Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
You can thank the NRA statement for this ban on bump stocks.......if the NRA leadership hadn't released a statement approving it, there is no way it would be an issue. LaPierre and Cox and anyone else in NRA leadership who thought this statement was a good idea need to be fired!!!

Thank the NRA for going all in for trumpy too. They were his biggest superpac. Now we have to defend against his ignorance.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Folks, don't be so fast to brand those seeing this device for what it is as "pro gun control". Nothing could be further from the truth. I personally have the heritage and background to disprove that easily. It's a family thang. Can remember as a kid my daddy lamblasting those damn dimocrats for passing the Gun Control Act of 1964 among other things and he was a union steel worker. Preached to me regularly they were just out to get our guns so they could rule us. Almost like he knew what he was talking about, huh. I believed him then and I believe him still.

But this damn trigger twitcher we're talking about ain't even a gun. And banning it will not be overturned based on 2nd Amendment logic. Banning it will not interfere with me owning a firearm because it ain't a firearm or even a necessary part of a firearm including semi-autos. It doesn't come under 2nd A protection. All the inventors of this gizmo have done is bring down wrath where none should be. And now it looks like they have succeeded in having a non-gun piece of plastic declared to be a machine gun. WOW!! Thanks a LOT!! All of a sudden it's now in the same class as a registered sear except worse. Since it's a recently manufactured device it violates Class III regulations and ties AR type firearms it is used on back to being "easily converted to machine guns" as a war cry of the gun ban brigade.

This reclassification should not surprise anyone. The mechanics are easy to understand. If you want to argue the legality of fully automatic ownership vs government control that's another subject and I agree we should be able to own small arms with that capability. But this piece of hardware was turned into a Trojan Horse by the Obamer regime when they let manufacture and ownership continue. I seriously believe they saw it's future use in a mass shooting or two as points on the board and were hoping for dead bodies to use. Turns out our enemies have benefited much more from it than shooters who own one.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
You can thank the NRA statement for this ban on bump stocks.......if the NRA leadership hadn't released a statement approving it, there is no way it would be an issue. LaPierre and Cox and anyone else in NRA leadership who thought this statement was a good idea need to be fired!!!

Thank the NRA for going all in for trumpy too. They were his biggest superpac. Now we have to defend against his ignorance.

It would be more accurate in saying now we have to defend against the NRA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Never go full retard. wink

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/20/nra-endorses-donald-trump-convention

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Never go full retard. wink

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/20/nra-endorses-donald-trump-convention

Okay, I'll just send the NRA another hundred and we'll be good to go for another couple of months. Hopefully they'll let me keep my 303 British and a couple of 22 single shots.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So far your batting at 100% wrong as a voter since I've been here; so I wouldn't expect you to make any right decisions grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The NRA is a farce as far as gun rights are concerned. It's a mouth piece to suck money out of freedom loving individuals. I've never been a member and never will. ANY and ALL laws regarding firearms are ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The fact that so many today willingly give up their Rights that so many men die for is absolutely disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! DO NOT TREAD ON ME!

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So far your batting at 100% wrong as a voter since I've been here; so I wouldn't expect you to make any right decisions grin
So you voted for Hillary? I voted Trump. I didn't like voting for Romney or McClown, but I damned sure didn't vote for Zero. Didn't know you were an Obama supporter. Thought you just got turned on by his mom on all fours.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
The NRA is a farce as far as gun rights are concerned. It's a mouth piece to suck money out of freedom loving individuals. I've never been a member and never will. ANY and ALL laws regarding firearms are ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The fact that so many today willingly give up their Rights that so many men die for is absolutely disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Agreed. I've been a member off and on since the early nineties, but let it lapse during the Obama era because it became evident that they didn't have our best interests at heart.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ouch. That was below the belt; I bet you do your best work work there don't ya? grin

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ouch. That was below the belt; I bet you do your best work work there don't ya? grin
You would lose that bet, but then you're a loser so that's just par for the course.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I guess no one saw the grin.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
How many voters own bump stocks? 1000?

How many own AR15s? 10,000,000?

How many own semi auto AR15s, SKSs, 742s, 1100s, and all the rest? 20,000,000?

How many members does the NRA, GOA, CCRKBA combined have now? 6,000,000?

How many adults in total live in the same houses of those members? 12,000,000?

That's a lot of votes. If you want to keep your guns, support the NRA, send them cash, stop bitching when they send you 2% of the junk mail that others send you, write a thoughtful letter to your legislatures once in awhile, and VOTE!!!

Indy
Benefactor Member
National Rifle Association of America

I'm curious here. What is a semi auto AR15? I thought full auto, as you note above RE AR15s by themselves, were M16s? I"m missing something here.

wife and I will most likely always be NRA members. Anyone that isn't and owns a gun is kinda on the dumb side. Then support whomever else you want to in addition.

RE giving up bump stocks, like many others I've no use for one. But I support anyone that wants one and wants to play. When they break the law you punish them to the full extent. Plus some.

That is simple enough and would set the example needed.

Well that plus getting back to the norm... 2 parent household that actually parents, pays attention to the kids, raises the kids, disciplines the kids. And a bit of God in there is not going to be negative. A bit of muslim in there telling em to kill anyone thats not muslim OTOH....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Ok. I hear you. Would you be willing to answer one of the following (multiple choice test)?

1. I financially support GOA.

2. I financially support CCRKBA.

3. I financially support another pro-gun organization.

4. I'm a freeloader.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Rost,

I meant the combined total of semi autos, including AR15s.

It occurs to me that if all semi autos and large magazines were confiscated, some nut could kill dozens of kids with a pump action shotgun, especially if he had some sort of pistol for protection while reloading the shotgun.

Or a bomb...

Gun control will make nobody safe from mass killings. It'll just make the weapons change, probably for the worse.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s like I’m living in the twilight zone. Firearms owners have got to be the dumbest sobs as a group on the planet.

We’ve been fighting this war for decades. I remember when the common myth was that a semi-auto could be converted to automatic fire by the simple installation of an automatic sear. For the most part that wasn’t true and where it was, designs were changed so that it wouldn’t be. Then, based on that we spent the next couple of decades arguing that so-called assault weapons only looked like military weapons and were not capable of automatic fire and as such, were really no different than a Remington 742 or any other hunting rifle. And you know what? We largely won that battle. It was working great.

And then, in the space of half a decade or so, we’ve suddenly got tens of thousands of YouTube videos with tons of firearms owners reinacting the gunfight scene from Heat with goofy assed grins on their faces as they spray hundreds of rounds downrange with their bump stocks. Suddenly these “scary looking” guns that we had spent the last two decades telling people weren’t really all that scary, are doing what appears to be exactly what we had spent the last two decades telling everyone that they couldn’t do.

And save me from the technical explanations of what a bump stock does and doesn’t do. I get it. But any sane person is going to look at those YouTube videos and see what it ACTUALLY does no matter how you try to get into the technical weeds about it.

Now, as for me, I’m for repealing every gun control law on the books. I don’t think anything should be illegal. But we, as a shooting community, spent years and years crafting a narrative about modern sporting rifles and semi-autos in general. And bump stocks pretty much have single handedly destroyed that narrative.

Well said JoeBob. I had some doubts about where these bump stocks were going when I saw them hit the market. Now we all know the answers and it is NOT good.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm curious here. What is a semi auto AR15?

It's one that's not running full semi-auto.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Ok. I hear you. Would you be willing to answer one of the following (multiple choice test)?

1. I financially support GOA.

2. I financially support CCRKBA.

3. I financially support another pro-gun organization.

4. I'm a freeloader.

I would mark that question as N/A. That's gotta be one of the worst written questions I've ever seen on a test, and I attended public schools and college. You get a public school, Needs Improvement for the leading question and failed, backward attempt at an insult. Would you like to try again?

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 58 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,182
Posts18,503,266
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.