Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I know there is not a C hairs worth of difference and it will come down to the cost of reamers and dies. But is there any reason to pick one over the other? There might be the outside chance that the Creed goes factory but not likely. The only thing I can think of is if and when I shot out the barrel a simple re-bore would get me a 6 or 6.5 Creedmore and if it is still the love child of gun cranks than re-sale potential would be better but that is not much of an argument since I rarely sell anything. The other old saw is if I forget my ammo which I have actually done then with the 22-250 I could shoot factory from wally world or the local PG&Y. But I rarely only have one rifle and when I did forget ammo there was enough rolling around my truck to finish the hunt. So how is that for a non dilemma?

Last edited by Tejano; 03/28/18.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a rifle getting converted to 22 Creedmoor right now.

Alpha Munitions is in the works of manufacturing head stamped 22 Creed brass as we speak. That to me justifies that choice over 22/250AI.

Alpha brass is top shelf. I've been testing their 6 Creedmoor brass for a couple months with great results.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I am all in on a custom 22 Creedmoor.

I have yet to settle on the components, but it’s going to happen soon.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm eyeballing Sierra's 90gr and 95gr SMK's. the 90 has a .563 G1, the 95, .600. Sierra's BC's are usually spot on. Should be able to get 3250+ fps with the 95....

Should be a pretty Skookum coyote rifle...

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Might be a bit off topic but if a person shot out a 22x47 Lapua. Could you rechamber to 22 Creed and would it be like starting with a new barrel?

Last edited by Farming; 03/28/18.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Friends, I seldom post any more on the 24HCF, mostly because of the hatred and anger that currently RULES here.

I must comment that Pat is a long-time friend and an exceedingly fine judge of all things currently gunny.

Given that, and Pat Sinclair's judgment, which I trust totally, I would favor the .22 Creedmoor over the .22-250 Ackley Improved.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Farming
Might be a bit off topic but if a person shot out a 22x47 Lapua. Could you rechamber to 22 Creed and would it be like starting with a new barrel?

probably not.....unless the barrel was a heavy barrel and can be shortened several inches at the breech end and still have room for new threads and chamber

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tejano
I know there is not a C hairs worth of difference and it will come down to the cost of reamers and dies. But is there any reason to pick one over the other? There might be the outside chance that the Creed goes factory but not likely. The only thing I can think of is if and when I shot out the barrel a simple re-bore would get me a 6 or 6.5 Creedmore and if it is still the love child of gun cranks than re-sale potential would be better but that is not much of an argument since I rarely sell anything. The other old saw is if I forget my ammo which I have actually done then with the 22-250 I could shoot factory from wally world or the local PG&Y. But I rarely only have one rifle and when I did forget ammo there was enough rolling around my truck to finish the hunt. So how is that for a non dilemma?

I's shy away from anything AI....that sad, I'd prefer the 224 TTH over either of them.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good to hear from you, DZ - I value your advice a LOT!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by vapodog
I'd prefer the 224 TTH over either of them.

Care to expound?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Friends, I seldom post any more on the 24HCF, mostly because of the hatred and bigotry that currently RULES here.

Having said that, Pat is a long-time friend and an exceedingly fine judge of all things currently gunny.

Given that, and Pat Sinclair's judgment, which I trust totally, I would favor the .22 Creedmoor over the .22-250 Ackley Improved.

Blessings,

Steve

Thanks brother!

Hope you and Karen are doing well. Give her my best wishes!

I miss those days of us crawling through the cactus, sneaking on those big antelope bucks!

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pat, what twist for the 22 Creedmoor?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rflshtr
Pat, what twist for the 22 Creedmoor?

I ordered a 1-7" Bartlein 5R. It might destroy lighter bullets, but I'm building this one for the long, heavy, higher BC bullets.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
sounds perfect

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dogzapper

, I would favor the .22 Creedmoor over the .22-250 Ackley Improved.

Blessings,

Steve

Steve you are one of the "gooduns" and priceless in your advice and contributions.

That is golden. Like Moses receiving the stone tablets. I am swaying that direction. Could I fire a 22-250 in the Creed chamber without loosing life or limb? How about reforming Lapua or RWS brass to this configuration?

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by vapodog
[quote=Tejano]I
I's shy away from anything AI....that sad, I'd prefer the 224 TTH over either of them.

Yes this is tempting. Even though they make new barrels every day I am still Scotch Irish on a 600 round barrel burner. If I wanted more I would go for the 6.5x300 Weatherby and accept the limited barrel life. Like a full blown dragster that blows an engine on every run.

And just be be a d*ck I would probably go 22x6mm AI and loose maybe 400 rounds on the barrel life?

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I really appreciate the input from the Congnasenti and it makes things easier to pick a chamber. Yes I do fill guilty of neglecting the worlds problems in leu of gun gack but in Clint Eastwards quote " A man has got to know his limitations".

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tejano
........Yes I do feel guilty of neglecting the worlds problems in lieu of gun gack but in Clint Eastwood's quote, " A man has got to know his limitations".

The Psalmist said, "I do not concern myself with things that are too high for me."

So, based on that, anything above a 300 WSM is too high for me.

Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd take a gander at the 22x47 Lapua as well.....I like mine, 80 grain Bergers at 3370 in a 23" tube.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Alpha brass is top shelf. I've been testing their 6 Creedmoor brass for a couple months with great results.

Pat, are there hardness issues with the hornady brass?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.