Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 58 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 57 58
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kellory
Then my shooting style would not fit your rules either. I shoot a bow at "War-Speed" meaning I draw and loose in one motion. I do not hold back waiting for that perfect shot. I don't even move until I have it already.

Nothing wrong with that and it would be an archery weapon in WI and you would be a bowhunter. There is no issue with "style" of draw. That is not regulated for human powered bows.

The crossbow is a bow.

Of sorts. It does not fit the legal definition in WI but the crossbow is a sort of bow for sure in my mind. Its just a cocked and stored energy, and stocked sort of bow.

If you read WI statute and hunting regulation you will find this:

"Bow: Any bow, drawn and held by and through the effort of the person releasing it, but it does not include crossbow."

That is why we worked to create a separate season for those guys. And now WI is going about the task of setting the season length and some are losing their minds.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Your people skills still suck. It's a big reason people don't like you.

Never once do I give thought to being liked. Always be who you are and not be what others want so they will like you. I cant imagine being so dependent and insecure that I would crave or care about "likes". Always speak your mind. If some don't like that, I could not care less, that ultimately is their problem.

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/12/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Then my shooting style would not fit your rules either. I shoot a bow at "War-Speed" meaning I draw and loose in one motion. I do not hold back waiting for that perfect shot. I don't even move until I have it already.

Nothing wrong with that and it would be an archery weapon in WI and you would be a bowhunter. There is no issue with "style" of draw. That is not regulated for human powered bows.

The crossbow is a bow.

Of sorts. It does not fit the legal definition in WI but the crossbow is a sort of bow for sure in my mind. Its just a cocked and stored energy, and stocked sort of bow.

If you read WI statute and hunting regulation you will find this:

"Bow: Any bow, drawn and held by and through the effort of the person releasing it, but it does not include crossbow."

That is why we worked to create a separate season for those guys. And now WI is going about the task of setting the season length and some are losing their minds.

That is why you have written the regulation to exclude crossbow, not that it is not one. The regulation makes as much sense as a forward pistal grip makes a rifle into an assault weapon. There are plenty of regulations and definitions that could be argued are wrong or misinformed. It does not change the nature of physics of the weapon, only what you call it.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What its called is the statute that defines its use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No. Does a forward pistol grip define an assault weapon? Neither does a mechanical release.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about this? Is it a legal bow or not?

http://mandarinmansion.com/images/repeater/repeating-crossbow2.jpg

It is hand operated, muscle powered and releases as It moves. There is no latch and hold mechanism. It was used against US troops, so it is fully lethal. Legal or not for low season?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

No. Does a forward pistol grip define an assault weapon?

I don't know what an "assault weapon" is. I only have "defense" weapons. My weapons don't "assault" anybody.

Neither does a mechanical release.

I'm not understanding how a mech release plays into this. This setting of the crossbow season is not based on optional accessories that some may or may not use as bowhunters. Its about setting the season duration for the crossbower.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't know what an "assault weapon" is. I only have "defense" weapons. My weapons don't "assault" anybody.

I'm not understanding how a mech release plays into this. This setting of the crossbow season is not based on optional accessories that some may or may not use as bowhunters. Its about setting the season duration for the crossbower.

The trigger is nothing more than a mechanical release. Just a diffrent design.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

It is hand operated, muscle powered and releases as It moves. There is no latch and hold mechanism. It was used against US troops, so it is fully lethal. Legal or not for low season?

You would need to run that one past the DNR in WI as bolt length is an issue and I cant tell the dimensions from the pic.. I would be ok with anybody using that for hunting deer but I doubt the broadhead tipped bolts would drop and feed well from the magazine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You are being intentionally vague and obtuse. You did not answer the question.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No, my answer was honest.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You would need to run that one past the DNR in WI as bolt length is an issue and I cant tell the dimensions from the pic.. I would be ok with anybody using that for hunting deer but I doubt the broadhead tipped bolts would drop and feed well from the magazine.

You would be wrong. And as to bolt length, this can be built to any man portable size.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think our DNR might allow that so long as the broadhead tipped bolts were long enough and they feed from the magizine

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by tdyne2013
All you have to do is call/email your board members now. Loser by Kazmierski found skewed results to fit his argument while trashing the DNR's findings. Nothing is changing, nothing is being set. What happened is the corrupt Kazy is trying to board to re-consider this change again. They lost the 1st vote already easily and now they are trying to fight more thinking for some odd reason they would smash it. Now he is saying 'oh, gun hunters just didn't get the question'. These two idiots don't realize most gun hunters are also crossbow hunters.

Just like last time, money/dollars win for the state. Not one illogical man who is tied to WBH and has his minions online post information online in advance of his the hearings with screenshots of his powerpoints. Which, I also took the board about how Mr. Kazmierski and his associates are handling themselves by posting data in advance to the meetings to harass other hunters. It's good that sharp things(Ron Kulas) has such a tainted past of breaking the law. It's also easy as well since Mr. Kazmierski has ties to this fight which greatly benefit him. He is part of WBH folks which openly bashes crossbows which the president even wrong on his site.

In the end, this will go no-where and just like last time Mr. Kazy and Roofus Ron Sharp things will lose like always.

Just go here https://dnr.wi.gov/about/nrb/ and contact the board members about how Mr Kazy has no place to recommend any changes for this topic. I think the board see's through his crap already, but push the point home even more that heard management numbers, DNR, and analysis, and hunters should dictate the decision. Not sad little compound guys who want the fall to themselves.

Also, hammer home that Mr. Kazmierski earns sales from crossbows and compound bows. He tried to spew this impacts him negatively to if dates change which is false. What happens truely is that all these guys who can't hut the rut or dates they want will just get a high tech compound bow just as easy to shoot and purchase those instead. You don't get trade in for crossbows, so Mr. Kazmierski earns even more than and he knows that. Take both those points to the board along with him being firmly in WBH corner who openly bash the usage.

Tryna, I am a strong advocate for crossbow hunting, and have battled Rancid Crabtree here witrh facts and history , many times on another site. But, your constant recycling your post, again and again like a protester at a mob scene, is getting annoying. I would tune you out as any other noise makers and dismiss any real facts you might have at the same time.
Knock it off. Try to keep it civil and factual, otherwise you work against yourself and against the use of crossbows.

--- Oh that's what he was doing....I thought the website was broken.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Welcome new member Tweed. Lots of new folks all of a sudden. I'm the welcoming ambassador. Tread lightly. Tow the line or you will not be "liked". And being liked is important.

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/12/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think our DNR might allow that so long as the broadhead tipped bolts were long enough and they feed from the magizine

Mechanical broadheads work quite nicely. Yet it is a historical crossbow, yet no hold mechinism.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome new member Tweed. Lots of new folks all of a sudden. I'm the welcoming ambassador. Tread lightly. Tow the line or you will not be "liked". And being liked is important.

Tweed, this is known as "sarcasm" wink stay and be welcome.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mechanical broadheads work quite nicely. Yet it is a historical crossbow, yet no hold mechinism.

Its the hold position or the ability to be locked in a drawn position that make sit a crossbow here. If it is held back with only human effort its not a crossbow here. Yes its an "historical" crossbow but not a modern or current crossbow and we both know nobody is suggesting its use for hunting game in WI.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T

Thank you Sharp!

Long time reader, first time writer...yada yada yada

Last edited by Tweed; 04/12/18.
Page 27 of 58 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.