Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
the first thing is you need ask yourself - are you a good husband ?

I'm not talking Ward Cleaver

I mean do you beat her, did you cheat on her, do you blow the money on hobbies or gambling and not pay the bills, do you run around until 3am every chance you get?

if the answer is no to all of the above, then you're not a bad husband. Whatever else your doing she doesn't like, its not because you're a bad husband.

so then the next question is

what do you look for in a spouse? do you want a woman that will cheat on you? lie to you? do stuff behind your back? spend time with other men or her friends and ignore you?

if the answer is no to all of the above, then why do you want to still be with a woman who does that?

there...I just saved some of you $250 an hour in marriage counseling.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Story is a little different. Met my first wife in college and after some rocky time, got married about 3 years later. We got along great and had 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl. Married for almost 16 years and we were doing well, but tragically she died in a car accident. It was hard moving ahead without her and after being with her for about 20 years with dating and marriage, the dating scene was terrifying. I did not date for 2 years, just cared for my kids and worked. Finally after the 2 years, I told my former wife's best friend that I was ready to date and she talked about me at work. One of the girls at work passed on her phone number and said she had been single for awhile and I should call her. Finally decided to call and it was amazing - it was like 2 old friends getting together- it was super comfortable for each of us and it did not hurt that she was great looking. Truthfully, she was the one I was meant to be with forever. That was over 22 years ago and we have been together ever since. By the way, she had 2 Boys and a Girl also so out family of 6 came together. I owe all that I have today to her - super smart, really hard worker and fantastic money manager. So my advise is the same as a friend gave me - don't push the dating stuff - it will happen when you least expect it all on its own. After reading some of these other stories, it seems that is quite common. Sorry about your situation, but life has a way of testing us, pushing us along, often into something better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
You're a hoot shaman...

The other side to that story reveals itself if you pull back a bit and cock your head just right.

KYHillchick was from McCreary County. She took me to meet her mother soon after we started camping together down in the Big South Fork. She and I got along well. One morning I was fixing breakfast and noticed the microwave wasn't working. Her mom told me it hadn't worked for years, but she used it as a bread safe. She also said there was no place around to get it fixed. I offered to buy one in Cincinnati and bring it to her.

The next time I came down for a visit, I'd stopped at the local appliance store and picked up a scratch-n-dent $300 microwave for $150-- only told her it was $50. She broke out into tears and told me she couldn't pay me right away, because her new prescriptions cost so much. I told her that she could keep the microwave, if I could keep her daughter.

So, I really did go down to Southern KY, go back up in a holler and trade an old moutain woman a microwave for my current wife. It's a true story!

EDIT:
. . . and when she died in 2008, I got the microwave back!

Last edited by shaman; 03/22/18.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by persiandog

Is that the site where Donald got Melania?
What an ass-hat..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

What an ass-hat..

Everybody knows Donald's rich enough he didn't need to go on a website. He just called down the conceirge and had samples sent up to his room.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by Redneck

What an ass-hat..

Everybody knows Donald's rich enough he didn't need to go on a website. He just called down the conceirge and had samples sent up to his room.

You got the joke right Shaman, apparently someone else didn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW: Back in the mid-90's I was getting out from my marriage to wife #1, AKA Satan. I saw an ad for mailorder Russian brides and applied. Every month they mailed me a diskette. All the pretty ones were already marked "TAKEN." However, if you scrolled far enough you'd see a pic of some hardened looking Svetlana from Otbrosygrad who worked as a welder in Munitions Plant #2. She liked flowers, and hiking and listening to Death Metal, and wanted to meet a man who could beat her at arm wrestling, make blond babies, and help her learn English.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a buddy who teaches Supply Side Economics (Reaganomics) at the University of Moscow every year. He says he flies in to Moscow, sets up at a good hotel, and just goes to the lobby wearing his Rolex. He has plenty of fun while he's there. Beautiful women come up to him and ask if they can "practice their English." Do muss, no fuss, no heavy commitments. He's now in his 80's, but he looks like he's in his sixties.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was a mail carrier, I had this fellow on my route, who got a monthly catalog from a mail order bride place. This guy was a scroungy looking dude, about 60, who lived in the basement of a family that felt sorry for him. I guess he was just lonely and couldn't find anyone locally. Anyway, he regularly wrote several Russian girls, and the story was that he sent one the money to come here, but she kept it instead.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I was a mail carrier, I had this fellow on my route, who got a monthly catalog from a mail order bride place. This guy was a scroungy looking dude, about 60, who lived in the basement of a family that felt sorry for him. I guess he was just lonely and couldn't find anyone locally. Anyway, he regularly wrote several Russian girls, and the story was that he sent one the money to come here, but she kept it instead.

PT Barnum was right. wink

Applies to a lot of this thread, and not just your post...

Women take the crash course.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then there was this skinny little guy we had working in the warehouse. He looked like he was in his 70's-- probably only in his 50's. He got cancer and went through two years of chemo and surgery and radiation, and after all that they declared him cancer-free. The first thing he did was go to the Philipines and bring home a 22 year old bride. They were living in bliss the last I heard.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A good wife is a blessing! A bad one is a curse!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman
Then there was this skinny little guy we had working in the warehouse. He looked like he was in his 70's-- probably only in his 50's. He got cancer and went through two years of chemo and surgery and radiation, and after all that they declared him cancer-free. The first thing he did was go to the Philipines and bring home a 22 year old bride. They were living in bliss the last I heard.

Having visited the Philippines, I can believe it. Dangerous place to send single engineers smile

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Think about it......
He’s lucky.

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, My wife was lucky, She picked me 57years ago. No, I was very lucky. She is damn tough when she needs to be and is always there for our grown kids and Grandkids and oh yes, our darling Princess Great Grand Daughter. She understands my love of guns, hunting, and shooting matches. I don't bitch about her "eccentric" ways as she gives me freedom for mine.
Didn't hurt that she was an athlete and a beauty contest winner and to this day is concerned with her appearance.
I'm blessed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her?
Sorry about that. Bless you, it's like having a loved one die.
I went looking for, and met my wife in a church group.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
20+ years for me, then one day it was like a switch was thrown; different clothes, different friends, different values. Confused everybody, not just me, still does.

I have read that 80% of divorces are initiated by women, from what I've seen over the last 50 years or so I'd believe it.

This about sums it up:

When a man marries a woman he thinks she will never change.

When a woman marries a man she thinks she can change him.

Neither one is true.

I'm of the school that says once yer word is given you don't ever break it. Not everyone feels that way I guess.

Gotta be a lot of dumb luck in this, predicting how a woman is gonna act years down the line.

The good news is that there's a LOT of women out there, however I dunno that picking one that will stick gets any easier.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

I made a point of calling my wife by her sister's name which got her attention, then she obviously decided I was interesting and took me in...that was in the mid eighties and the best damn thing that ever happened to me this side of birth, even in the hard times this woman has been right beside me and pitching in.

She is one of those that always puts her family before herself, and I can only pray I go first as I don't want to be without her...selfish I know, but there it is.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're in for some phuqqed up times my friend...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Learn to cook and do laundry.

Even if you dont have to...know how.

Thats two less things she can negotiate with.

There is that third thing....you can do that yourself too.

I am MAGA.
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,831
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.