Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 58 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 57 58
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Man.....you illegal corn pilers sure get your panties in a twist when you lose. Sounds like you have anger issues.

Oh he's got more issues than anger.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by sharp_things
The crossbow is perfect for little kids and small women and the elderly and handicapped that cant rise to the challenges of bowhunting. Later on in life, those kids may take up the sport of bowhunting.

You know what else is good for the handicapped? Shooting spikes over bait piles in CWD zones. You know quite a bit about that, though. Don'tcha Ronnie?

Well no but you will cling to that despite the facts so run with it. wink

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
B
It's all about greed. Really is boys and girls. Compound users want to say it's about ethics and the difficulty. They suddenly cared about the heard and gun hunters, but in the end they are taking up that path because they want the biggest bucks at their dumbest time(rut) to themselves. Sadly, money speaks and new hunters to the field speaks louder than greed. Sounds like from reviews from all the counties crossbow hunters trounced the compound guys like they should of. =) I even got my pregnant wife to come out and trounce since she got her first kill a year ago because of a crossbow.

So good luck on ever getting this reversed. I don't know how you compound hunters will survive now. Ask DNR for a new season for blow darts only before archery season so you can go back to 1st pickings?

=)

hahahahaha.. GAME OVER BOYS

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cool story bro.....lol

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I knew some cool old bowhunters that had to go to X bow to stay hunting during archery season.
Not one of them called themselves a bowhunter at that stage of the game. Crossbow hunter or hunter.

Not "bowhunter".

I do know of one blowhard redneck elitist that was against X bows, then needed one........and tells anybody that's within ear shot that he's a "bowhunter".
Same dude wears a toupee.

Some folks can't accept aging or unjuries..........or other truths.

But I think the majority that try to spin stuff...........subscribe to a culture of identity, not integrity.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by buckshotdeath
So good luck on ever getting this reversed.

I'm thinking that regardless of the vote outcome, the crossbow season will indeed be reduced. Just a wild hunch. wink

P.S. Strong first post. Welcome aboard. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/10/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Everybody wants to think they're friggin special.

IMHO........most people suck. Doesn't matter what they carry into the woods.

Used to be that bowhunters had a decent work ethic. Some slobs, as with any group..........but lesser %.
As the sport has grown..........it's gotten more A holes.

Worked sporting retail for a stretch.........the average deer hunter (bow, x bow or gun)..........aint somebody I'd have a beer with.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/10/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree hookeye

B
B
That's good! I think North Korea will give up it's nukes as well! I put about the same weight of believe in both those statements!!
=)

DNR will never shorten. Money speaks. New hunters to the field speaks. Greed does not speak. Only dates that matter are the weeks around the rut, you take away that, then you take away the new hunters and money.

=)
=)
=)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by buckshotdeath
DNR will never shorten. Money speaks. New hunters to the field speaks. Greed does not speak. Only dates that matter are the weeks around the rut, you take away that, then you take away the new hunters and money.

Actually no. The data shows that the crossbow was not responsible for bringing new license buyers into the woods. It shows that it shifted existing bowhunters and gun deer hunters to crossbow hunting. The myth of recruitment was dispelled in the 2nd year of the trial period and further proven in the next 2 years.

The "DNR" is not tasked with adjusting the crossbow season. That responsibility falls to the Natural Resources Board and they instruct the DNR to enforce the new season structure. Its not a money issue (nor has it ever been) The DNR has a budget regardless if a gun or bowhunter buys a crossbow license. Nobody is taking away crossbow hunting, just setting the final season structure. I fear you are not operating in the realm of reality in this matter.

As to the NRB adjusting the crossbow season, the vote was only advisory. While the results are not yet published, they are not the requirement to adjust the season. the harvest data is what is used as the cause of the adjustment and that data is very compelling and good reason for their adjusting the crossbow season length.. The NRB only sought to gauge public support for the eventual adjustment by have the public weigh in with their opinion. The vote is non-binding and the decision is and has been the prevue of the NRB.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Language in the adoption of the initial X bow season appears to have included a review, and in that possible adjustment of timing/length.
We have a similar type of thing going on with Indiana's HP rifle test period.

The question is...........was such language used to just get it passed (by appearance of limits/adjustment) or did they really mean it?

They gotta keep various groups of hunters and non hunters happy, while securing their political careers.
Things aren't often what they seem.

Even if they were honest in having a review period, they may or may not change it (data supported or not).

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I don't trust the DNR or any boards.
People suck.
Esp when in groups.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
Language in the adoption of the initial X bow season appears to have included a review, and in that possible adjustment of timing/length.
We have a similar type of thing going on with Indiana's HP rifle test period.

The question is...........was such language used to just get it passed (by appearance of limits/adjustment) or did they really mean it?

They gotta keep various groups of hunters and non hunters happy, while securing their political careers.
Things aren't often what they seem.

Even if they were honest in having a review period, they may or may not change it (data supported or not).

The NRB and the parties that drafted the legislation are very serious about the trial period and the adjustment. They in fact are the driving force backed with harvest data of the crossbower. With or without the vote, the NRB has the data required to adjust the season length to a sorter duration. I expect that is exactly what will happen based on recent communications.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't trust the DNR or any boards.
People suck.
Esp when in groups.

That is not a requirement. Your (or any bodies) trust is not even a part of the equation. The DNR IS NOT at the helm. They merely enforce what the NRB instructs them to. The board will determine whether or not the crossbow season will be adjusted based on the collected harvest data and then direct the DNR to write a scope statement to set about the process of shortening the season. The NRB will then use the harvest data to select the days/weeks of reduction to arrive at an estimated harvest success rate to bring them on par with other weapons types. This is all very cut and dried.

Devoid of emotion and driven by data and proactive (which is refreshing as it relates to game management.) The responsibility and authority of the upcoming adjustment of the crossbow season falls upon the NRB who will direct the DNR to enact it. It will then be made part of administrative code.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
DNR here tried to pull a fast one recently.
9th Circuit of Appeals kinda crap......somebody in power making an interpretation that was blatantly bogus.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/10/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Devoid of emotion and driven by data and proactive (which is refreshing as it relates to game management.)

Devoid of emotion - you're a violator. Why you continue to associate with actual sportsman is a bit perplexing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
DNR here tried to pull a fast one recently.
Could have been one butt hurt top official, but others signed off on his crap.
So..........I don't trust anybody.

Perhaps your state's DNR has powers ours does not. Our DNR serves a functionary role largely in enforcement but the NRB instructs them, not the other way around.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SKane
Why you continue to associate with actual sportsman is a bit perplexing.

Ive been working on this matter since 2012. The creation of the crossbow season, the season duration as well as the author of the resolution for the reduction of the season length in both 2016 and 2017. Its a matter I care about so I do what I can to aid in getting this right based on data.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Why you continue to associate with actual sportsman is a bit perplexing.

Ive been working on this matter since 2012. The creation of the crossbow season, the season duration as well as the author of the resolution for the reduction of the season length in both 2016 and 2017. Its a matter I care about so I do what I can to aid in getting this right based on data.

Your past indiscretions don't exactly make all believe you have the interest of hunters or animals in mind - merely yourself.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
6 failed years. Sounds like a great track record. Keep at it....you'll figure out your purpose someday.

Page 8 of 58 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,875
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.