Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Met mine while she was stocking the thong panties display in the lingerie dept of a Mervyn’s store 30 years ago. Yup was buying some for another girl.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
There is that third thing....you can do that yourself too.

Yeah, and it never has a headache.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm sorry for your situation. I met my wife at work. We've been together 30 years. We were friends for over 3 years before dating.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Married a girl 20 years ago that was very good for me in every way. However, above in this thread a profound statement was made.

When a man marries a woman he thinks she will never change. ( this is a very critical part of understanding anything in this thread)
When a woman marries a man she thinks she can change him. ( a huge mistake in judgement by nearly all females)

In my case she became addicted to painkillers and then alcohol and then substance abuse level insanity and finally suicide. This was quick by my standards too, like 3 years into the marriage. I learned after this that her biological brother was also in and out of rehab his entire life. The family felt this was a critical bit of data to hide from the embarrassment. Would have been a nice bit of data to know up front.

Never likely to be married again after that switcharoo personality change from the first time. That's not the fault of my long time current girl friend of 11 years. However, ....As they say once bitten twice shy.

Callie will most likely always be my best friend and my girlfriend. The wife option is not a looming interest for me. She could go either way on marriage I think. We are both over 50 and get along better than is humanly possible. However we both also both know that either of us can bail and move on without any financial connections. This situation creates a more dedicated focus on the concern of the other persons needs and wishes.

There would be no complicated or stressful divorce involved. It would simply be " see ya" and done. That alone creates a more dedicated effort to stay dialed into one another. It's a constant "girlfriend effort" to stay together. On the other hand there is also the same for her, I can make financial decisions for my retirement that I decide completely and control entirely. I can decide to go diving in Egypt in the red sea this June and I don't need to ask about it or hope it's not a massive stressful conversation. I just say " I'll be gone for three weeks this summer"

This is the best situation for older folks without having any kids together. It is not a great relationship for parents sharing the care of young children. I'm no longer able to understand the need to pay for a tax like a marriage license that really provides me with no benefits at all? The Gays have created some rather interesting options for heterosexual couples. Callie is on my employments health care program, and she can drive my company provided vehicle now. Because they cannot deny me " domestic partner" status. That would be discrimination.

So for my life I actually do have my cake and I can eat it too! It's delicious! Thanks to the gay rights crap, it's been good for me!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

Well where ever you got your current one... don't duplicate that again...

if you don't have kids...move on...

heck my first wife would be available....if you want someone needy, who will never leave ya...

she's been available since Nov 1987... never remarried, because no one would have her or want her...

I doubt she's even had a date or two....Victim mentality, Needy.. yet control freak...

going from 5/11 and 160 lbs to 375 lbs probably didn't do her prospects any good either...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

heck my first wife would be available....if you want someone needy, who will never leave ya...

she's been available since Nov 1987... never remarried, because no one would have her or want her...

I doubt she's even had a date or two....Victim mentality, Needy.. yet control freak...

going from 5/11 and 160 lbs to 375 lbs probably didn't do her prospects any good either...

Now she's more than twice as attractive, gravitationally that is.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
crack your knuckles ,if she does the same walk out . she is no good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Seafire

Now she's more than twice as attractive, gravitationally that is.

I bet those Alaska guys would appreciate a woman like that in the winter.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sauer200
You just made my point.

Dude, thats not blather, thats an opinion, just like your azzhole, we all have them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
For better or worse, in many cases they turn into their mother

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
This has by far turned into the longest post I've ever started. Thanks to those that have offered some real advise, and I hate to see people arguing about religion.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Humans will always find something to argue about. We have wars to see who wins an argument.

You can’t beat a nice fat girl!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Humans will always find something to argue about. We have wars to see who wins an argument.

You can can too.

Might go to jail, but you can do it. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You can can too.

Might go to jail, but you can do it. laugh

If she's big enough, she might beat ya back!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Hasil Adkins singin' the praises of his big fat mama!,....way back when,.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My advice is to find ladies that make the bells and whistles go off, four is a nice round number. Get into the relationships with the idea you are going to dump them. In my case I found the ladies that make the bells and whistles go off are stark raving mad, lunatics. One you prove to yourself you can get into and out of a relationship, you will be in a mental / emotional position that trust yourself that you dump the lady should she prove to be problematical. Find a lady you share interests with. I like to bake bread, wife likes to make pasta and home made sauce. She's of Italian descent. We both like gardening, antiquing, etc. A mutual friend had me be what would be my wife's birthday present. We were both dating other people so we chatted, etc for a year or so before we started exchanging recipes

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I crashed her company Christmas party.
I was on her at first sight.
She is the only thing powerful enough to keep me in California.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a description of my wife . . . Proverbs 31

The Virtues of Noble Woman

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by camdog

Met mine on a blind date a little over 47 years ago, she is better than I deserve. She is now dealing with incurable cancer, my heart is broken.

If you have a keeper, then cherish every day with her.
I hate hearing that, I couldn't imagine having to go through that with the woman of your dreams. Praying for a miracle for you both pard.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1eyedmule, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 18,314 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,951
Posts18,539,526
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.