Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I would suggest finding a tack store somewhere and buying an actual horse riding helmet.

I bought mine for $60 and I don't feel it looks terrible, it's very comfortable use it every time i'm on a horse.

bike helmet is to take one blow, an equestrian helmet is designed to absorb multiple blows where if you are hung up on the side of a horse and hitting your head off the ground a few times before you can get yourself freed.

it's one thing i've thought about and if I go anywhere and ride an unfamiliar horse, I would be that much more inclined to wear a helmet

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like my Ranger, smoother ride!!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by saddlesore
If my memory serves me I have come off three mules when it was their idea,once when it was mine.The once I ended up in a lot worse condition than the previous 3. However staying on, I probably would not have survived at all.

I don't wear a helmet as I have never seen one that would keep my ears warm at 5 degrees F

I don't ride green mules anymore and don't ride anyone's mule when they ask me to figure out what is wrong with me.I ride short, old mules now.

Older horses, faster women, younger whiskey.

We ain't getting any younger!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by las
If my memory serves me I have come off three mules when it was their idea,once when it was mine.The once I ended up in a lot worse condition than the previous 3. However staying on, I probably would not have survived at all.

I don't wear a helmet as I have never seen one that would keep my ears warm at 5 degrees F

I don't ride green mules anymore and don't ride anyone's mule when they ask me to figure out what is wrong with me.I ride short, old mules now.

Had to give up whiskey, can't drive faster women, but my mules are 18 and 20 years old

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/01/18.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate horses as much as I do dogs and if a hunt required one, I'd not hunt.

Travis

Miserable old grouch, aintcha? smile

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by las

Had to give up whiskey, can't drive faster women, but my mules are 18 and 20 years old

Me too. One out of three ain't bad at our age. Hell, I don't even have a mule or horse. I gotta shank it!

I keep waiting for an offer from Ironbender.... but noooo......

And after I took him fishing in a truck that jumps (bad king pins) around the road and all.... smile

Never mind Mike. ... that goat permit up behind Tustemena Lake? Ain't no way my boat "Sneer" will handle a horse.

But you are still welcome to strangle fish at Kasilof with me in June. We'll use the "Jumper" again if the bald tires hold out...

Don't need no stinkin hemets for that, unless maybe we have Dean along... (inside joke).

Last edited by las; 04/01/18.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by las

Me too. One out of three ain't bad at our age. Hell, I don't even have a mule or horse. I gotta shank it!

I keep waiting for an offer from Ironbender.... but noooo......

And after I took him fishing in a truck that jumps (bad king pins) around the road and all.... smile

Never mind Mike. ... that goat permit up behind Tustemena Lake? Ain't no way my boat "Sneer" will handle a horse.

But you are still welcome to strangle fish at Kasilof with me in June. We'll use the "Jumper" again if the bald tires hold out...

Don't need no stinkin hemets for that, unless maybe we have Dean along... (inside joke).

Well, golly. Never had a hint that you were even willing to straddle a nag!

I have a Killey bou permit for this fall. I might could put you in a saddle, but I'd have to swear you to secrecy on camp locations. Yeah, plural. It's two days of riding to get there.

Helmets in the cab of the Jumper might not be a bad way to go!? wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,985
Posts18,481,012
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.