Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 58 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 57 58
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bigwoods
There it is.....the "I'm a smart guy" comment I predicted earlier!!! Lmao. Patterned like a 1 1/2 year old spike off a corn pile!

LMAO

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hardcore know it all................would have expected an ILF limbed recurve of decent poundage.
You know, a real bow, non girly type.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/11/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
His compound looks "cute" with that neat barbed wire wrapped around it. Some people are so flamboyant....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Fabulous.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bigwoods
His compound looks "cute" with that neat barbed wire wrapped around it. Some people are so flamboyant....

....and pompous.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
X bows may appeal to those that want a shorter learning curve, longer range and early or extended seasons.
And they may see those as pluses for a variety of reasons.

Sure and that sort will be out nothing when this improvement takes place in WI. They will have a very long crossbow season

Personally, I dislike X bows. But I'd rather drink beer with the average X bow user than with Sharp Things.

Sharp things does not drink beer. (or any other alcohol) On the rare occasion, I may be coaxed into a bit of Kahlua on ice after a nice water buffalo steak.

I don't get folks acting like they're bad asses when using releases, wheels, sights and range finders.
Those that use those items, and really are bad ass with them.........tend to be rather humble folks.
They let their shooting do the talking.

Agreed. I enjoy the harvest most when I take game with my homemade longbow with homemade arrows and homemade broadheads and homemade finger tab. Like my most recent bear harvest. But any animal taken with a human powered bow is fun and a bowhunting accomplishment.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgeX6JQGkAw&t=3s[/video]

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/11/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
would have expected an ILF limbed recurve of decent poundage.
You know, a real bow, non girly type.

I just recently sold my DAS takedown recurve. It didn't fit me like a glove. I still like a one piece longbow. I'm guessing that you must only hunt with a trad bow given your apparent appreciation for them. There is nothing quite like it but then I hunt with every type of archery equipment allowed in WI.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by sharp_things

Sure and that sort will be out nothing when this improvement takes place in WI. They will have a very long crossbow season

Yep they will. It will be the same length as the bow season. Right through the rut.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tzone

Yep they will. It will be the same length as the bow season. Right through the rut.

Sure. Ok. Go with that........................... for 2018 at least. Make sure to get in on that while you can. wink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You need a t-shirt that says WINNING with the big red slash symbol through it Ron. Lol

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Originally Posted by tzone

Sure. Ok. Go with that........................... for 2018 at least. Make sure to get in on that while you can. wink

I will you can bet on it. I'll be doing it on 2019 and from there on out as well.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You may if the agreed upon adjustment is the trimming of the front end of the season as I mentioned yesterday. Again, there are two schools of thought on how the WI crossbow season will look based on the harvest data.

B
B
Does anyone know where Ronnie (sharp_things) lives? I would like to setup some more hidden trail cams for his illegal poaching over bait. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Mmmmm.. I love the vote yesterday. All the compound community showed out and we won 54 counties to 18. Hahaha. Just think now if more crossbow hunters knew this was happening and how much that number will continue to grow in our favor as years pass. It's the only time the number will be clos-ish in totals. Even though we trounced the counties.

I was watching the NBR meetings today. =( Sounds like nothing is coming from Mr. Poaches board official. I read up on this loser board member. He is a member of WBH, and has been trying to stop this for years to be legal. He failed at that, and he will continue to fail at shortening the season. It's kind of funny but also sad for Mr convited Poacher (sharp things) whose only job is to troll multiple forums across the internet all day. =(

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ronnie (sharp_things) I seen you posting on Archery Talk Crossbow I need a good target for My Gearhead take down crossbow and Kodabow Scout

The Famous RockStar of Archery-Talk, Crossbow Nation and Crossbow Predators laugh

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockstarjoec
Ronnie (sharp_things) I seen you posting on Archery Talk Crossbow I need a good target for My Gearhead take down crossbow and Kodabow Scout

Strong first post.

Welcome. Can you link any and every post Ive made on the Archerytalk crossbow forum. I would like to see them since I don't post there so please share. wink

As to a good target, we began (At the request of crossbowers) to produce a crossbow discharge target so the crossbowers could unload their shoulder fired weapon. The testing proved promising. We have access to an amazing arrow stopping material. Here are the prototype tests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCgTOJgIJmY&index=44&list=UUrDKSMxGGaa59V0uZPABJ6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boZ8wbUpneY&index=43&list=UUrDKSMxGGaa59V0uZPABJ6Q

Ultimately we ended up manufacturing larger format bag targets since the user base of crossbowers is smaller than that of bowhunters.

Here is how we make them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiROAVDauNE&list=UUrDKSMxGGaa59V0uZPABJ6Q&index=42

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Not one to wave the "bowhunter" macho chit.

Like recurves just fine...........love me a nice rifle or handgun too.

Never have harvested a deer, just killed a few..

Seen plenty of people shooting compounds and trad that flat out suck..........so IMHO equipment choice doesn't make one noble.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not one to wave the "bowhunter" macho chit.

Like recurves just fine...........love me a nice rifle or handgun too.

Never have harvested a deer, killed a few though.

So you hunt with a compound???? I harvest deer and bear and pigs and Bulls and Water buffalo and Turkey. I harvest them so I can get at the meat to make tasty treats from an renewable resource. I don't just kill them, I harvest the meat and hides and bones.

Page 12 of 58 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.