionally has problems with small words....

I was laying on the couch when she asks '...did you do such and such...' I don;t remember today what it was, but I answered 'NO'..... she offers '...what do you mean NO!...' I raise up and say '...Babe, it was a two letter word, which one gave you the trouble...'

WRONG Answer!

Can't imagine her not being here................

hope your pain ends swiftly..................

Last edited by muffin; 03/21/18.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you're fortunate enough to have had an awesome mother that was a submissive and faithful wife to your Dad, then pay attention to ladies out there.
Don't go hunting one, but when you stumble across one that is like your Mom, marry her.
It's worked for me for 34 years now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rphguy
If you're fortunate enough to have had an awesome mother that was a submissive and faithful wife to your Dad, then pay attention to ladies out there.
Don't go hunting one, but when you stumble across one that is like your Mom, marry her.
It's worked for me for 34 years now.

Good advice

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

I’m sorry to hear about your trouble, that must be a tough pill to swallow. I’ve always believed that the first 5-7 years were the toughest, trying to merge two lives and the nuances that entails takes patience and understanding along with a good measure of empathy.

I met my wife in a bar/nightclub. 😁 Not ideal but it worked for us. I was at the bar the previous night and the hot red headed waitress kept pealing the labels from my long neck Budweiser bottles and smiling while making suggestive small talk. I asked the waitress if she wanted to do something after she got off work the next night and she said she’d love to get together after work on Saturday so I went back with her in mind. I saw my wife sitting there and thought she was absolutely beautiful. I worked up the nerve, with a little (lot) of liquid courage and decided to ask this gorgeous woman to dance. That was 21 years ago and I never looked back. As much as I wanted to explore the hot red headed waitress I completely forgot about her until a few days later but by then I was mesmerized by my wife.

The irony of meeting my wife in a bar is that she doesn’t drink since she’s allergic to alcohol, being half Asian she doesn’t possess the enzymes to break the alcohol down properly. I drank for the both of us since I, being Irish and German, have an excess of alcohol rendering enzymes. 😁

I hope that some honest talk and a willingness to make your marriage work can salvage it. I don’t know many marriages that didn’t have tough times but a mutual respect and a willingness to make the necessary changes can reveal a stronger and more pure love. I truly wish you the best.

ETA.... I should add that the reason her and her girlfriend were at the bar was because it was around the corner from her apartment and the snow storm had prevented her from going over to her parents house and going skiing in Chelan since the passes were closed. She just wanted to get out of the house and the bar was the only options based on road conditions. I went to the bar in a snowstorm because I like snow and beer and it’s just what I did on Friday and Saturday and Thursday and Wednesday nights sometimes on Sunday Monday and Tuesday nights too. 😉

Last edited by AcesNeights; 03/21/18.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1234, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,070
Posts18,521,648
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.