Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 58 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 57 58
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by rockstarjoec
Originally Posted by bigwoods
And that is different from Ron's bs posts over and over how? That's great you 3 are in bed together but open your eyes a bit.

I cannot speak for Kellory but I agree with not constantly recycling posts- I AM not in bed with anyone but my Wife

I don't understand how personal attacks are normal here

I hunt with what weapon legal in season set by ADEC in Alaska ,we all have weapons of choice--dead game is dead game

The FIRE is a test by fire. It resembles the fictional wild west at times. If you wish to take a dip in the pool of knowledge, expect sharks.

Agree

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I too, am used to sites where knowledge is shared, and mutual respect is the norm. The FIRE has a good knowledge base, and some good folks here, but a disproportional number of hotheads. Proceed with caution, and remember your Nomax underwear.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Like I said I state the facts some people cannot take the truth they need be in control of content of all the threads disagree with them, they than call you every name in book trying get you say something they can use against you- ,if that don't work than they call for reinforcements-

AT/CT has the Dirty Dox that rules site , CBN a little better but don't talk Kodabows to much it scares the Excalibur fan boys -

Sounds like another website might be a better fit for you. Maybe even another sub forum within this site. Hard to expect different results when you mysteriously come directly to this topic out of the blue with guns blazing as a new member. Just some food for thought. Again....do not take being food literally.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I too, am used to sites where knowledge is shared, and mutual respect is the norm. The FIRE has a good knowledge base, and some good folks here, but a disproportional number of hotheads. Proceed with caution, and remember your Nomax underwear.

What is your view on members banned for personal attacks coming back with a new user name and getting into topics like this? Just curious...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Thanks for heads up

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sharp_things
The crossbow has been around since 400BC. (Belly-bow) as with any weapon or tool, it has constantly improved. However, it is still, by it's physics, by it's history, and by it very design, a bow, not a rifle. In fact, long guns took THIER design from crossbows, not the other way around.
A crossbow is not, and never has been, a imatation gun, but a gun could be called an imatation crossbow. The principles or motion are nothing alike, the triggers are completely different, and even the ammo acts differently. It should not have to compete with a modern firearm.

The crossbow (the ravin crossbow for example) is also a far cry different from a human powered bow that must be drawn back by only human effort at the time of the attempt on game and must be held back by only human power ( thus limiting the range and lethality of the bowhunter by his own strength).

Because of that, WI did not include the crossbow in the archery deer season. We created a totally separate crossbow license and season and registration because of the differences from the weapons used by bowhunters in an archery deer season. Its the perfect system and allows the state to manage the resource based on weapons type.. I fully support the crossbowers doing what they do in their season. Now that the trial is over we can get on with setting the crossbow season duration. For some odd reason this is upsetting the crossbower (who never had a season in WI until we worked to grant them one)

So y ou would also ban the Welsh long bow or English long bow? Some had draw weights no average man could draw. It took a lot of practice to build up the arm strength required for that.

Edit to add:

"Longbow ArchersTHE WARBOWS. There is now a small number of longbow men that is not only able to pull longbows of up to 180 lbs draw weight, but also accurately loose half inch diameter arrows that are of military arrow specification.
Longow Archers - The Warbows"

Last edited by kellory; 04/12/18.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Like I said I state the facts some people cannot take the truth they need be in control of content of all the threads disagree with them, they than call you every name in book trying get you say something they can use against you- ,if that don't work than they call for reinforcements-

AT/CT has the Dirty Dox that rules site , CBN a little better but don't talk Kodabows to much it scares the Excalibur fan boys -

Sounds like another website might be a better fit for you. Maybe even another sub forum within this site. Hard to expect different results when you mysteriously come directly to this topic out of the blue with guns blazing as a new member. Just some food for thought. Again....do not take being food literally.

I just made 4 friends I am very here happy like a seal on ice flow with no polar bears around

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I just made 4 friends I am very here happy like a seal on ice flow with no polar bears around

That's wonderful you feel at home. Enjoy....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Thanks for heads up

If you want to clean up this place and have a much more enjoyable experience, use the ignore feature. It serves two purposes

1. It serves to totally pizz off the turd you ignored. They will flip off the deep end and ramp up their attempts to get your attention. They will be like "Hey, I'm over here, look at me, helloooooooo. Pay attention to me". Its funny as heck.

2. You don't have to see stupid crap from dolts that cant string two sentences together that never had an original idea.

My kid did that with a dope from St. Johns Mich over on AT, this dope was making some really sick advances on my son, so he ignored the loser. Boy did that make the DB mad. He started stalking all over the web. Funniest thing you ever did see.

Dance puppet, dance. hahahahahahahahahaha

Just use the ignore feature on the dbags. the place gets far better. laugh

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/12/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
Most folks would get the hint that they're really not wanted nor appreciated in present company.
It took safariman (the last resident narcissist) years to finally come to the conclusion - our hope is you're a wee smarter than that but I'd not bet the farm on it. After all, you thought a new handle here would somehow take the @sshole out of the old one?

If you just want "Yes men" , hire an entourage. Here, everyone speaks thier mind, weather you agree with it or not. Without debate, you can not hone your own points.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So y ou would also ban the Welsh long bow or English long bow? Some had draw weights no average man could draw. It took a lot of practice to build up the arm strength required for that.

Edit to add:

"Longbow ArchersTHE WARBOWS. There is now a small number of longbow men that is not only able to pull longbows of up to 180 lbs draw weight, but also accurately loose half inch diameter arrows that are of military arrow specification.
Longow Archers - The Warbows"

No, all human powered bows drawn with only human strength at the time of the attempt on game are good to go in WI within the archery deer season. I'm a longbow fan. Pull back the bow as powerful as you like. That guy is using a bow and arrow and would be a bowhunter.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Thanks for heads up

If you want to clean up this place and have a much more enjoyable experience, use the ignore feature. It serves two purposes

1. It serves to totally pizz off the turd you ignored. They will flip off the deep end and ramp up their attempts to get your attention. They will be like "Hey, I'm over here, look at me, helloooooooo. Pay attention to me". Its funny as heck.

2. You don't have to see stupid crap from dolts that cant string two sentences together that never had an original idea.

My kid did that with a dope from St. Johns Mich over on AT, this dope was making some really sick advances on my son, so he ignored the loser. Boy did that make the DB mad. He started stalking all over the web. Funniest thing you ever did see.

Nice melt....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks for heads up

I never use ignore. I prefer to see what my opponent does. Ignore is like being blindfolded in a game of dodgeball, and the entire other team is aiming for you. No matter how smarmy you get, I will still see what you write.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Thanks for heads up

I never use ignore. I prefer to see what my opponent does. Ignore is like being blindfolded in a game of dodgeball, and the entire other team is aiming for you. No matter how smarmy you get, I will still see what you write.

Agreed. It's actually comical when there are no facts backing the banter. It's when facts are presented is when they turn a blind eye.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
What does this mean??

[Linked Image]

Popular gun owner phrase, slightly modified in recent wink

Basic version been around for a while LOL. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

Ya gotta pay attention, might require taking a break from blowing your own friggin' horn.

Not knowing what that means..............laughable.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I never use ignore. I prefer to see what my opponent does. being blindfolded in a game of dodgeball, and the entire other team is aiming for you. No matter how smarmy you get, I will still see what you write.

If those losers ever produced anything of value, I would agree with you but some folks are a waste of air. I got tired of dropping them on their heads. I don't mind stupidity, I just don't have time for those that take pride in theirs so its off to the corner for them to pout.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The only thing Not so Sharp has proven..........

Roe vs Wade should never be overturned.

IMHO you're only half way to taking Joy Behar's seat.
Keep practicing.

Preferably someplace else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The crossbow (the ravin crossbow for example) is also a far cry different from a human powered bow that must be drawn back by only human effort at the time of the attempt on game and must be held back by only human power ( thus limiting the range and lethality of the bowhunter by his own strength). "
Then my shooting style would not fit your rules either. I shoot a bow at "War-Speed" meaning I draw and loose in one motion. I do not hold back waiting for that perfect shot. I don't even move until I have it already. The English proved against the French (At the time) that the long bow of that era outshot crossbows by quite a distance. The longbowman was the most dangerous opponent to face, as he could rain death from above that was not matchable by any other hand weapon. The English stood outside French crossbow range and slaughtered them.
Draw wieght of a war bow exceeds the crossbow draw wieght, so that part of your argument is flawed. Range argument is also flawed by existing longbow and longbowman. And even though I practiced with a bow at 70 yards, I never take a shot with bow or crossbow beyond 50 yards. Can I shoot further? Of course, but I don't find it ethical to increase the odds of an inhumane kill.
The Archers Paradox is The same for horizontal bows, and vertical bows. No bullet will ever fly that path. The crossbow is a bow.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Thanks for heads up

And IF I WAS on ignore instead of him peeking, he wouldn't know I called him a puppet and him retaliate with it. He's been the same for years. Look at my join date and post count. I've been here a couple days and don't run my mouth like the few bad apples. But I will speak up when someone like Ron comes back to stir trouble after being banned for harrassing my friends.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never use ignore. I prefer to see what my opponent does. being blindfolded in a game of dodgeball, and the entire other team is aiming for you. No matter how smarmy you get, I will still see what you write.

If those losers ever produced anything of value, I would agree with you but some folks are a waste of air. I got tired of dropping them on their heads. I don't mind stupidity, I just don't have time for those that take pride in theirs so its off to the corner for them to pout.

Your people skills still suck. It's a big reason people don't like you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 26 of 58 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,875
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.