Hop To
Page 28 of 58 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 57 58
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Welcome new member Tweed. Lots of new folks all of a sudden. I'm the welcoming ambassador. Tread lightly. Tow the line or you will not be "liked". And being liked is important.

Tweed, this is known as "sarcasm" wink stay and be welcome.

Thanks Kellory
A good healthy dose of sarcasm is healthy for the ego.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mechanical broadheads work quite nicely. Yet it is a historical crossbow, yet no hold mechinism.

Its the hold position or the ability to be locked in a drawn position that make sit a crossbow here. If it is held back with only human effort its not a crossbow here. Yes its an "historical" crossbow but not a modern or current crossbow and we both know nobody is suggesting its use for hunting game in WI.

There are new ones built every day. It fires as the lever drops in the back. As it does so, the hooks disengage the string. It will fire as quickly as the lever can be moved. It hunted men, and game. This would pass your rules, making it a legal crossbow, except in what it is called. As I said, the pistal grip does not define an assault weapon, nor does a hold open device define a crossbow.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tweed. you will need to declare if you are pro crossbow (like I am. I fully support the WI crossbow season and have been shooting and experimenting with them for about 12 years) or if you are anti crossbow like some here. Then folks will know whether or not to attack you and photoshop pics of you.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mechanical broadheads work quite nicely. Yet it is a historical crossbow, yet no hold mechinism.

Its the hold position or the ability to be locked in a drawn position that make sit a crossbow here. If it is held back with only human effort its not a crossbow here. Yes its an "historical" crossbow but not a modern or current crossbow and we both know nobody is suggesting its use for hunting game in WI.

There are new ones built every day. It fires as the lever drops in the back. As it does so, the hooks disengage the string. It will fire as quickly as the lever can be moved. It hunted men, and game. This would pass your rules, making it a legal crossbow, except in what it is called. As I said, the pistal grip does not define an assault weapon, nor does a hold open device define a crossbow.

Its the lock (hold) that defines it as a crossbow or not a crossbow here. That is very cut and dried. If its only drawn by human power and is never locked in the drawn position its not a crossbow in WI. Being horizontal is not a defining factor. There are vertical crossbows that are not allowed in the WI archery deer season because they are crossbows..

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/12/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So what would make everyone happy in WI

Early season Trad bow season longbows and recurves and late winter season

Than followed by Compound bows and Crossbows

10 day firearms season in prime rut

Last edited by rockstarjoec; 04/12/18.

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hmmm...we should market these for WI bow season. We could call them "assault bows with high capacity magazines.! That would please everyone... wink

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockstarjoec

None of that is on the table. The only thing on the table is the final setting of the length of the crossbow season. Nothing and no changes are even being suggested for real bows and arrows and the archery deer season.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We could even market them as "WI compliant horizontal bows" with shoulder thingy that goes up.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

None of that is on the table. The only thing on the table is the final setting of the length of the crossbow season. Nothing and no changes are even being suggested for real bows and arrows and the archery deer season.

Ok

Let the experts do their jobs proper game management should always come first/

Peoples feeling last

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by bigwoods
http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=240206&messages=205&state=WI

Got ya covered Tweed.

"Soccer Crossbows are like homosexuality. We dont care that you made the mistake of making that lifestyle choice, we just dont want to hear about it." - Diyguy

Lol! Yup you got me....I regularly comment on bowsite.....? crazy

Last edited by Tweed; 04/12/18.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Deer season, open/closed. Use whatever the fugg you want when open, test metal protectants when closed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Tweed. you will need to declare if you are pro crossbow (like I am. I fully support the WI crossbow season and have been shooting and experimenting with them for about 12 years) or if you are anti crossbow like some here. Then folks will know whether or not to attack you and photoshop pics of you.

I like good factual debates and in reading other posts on this site there's plenty of smart guys with differing opinions. The xbow debate is what got me to finally create a profile. I use the same handle here as I do on all other sites.

With that being said it depends on your definition of being "anti" or "pro".

I'm not for full inclusion or having a season that is as long as a vertical bow season. Xbows are great, efficient weapons and should have a corresponding season.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I too, am used to sites where knowledge is shared, and mutual respect is the norm. The FIRE has a good knowledge base, and some good folks here, but a disproportional number of hotheads. Proceed with caution, and remember your Nomax underwear.

What is your view on members banned for personal attacks coming back with a new user name and getting into topics like this? Just curious...

Missed this post, sorry.
I believe BANNED is banned. I have been banned once, on another site, for embarrassing a head MOD. I have NEVER returned.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We could even market them as "WI compliant horizontal bows" with shoulder thingy that goes up.

We? If you have a desire for that being legal in WI, Move here and advocate for it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Tweed
http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=240206&messages=205&state=WI

Got ya covered Tweed.

"Soccer Crossbows are like homosexuality. We dont care that you made the mistake of making that lifestyle choice, we just dont want to hear about it." - Diyguy

Lol! Yup you got me....I regularly comment on bowsite.....? crazy

Showing the regulars here that you are just another puppet of Ron's that is a transplant to come stir trouble.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We? If you have a desire for that being legal in WI, Move here and advocate for it.

No need to advocate for it. You already set the rules. I can market product from here smile. Just like "California compliant AR-15'S with special grips, someone will simply go around the rules. That is why I say, "the grip does not define an assault weapon, nor a trigger, a crossbow."

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Tweed
I'm not for full inclusion or having a season that is as long as a vertical bow season. Xbows are great, efficient weapons and should have a corresponding season.

That is pretty reasonable of you. That is what we have now in WI. Two separate seasons. Everybody wins. Its the perfect setup. Now we are setting about finalizing the duration of the crossbow season. That has some seeing red for some strange reason. Its entertaining.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T

Showing the regulars here that you are just another puppet of Ron's that is a transplant to come stir trouble.

Guess you run this show.....you and I don't know each other from Adam. You seem pretty good at causing trouble all by yourself, you don't need my help.

This is a great site and I'm glad I finally created a profile. Bowsite gets boring during the offseason.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No need to advocate for it. You already set the rules. I can market product from here smile..

I look forward to your ads. What magazines will you be buying space in?

Page 28 of 58 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.