Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 58 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 57 58
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Data.

Hopefully the collection and the experiment were done right.

Science over politics.

I've seen Six Sigma masters blow some pretty easy stuff.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/10/18.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The irony of stopping a legal form of hunting the same year you get busted for an illegal form. Man youre something.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
Data.

Science over politics.

The state collects the data as directed by statutory and administrative code mandates. WI collects all the data for every license sold based on weapons type then when a deer is harvested, the state mandates registration which is also by weapons type. This way, the NRB can see the success rates for each weapon and the trends that are created.

[Linked Image]

In the case of the season reduction, the mandate is that the collected data would be the driver for any adjustment, not the opinion of less than 1/2 of 1 percent of license buyers that bothered to show up and share their opinion. The vote for simply to gauge support for the eventual reduction, not to determine IF the reduction will take place.

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/10/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This was broke down mathematically on another forum and didn't have the impact this shows. Oddly enough, once the data was broke down it was deleted. Keep spinning it Ron.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SKane
Your past indiscretions don't exactly make all believe you have the interest of hunters or animals in mind - merely yourself.

That is not a requirement. What folks believe about me or not is not material to this. At some point in time down the road, If I become injured/handicapped or so elderly that I cant be a bowhunter any more, I too would be bound by the very change I am advocating for if I were to take up the sport of crossbowing or crossbow hunting or whatever they call what they do.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From another forum....

"It was packed and out the door for the meeting last night! The WBH were few and quite surprised and seemed very uncomfortable! Lol Sorry ba&”@$:s! The crossbow season should remain the same if every meeting had the same turn out! Thank you to all my WI crossbow hunters and supporters!"

No wonder why Ron voted, tucked tail and left. Seems he would've stayed to lobby his rule change.

Last edited by bigwoods; 04/10/18.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
Data.

Science over politics.

Tomorrow the NRB will meet. The reporting of the opinion gathering of last night is not yet been posted (and its not important to the matter since it was opinion gathering) The NRB member that delivered the well written question has amended the NRB meeting agenda to address the shortening of the crossbow season. As I stated earlier, I expect the adjustment regardless of the tally of last night. That's all I can say on the matter at this point. wink

FYI, even before this opinion gathering, and at the last meeting of the NRB, they board asked the DNR to shorten the crossbow season for this year. THe DNR said there was not time to react in time for the 2018 season. Folks wont know how the DNR has conducted itself in this matter but the NRB does. I expect the NRB to use the data to adjust the crossbow season.

B
B
Sounds like Greg Kazmierski will lose his job the more he pushes the wrong way. Wont' matter in the end. You can live in your little world of false message/hope for people in here. What day you want me to spot check you back and throw your bogus comments back? the 12th after the meeting on the 11th?
=)

B
B
Lol just found this post on another site.

""If some of you are bored, check out this website forum.
Good old ronnie (rancid crabtree) Kulas is back at it. Look for poster sharp things.
This is really more interesting then CNN, MNSBC, & FOXX news on Trump.""

Is that you mr sharp things?!?!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It ain’t happening Ronnie.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The determination as to whether or not the NRB will announce when the crossbow season will be adjusted is solely based on collected harvest and usage data. the folks holding their breath, waiting for the results of last nights opinion gathering to be released are a bit late to the party. The required input is already published. If the results of last nights opinion gathering show the majority of those that attended want the crossbow season to stay as long as it is for another temporary data gathering year, that group will no doubt think the matter is settled and that last nights gathering was important.

That group wont disclose that the turnout (which will be roughly 6 to 7,000 sportsmen out of the estimated 1 million plus sportsmen in WI or less than 1/10th of 1 percent) is part of the reason last night's opinion gathering is not required for the NRB to adjust the crossbow season. Annually, the results of the WCC hearings are not acted upon or are acted upon directly opposite of the votes taken. The votes are non-binding and are mostly tradition since the bread and butter work of the WCC is administrative code and not statute.

Far too many are inserting emotion into this without a full understanding of the matter. FYI, Mr. Kazmierski was just reappointed to another 6 year term on the NRB.

B
B
Oh oh!! Ronnie and Mr. Kazmierki are about to lose their little fight.
Terms are made to be terminated. No job is secure regardless of term.
=)

Everyone, just ignore this toad. It's false information. Yes, last night's vote was pretty much pointless but all knew that going it. It was more of a public representation. Mr. Sharp Things ronnie who trolls multiple boards with this crap is just upset that I stole his buck last year and that the woods are too noisy now disturbing his 1st pickings rut hunt.

Like I said, come back to his boards in a few days or when the official press release is out that nothing is changing. Then the posts from Rancid Crabtree will disappear.

=)

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No they won't. He never stops running that C-holster mouth of his.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by buckshotdeath
Oh oh!! Ronnie and Mr. Kazmierki are about to lose their little fight.
Terms are made to be terminated. No job is secure regardless of term.
=)

Everyone, just ignore this toad. It's false information. Yes, last night's vote was pretty much pointless but all knew that going it. It was more of a public representation. Mr. Sharp Things ronnie who trolls multiple boards with this crap is just upset that I stole his buck last year and that the woods are too noisy now disturbing his 1st pickings rut hunt.

Like I said, come back to his boards in a few days or when the official press release is out that nothing is changing. Then the posts from Rancid Crabtree will disappear.

I think the entire matter was very misunderstood by the masses. I dont think some folks understood the crossbow season duration was temporary and that these last few seasons were used to set the final season duration after the data was collected. They actually thought these last few years was the final season duration. Then folks thought lasts night’s gathering was important to the adjustment of the crossbow season. I fear people will be disappointed when the crossbow season is reduced. Some even thought the crossbow season was going to be eliminated despite the clear wording of the question.

In the end, the crossbow season will be adjusted so that the success rate is on par with that of other weapons and its impacts on the resource are taken into consideration not only for today but into the future as crossbow usage and advancements continue. Good game management is proactive, not reactive. Even if the season duration is 8 weeks, nothing is being lost or taken away from the crossbower unless folks want to pretend that the trial period was not a trail period. The crossbow season will still be quite long allowing folks ample opportunity to crossbow hunt. All ages and sexes will still be able to hunt deer in all manner of weather. I do not understand the overly emotional stuff though. I find it odd.

B
B
I see Ronnie's mind works in mysterious ways. I'm seriously concerned about your well being and health when the rules don't change. There is no fair adjustment of dates man. There is only 2 - 3 weeks that matter during archery, and they are not taking that away from crossbow. I mean, if they want to take away Sept to Mid Oct, have at it and I would vote for that all day. However, come late october early november Ronnie is going to see me out in those der woods for many years to come with a crossbow and a smile. =)

No but seriously ron ron. Like I care about your mental health, and when this doesn't change I don't want you to stop hunting. The woods is for everyone man, and never forget that. I might have a crossbow you can use this year if you want to. Just let me know big guy!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sharp_things
I do not understand the overly emotional stuff though.

Any perceived visceral reaction likely centers on Ronald G. Kulas being an admitted and convicted poacher, who, nevertheless, continues lobbying hunting regulation.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There is only 2 - 3 weeks that matter during archery, and they are not taking that away from crossbow. I mean, if they want to take away Sept to Mid Oct, have at it and I would vote for that all day.

As we begun our deliberation as to the final crossbow season structure that was and remains an option a few suggested. Basically there were two schools of thought. Start the xbow season the same day as real bowhunting and then end it on or about Oct 25 and since the WI gun deer season is an any weapons season, cross bowing would reopen on the day of the gun deer season.

The other school of though we are deliberating is opening the crossbow season on or about Oct 25th. You seem eager for that option. (noted)

I might have a crossbow you can use this year if you want to. Just let me know big guy!

Thanks but I am a bowhunter. If I become feeble or really old or handicapped, I may take you up on the offer. Until then, I will be a bowhunter. Im sure what you do is fun too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Kingston
Any perceived visceral reaction likely centers on Ronald G. Kulas being an admitted and convicted poacher, who, nevertheless, continues lobbying hunting regulation.

Actually that is not a factual statement. Nothing was ever poached and no conviction was made. I did however receive a civil citation (a simple fine for feeding deer) Like getting a speeding ticket is a simple civil citation. but hey, its your story, fly your freak flag any way you see fit. If you want to manufacture a reality all your own, who am I to say otherwise? Play pretend all you want. It sounds like fun. wink

B
B
OHH BABY!! I got added to some sticky notes Ronnie has at home!!!! Yayyy!!!!

In the end, ill be out all season. Crossbow or Compound. I have a taste for how easy it is during the rut from a tree with any weapon. I'm not shooting 40+ yards ever. My shots are all 20-30yards at most. I have every equipment needed to take your deer Ron Ron.

I like how you just told some dude he is 'manufacturing his own reality' when that is exactly what your doing. The worst part about your mental health today is that you believe it. You sure you don't want to use one of my crossbows next season? You sure you don't already use one and WHEN THE LAW stays the same you won't be out purchasing one?

That's what we need the NRB to vote on. To make a law that says Ron Ron (sharp_things) is not legally permitted to buy a crossbow ever. Hahahaha.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Per: http://host.madison.com/sports/recr...9217f20-56bb-11e2-b15a-001a4bcf887a.html

Kulas was cited about 10 a.m. on opening day of Wisconsin’s nine-day firearms deer season by Department of Natural Resources Warden Barry Meister. The citation notes Kulas was hunting from a tree stand about 40 yards from where corn was spread, and Kulas admitted dumping “about half of a 5-gallon pail of shell corn” the previous Monday, Nov. 12.

“The subject stated he placed the corn at this location because his elderly father was planning on hunting from this stand, but (his father) changed his mind and hunted elsewhere,” Meister wrote. The citation also notes Kulas shot a spike buck before Meister arrived.

The illegal hunting of game is poaching. You were caught hunting over bait that you admit to supplying.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 9 of 58 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.