Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Hey, the KoolkAid man is back!

Leah Roy, try some Kool-Aid instead of cock. Then get back with us and give us a report.

I never knew a dimocrap like you who wouldnt turn quueerr for a six pack of beer.

Do you praise Jesus with that mouth?

Or are you just a weekend christian?

Just asking for a friend.....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Simmer down.
Same team.
Hate takes too much effort.
Relax and appreciate your loved ones.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 45_100
Very disappointed he signed the spending bill. Obviously we don't know why he did. Could it have to do with the upcoming talks with NK? With the Iranian nuclear agreement. Maybe like someone said funding for the wall is linked to military spending. The money has been allocated but that doesn't mean it has been spent or that it must be spent. Don't know who actually signs off on the expenditure. Still very disappointing. I would have preferred an extended government shutdown.

Me too. I would have preferred a stronger horse, like Christ. Maybe He will be here soon. Until then, i'll stick with the Don.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Hey, the KoolkAid man is back!

Leah Roy, try some Kool-Aid instead of cock. Then get back with us and give us a report.

I never knew a dimocrap like you who wouldnt turn quueerr for a six pack of beer.

Do you praise Jesus with that mouth?

Or are you just a weekend christian?

Just asking for a friend.....

Praise and glory be to Jesus Christ who forgave, interceeded and saved a reprobate poc no good worthless sinner like me. Thank you Jesus Christ in Heaven for having mercy and preparing, up there, a place for me. Amen.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Honest question: What parts of the spending bill are anti-gun?

Our government is like a young couple spending way beyond their means because they have access to credit. That was going on way before President Trump arrived. Every time we shut down the government, we lose. It also hurts a lot of folks who are depending on a check for services rendered. Congress is not going to come up with an intelligent spending bill or Budget overnight, even if they are willing to try. So what was Trump going to do?

As it is, this will be re-visited very shortly. The Executive Branch doesn't write legislation.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bump

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
23 pages and I ask the one question pertinent and universal to this site, but that kills the thread?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have not read through this thread in it's entirety............. But.

Should TRUMP have VETOED?? My gut is yes, with a 'now get back to work and write a real spending Bill'

Would that have occupied the News for the next two months......... probably! All because TRUMP shut the GOV down over............. pick your favorite DEM talking point....

So he's damned if does and damed if he doesn't.............. He sure as chitt ain't gettin' much help from the REPs..............

Is it possible, as unpalatable as this spending measure is, that it is better to have it out of the way for THIS???

Grand Jury....deals....cooperating witnesses, Page, Strzok, Ohr

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll answer my own question: Leaving out stuff other than guns, it appears the Bill contained the NICS fix and also allowances for the CDC to study guns as they do tobacco. It should have been vetoed on the NICS fix alone.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A real difference maker woulda told congress to stuff that bill where the sun don't shine.

Trump signed it.

The end.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
He should have vetoed it, but he would have been overridden most likely.

This was a real frickin hit job by Paul Ryan and Turtle McConnell. They backed Trump into the corner in this one. If he vetoed it, it would have played well with us, his base but it would have been an open declaration of war against the RINOs in Congress. And with the midterms coming up that could have very well meant a Democratic Congress and he will spend the next two years fighting off impeachment proceedings.

Right now, he is being attacked on all fronts all the time. I’ll keep the faith for now. I’ve seen this magnificent orange bastard bounce back and come out swinging too many times by now to ever count him out.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I like Trump. I don't like people who believe he is God. He's just a guy.

Yeah, that's me too.....which is why I like to call those people as being "Trump's Monica." No matter what he does, they get all giggly and goo-goo, and get a tingle down their leg, and tell us how great a chess player he is, and that we dummies just don't see what he's really doing. Trump is nowhere close to being the smartest man in the room, and he is a typical rich person, in thinking that his money allows him to do as he pleases. With that being said, I want him to lead this country down the path towards getting back some of what we lost during the past 20 years or so. He had the opportunity to do so when he took office, having the GOP running the whole shebang. He made campaign promises, and he has yet to act on them, and that's why I voted for the man.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'll answer my own question: Leaving out stuff other than guns, it appears the Bill contained the NICS fix and also allowances for the CDC to study guns as they do tobacco. It should have been vetoed on the NICS fix alone.

Only if we had a president that didn't want gun control in the first place...

What dimension of chess is he playing now?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I have supported Trump on nearly everything he's done, but I don't support him on this. I have said before, some of the stuff he's said is baffling. I have not stated that he's playing any sort of chess-those are other posters. My support or lack thereof, is generally pretty straightforward, based upon the actions of an individual first and foremost and secondly on what they say especially if there is no record of what they've done. So I don't know what dimension of chess, checkers, Old Maid or the like is being played.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I have supported Trump on nearly everything he's done, but I don't support him on this. I have said before, some of the stuff he's said is baffling. I have not stated that he's playing any sort of chess-those are other posters. My support or lack thereof, is generally pretty straightforward, based upon the actions of an individual first and foremost and secondly on what they say especially if there is no record of what they've done. So I don't know what dimension of chess, checkers, Old Maid or the like is being played.

It would help if he'd just speak plainly and say what he means, and mean what he says.

The games are getting old.

Especially when he signed gun control bills that Obama never had the chance to sign.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It would help if he'd just speak plainly and say what he means, and mean what he says.

The games are getting old.

Especially when he signed gun control bills that Obama never had the chance to sign.

Have to admit that is puzzling, kind of like Malcom Fraser capitulating to the unions here and their best friend Bob Hawk bending them over and using no lubricant.

Sometimes you cannot pick what people will or won't do.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Chess my ass the bastard lied to us caved to the dems and thru his most loyal supporters under the bus. Freedom once lost is very seldom regained. Tell me again what a great negotiator he is then show me what we got in return for more gun control. Sorry to say it appears that it makes no difference who we support it may take a little longer but we will lose it all in the end. Congratulations Mr President you just turned Pennsylvania blue again. Watch the midterms the dems will have both houses and Trump will be a lame duck for the rest of his term. And before you call me a anti Trumper look back at my posts i had great hopes for this guy my disappointment is beyond profound.

Last edited by Pashooter; 03/24/18.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Backroads
If this were an actual budget, everyone should be getting worked up.

As a CR, who is constitutionally bound to disperse these funds recently appropriated by congress?

Pretty sure the Prez has quite a bit of say in how, and more importantly, how quickly these funds are doled out...

Pretty sure this is the final budget for FY2018. The one that was due October 1, last year. just a little late, officer. blush

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No change to the CDC from what I've heard. It just reiterates that they can study gun violence, which they always could. They still aren't allowed to advocate for gun control.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pashooter
Chess my ass the bastard lied to us caved to the dems and thru his most loyal supporters under the buss. Freedom once lost is very seldom regained. Tell me again what a great negotiator he is then show me what we got in return for more gun control. Sorry to say it appears that it makes no difference who we support it may take a little longer but we will lose it all in the end. Congratulations Mr President you just turned Pennsylvania blue again. Watch the midterms the dems will have both houses and Trump will be a lame duck for the rest of his term. And before you call me a anti Trumper look back at my posts i had great hopes for this guy my disappointment is beyond profound.

Unfortunately, the above states exactly how I feel today.

Instead of national concealed carry reciprocity, I find that my tax dollars are funding gun control brain washing and more restrictions on law abiding gun owners. President Trump put together a great coalition - and is rapidly pissing it all way.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (257 roberts, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 66 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,575
Posts18,532,025
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.