Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We grew up thirty-five miles apart, but didn't meet until we both were a couple of hundred miles away from there, teaching in the same building. She's put up with me for over forty years. We pretty much define the comfortable, old married couple - content and happy.

Last edited by 5sdad; 03/21/18.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
(sic)We have grown together in our faith and are still as happy today as we were when we were first married. The infatuation never wore off. I thank God often for blessing me with a way better woman than I deserved.

And that there is the key to success. Humbly bear one another's burdens, and through a mutual striving towards Christ you'll be rock solid.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
because when I go looking for something (truck, gun, whatever) I buy on impulse.

me too , i usually rent a truck for a few months before buying.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I met my wife of almost 19 yrs in the office. I wasn’t really looking; had gotten to a point where I knew I wanted a wife and nothing less and was trying just to be a good man which was a real change for me st that time.

We met on 10/21/98 were engaged a month later (no proposal I told her we’d marry) and we were married in May. 5 kids later we love each other as much as we did back then but in a better way.

There is no earthly relationship that can give one greater insight into the Gospel of Jesus Christ than the love a good woman has for her husband (and vice versa). I’m blown away by my wife’s grace toward me. Can’t express my gratitude.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by persiandog
because when I go looking for something (truck, gun, whatever) I buy on impulse.

me too , i usually rent a truck for a few months before buying.

haha, if I'm out looking to buy something, I buy the first one that fits the bill. The bill gets shorter in proportion to the time I spend looking.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't pick a wife...

Let her pick you. smile

Seriously.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I married a country gal, rider, and worker - who lived so far out in the boonies - I think I was the only guy who could find his way back a second time.
As said - much is the luck of the draw.
42 years married, now & 2 more dating before that.

I just may keep her!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

in a club, and she minds for the most part, but will run her mouth on occasion. she keeps the house clean and raised the kids while i worked.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Also consider if you have Scriptural authority to re-marry . . .

Mt 5:

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Another reason to stay clear of church women!

No, stay clear of pious 'fire nutjobs...the church gals will be just fine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Good wives don't congregate in any specific areas. Like fish they're where you find em.

Lol...like BIG fish. Or trophy whitetails. They don't do what the dinks do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

Give it to her and don't look back.

B
BWS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
One of our customers (cabinet/builder) we were doing a job for hooked me up with her niece. Fell in love,married, 4 sons,36 years later we still laugh and do stupid chit together. Gotten past getting on each other's nerves......we practice non communication skills.I mean why say something just to piss her off?She feels the same,so we just let stuff go.

Don't know what to say about the big D.......good luck getting rid of the winch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get a woman who is grounded and confident in who they are and comes from a solid family where things were "normal' . Avoid head cases, money-spending gold diggers, drunks, druggies (prescription and illegal), dumb, can't hold a job, or would be a crappy mother.

I've been dang lucky for 29 years and appreciate the heck out of the wife I'm so fortunate to have. Two is way better than one, but it has to be two that have the same values and goals in mind.

I read so many posts on here about people complaining about their current wife or ex and it makes me feel fortunate as hell I haven't gone down that road.

If she wants out, let her. Go find a good one.They are out there, but just like poor wives, there are just as many chitty husbands.

Last edited by Lonny; 03/21/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Husbands love your wives as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for it. . . So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. . . For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Met her at work . I worked inna factory for a coupla months. I went into road / bridge / airport construction.We dated off and on for several years. While I auditioned many gals. I quit every job to go hunting. she was the gal I hooked up with every return.

In '70 I had booked a sheep/ bear hunt in the Yukon. She bought me a Morseth Hunting knife before I left. I knew then, We hotted it up until '73, been married ever since .

In '73 we honeymooned in Wyoming ...deer hunting, then shagged over to Quebec and Chateau Frontenac, for a week ....then to my cabin in Northern, WI for deer hunting.

Works for us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear that Mickey. I would take a deep breath and avoid relationships for a year or two. I would sign up for a few dating sites and have fun for a while. My buddy went that route and met some “ eager” women. Amazingly enough, Christianmingle had some of the biggest freaks.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Find an intelligent one that has NOT drank the feminist koolaid ! cant stress that enough!!!

Be a good man the rest will fall in place. Be patient. Spend a year or two working on yourself, get your head straight, bad relationships and divorce have a way of screwing with your sensibilities.

As to where to find a good woman? as another poster said they are like fish, they are where they are? The trick is recognizing one when you see one.

In our culture today good women are few and far between.

Good luck, and never forget it is better to be alone than in a bad relationship!!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm sorry to hear about your situation but keep in mind, there's worse things than being single.
My wife and I had pretty much nothing in common when we met. I wasn't really looking for anyone when I found her. In the first 4 months we dated I took her to our annual "Heathen Fest" and a mafia wedding. That was 34 years ago and I've always thought she hung around just out of morbid curiosity.
Good luck to you.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I used to say that any woman who would have me wasn't good enough for me. Had to lighten up on that a little.
Took 49 years to find one worth marrying.
Just like cars, look for a good used one who is ready to have a life without self inflicted issues. No games.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Met mine in McDonald's 50 years ago in June.....June 5th at 5:15 actually....she hates that I remember the date and time!
Been married 47 years...like the Energizer Bunny: Still going..........

Good luck with the big D

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 63 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,155
Posts18,484,308
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.