Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by deflave

Ok thank you.

So when SOCOM adopts something that means all these different groups or organizations now use whatever it is that SOCOM adopted? Or does it just mean SOCOM will allow them to use it if they choose to?

There are SOCOM specific items and programs that apply to all that fall under SOCOM. SOCOM is an umbrella for each services special operations Personel.

Army- USASOC
Air Force- AFSOC
MARINES- MARSOC
Navy- NSW

Within that umbrella falls most of the “special” units.

In this case all/most SOCOM issued M110’s, M110 K’s, MK20 SSR’s, and any bolt action 7.62mm guns will be replaced/rebarreled to 6.5 Creedmoor.

Originally Posted by prm
My interpretation: It means someone took liberty with a headline and the reality is one group within SOCOM looked into it.

Negative. All 7.62mm sniper weapon systems and sniper support weapons issued to SOCOM Personel will be transitioned to 6.5 Creedmoor.

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Yes, the last i understood
Marsoc, the Marine spc. forces used a 1911.
It is not standard for all.

Actually the top tier people get to use what they choose, per mission sometimes.

MARSOC no longer issues the M45 (1911). They are using G19’s as is the standard for SOCOM.

While some have latitude to acquire/use alternate gear/weapons, it is much less common than believed by the public.

Thanks Form.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CRS
Interesting, as most military cartridges are developed by the military, then reach commercial status.

This one developed commercially, then adopted by the military.

So was the .308 Winchester...It was introduced several years before it's NATO metric milspec version..

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I may be wrong, but I think it was military developed and commercial just released before officially adopted?

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CRS
I may be wrong, but I think it was military developed and commercial just released before officially adopted?

Yep! Developed by the army, then Winchester commercialized it prior to adoption by NATO.

Last edited by Savuti; 03/27/18.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Feeling pretty cool about choosing the Creedmoor before them. LOL

I'm thinking this has merit as a new signature line.... BTW, when my wife saw how crazy accurate my... um, our.... okay now her Tikka was shooting, the 25-06 was no longer of much interest to her. She shot 3 deer last Fall with "her Creedmoor" before I had a chance to shoot anything but paper or steel with it...

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B2

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looking forward to getting my Fieldcraft back and shooting it. If it shoots as well, as easily, as my previous 6.5 CM I’ll be a full-fledged, Kool-aid drinking fan!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last time I looked, Kimber only offered their Super American grade rifle in .308. If they were to start offering it in the 6.5 Creedmore I might attempt the "Okay honey the Tikka seems to be your lucky rifle.... I'd like to get a Creedmore for myself now..." ploy....

I have a friend that just bought his first big game rifle last Fall also in Creedmore. Both rifles have been honest 1/2 MOA shooters. Kool-aid induced delusion or not, I'm thinking this cartridge deserves a high polish blued/AAA walnut platform. cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Something tells me the 140 ELD-M will be in the mix. Target bullet, a wee bit shorter than the the 147 for feeding, and still amazing BC. I think the Berger 130 Hybrid would be righteous, as well.

Come to think of it, both the 129 and 142 ABLR could be straight up tits in this roll.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
So our new round will be slightly less that the Sweede round designed in the 1890s, but a little better than the Jap round found to be obsolete in the 1930's.I

But with better bullets.

Well, my dad fought in the Pacific, and they actually called the it the "Jap .25". with its long barrel and low muzzleblast, in the jungle it was extremely hard to "locate" the shot; it was a favored Sniper round. They also made a carbine and it was a coveted War souvenir, for a deer rifle. Dad had one, but had to turn it in for a "raffle type" deal and drew a ticket for a standard Jap Calvary Saber. He hated it. Ha. Yes, I still have it, but would have preferred the Jap .25! I guess it depends on how they use it in the field...

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 03/30/18.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I am curious which bullet they settle on

You will not make peace with the Blue Coats, you are free to go
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,872 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,617
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.