Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 58 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 57 58
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i read this on AT/CT

President . . .

I hope each of you had a great hunting season this past fall. From the pictures submitted to our website gallery, it’s clear that many of you did. Be sure to check out some of the bucks and other game taken, and please consider sharing a picture of your own archery trophy. And don’t worry if it’s not a big buck, bear or even small game. Every animal taken in fair chase with a bow is truly a trophy. I was blessed to take a small buck in November that for several reasons was one of my most satisfying accomplishments as a bowhunter.

While on the website also check out our latest project: putting the WBH Honor Roll on-line. It’s available on the WBH website through a members-only portal on the home page, and will allow members to access the historic WBH Honor Roll. As I mentioned in my last President’s Message, it’s fascinating and humbling to review the bowhunting accomplishments of our members, old and new. Accessing the Members-Only section will require a password, which for this year is: xxxxxxxxx. We will be adding more features to the Members-Only section in the future.

It seems I bring up crossbows in almost every issue - but we may have finally reached a turning point. Some bowhunters complain that WBH “lost that battle” and is just resigned to the current status quo. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Although it was inevitable that crossbows would become legal for hunting deer in Wisconsin, we were able to secure a subtle but very important distinction: Wisconsin was the first state that was able to keep them legally separated from archery equipment, with separate licensing, separate regulations and potentially separate season structures. As has been noted on these pages before, the crossbow season and the archery season, although concurrent at the moment, are defined separately and the crossbow season can now be adjusted by rule to provide a more balanced and equitable opportunity for all weapon types.

The pressure to further restrict the crossbow season during the peak of the rut has been building, due not only to the general public’s recognition that modern crossbows are a much different and superior weapon to archery gear, but also due to the growing frustration among gun hunters that all those flocking to crossbows to increase their odds of shooting a buck in the rut are having a very negative impact on the gun season. Folks are now beginning to understand that the “minor and inconsequential” change of adding a 4-month crossbow season has affected much of the important culture and traditions of deer hunting in Wisconsin, almost overnight.

Something has to happen, because the latest crossbows rival many shotguns with slugs both in accuracy and range, and are getting better every year. Some are calling them “rut guns”. Some ask “why bother to gun-hunt when you can hunt all fall with a weapon similar in performance to guns?” Others are concerned that allowing that type of weapon when bucks are most vulnerable will eventually diminish Wisconsin's reputation as a national leader in record-book bucks. Still others are concerned about the net loss of deer hunters that are leaving instead of having to change or compete with crossbows. Amazingly, in terms of buck harvest success, Wisconsin’s archery and firearms seasons have become secondary to a weapon that has no history or tradition here.

Fortunately, this can all be corrected with a DNR rule change to adjust the crossbow season to be commensurate with the effectiveness of the weapon. And although it may appear to some that WBH hasn’t been doing much, rest assured that we have been working tirelessly behind the scenes on many levels to bring out the facts so the appropriate changes can be made.

The DNR has finally acknowledged the issue but is reluctant to act without “public support.” To that end, they have agreed to place a question on the upcoming Spring Hearings Questionnaire to measure that support, and a positive response would finally prompt the changes we have been working towards for the last several years. But make no mistake, as obvious as it seems to us, there is a multi-million dollar industry and tens of thousands of Wisconsin crossbow users that don’t want to see this fixed. And they will be out in force to defeat it.

So after years of effort to get us to this point it will come down to a vote. We will get one shot at this and the stakes couldn’t be higher.

We can win this, but only if YOU and every other member of WBH go to the Spring Hearings at 7p.m. on April 9, 2018 in your county and support this question. Put it on your calendar now. If every WBH member shows up and votes in support – we will win this and finally restore parody among Wisconsin deer hunters. However, if many of you stay home and hope someone else will take care of this for you, we will likely lose our one chance to get this corrected. Even if you can’t stay for the hearing, you can still place your vote on this question.

I know every one of you supports WBH and our mission to promote, preserve and protect bowhunting; that’s why you support us each year with your membership. And we sincerely thank you for that. But now we need you. We have spent literally thousands of hours since even before crossbows were legalized, to get to this point. But now it’s in your hands. Please attend your county Spring Hearings; please bring other like-minded bowhunters and gun hunters; you can even bring your spouses and family members over age 18. Every vote counts.

As soon as we have all the details of the hearing question we will get them out to you, but in the meantime please make arrangements now to attend and vote at those hearings. THANK YOU.

And finally, although it’s clear that many of us are very passionate about this issue, understand that we are not opposed to crossbows or the folks that hunt with them. WBH actually has many members that hunt with crossbows for a variety of reasons. And we are not opposed to the handicapped and elderly retaining the right to use them as they do now. This is about preserving and protecting bowhunting and restoring a balanced opportunity to all Wisconsin deer hunters.

Our 2018 convention will be back at the Holiday Inn and Convention Center in Stevens Point. It’s a great facility, easily accessible from almost anywhere in the state. We have an expo hall full of vendors and exhibitors, a great banquet, a great speaker, and great seminars lined up for you. You don’t want to miss it. I hope to see you there!

Thanks again for your membership and support.

Mike Brust

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Just as the magazine was going to press, we were informed that the DNR has now decided NOT to put this question on the Spring Questionnaire. We don’t have all the details but it’s still likely that some form of the question will be asked, probably as a congress question, and the future of deer hunting as we’ve known it will likely be dependent on your support at the 2018 Spring Hearings.

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A little brainstorming here....The Raven is self cocking, and the repeating crossbow has the magazine. If I were combine the two designs, it would still meet WI requirements and would fire in semiauto mode every time the button was pushed. (Until the magazine or air canister was empty.)

Hmmm... "WI compliant semiauto horizontal assault bow with high capacity magazine." Brilliant! smile

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Brilliant!

You could be rich.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
P
P
Hey Ron(sharp things) do u want to talk about your drug and driving while suspended history on the Wisconsin court system? Forget the poaching.... dude... u love your THC and endangering lives bigtime eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by SKane
Most folks would get the hint that they're really not wanted nor appreciated in present company.
It took safariman (the last resident narcissist) years to finally come to the conclusion - our hope is you're a wee smarter than that but I'd not bet the farm on it. After all, you thought a new handle here would somehow take the @sshole out of the old one?

If you just want "Yes men" , hire an entourage. Here, everyone speaks thier mind, weather you agree with it or not. Without debate, you can not hone your own points.

I have no issue with debate, in fact, it's highly encouraged in a gentlemanly fashion.

You've been around here long enough that when someone doesn't pass the sniff test, it gets to be a pretty hard row to hoe.

Ron Kulas is a self-serving, egomaniac and a walking/talking contradiction of his beliefs vs. his conduct. Twice now, under two different handles, he's left this place rather odoriferous.
So, please, on behalf of members here who refuse to suffer fools, our sincerest apologies if our decorum doesn't meet your requirements of campfire etiquette.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

P
P
Makes sense why you have no job dude... with that background with poaching..... Nooo fricken way you get hired. Yet your spouting your beliefs to us all ? Insane brah.

P
P
Https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html and use Ron Kulas (sharp things).... omg dude. Worthless human.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
Most folks would get the hint that they're really not wanted nor appreciated in present company.
It took safariman (the last resident narcissist) years to finally come to the conclusion - our hope is you're a wee smarter than that but I'd not bet the farm on it. After all, you thought a new handle here would somehow take the @sshole out of the old one?

If you just want "Yes men" , hire an entourage. Here, everyone speaks thier mind, weather you agree with it or not. Without debate, you can not hone your own points.

I have no issue with debate, in fact, it's highly encouraged in a gentlemanly fashion.

You've been around here long enough that when someone doesn't pass the sniff test, it gets to be a pretty hard row to hoe.

Ron Kulas is a self-serving, egomaniac and a walking/talking contradiction of his beliefs vs. his conduct. Twice now, under two different handles, he's left this place rather odoriferous.
So, please, on behalf of members here who refuse to suffer fools, our sincerest apologies if our decorum doesn't meet your requirements of campfire etiquette.

You are well spoken when you chose to be. Yet another of these "gentlemen" acused me of being a sock puppet.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RonKulasDaPoacherTHCman
Hey Ron(sharp things) do u want to talk about your drug and driving while suspended history on the Wisconsin court system? Forget the poaching.... dude... u love your THC and endangering lives bigtime eh?

Yes, I would love to talk about his troubles and constant run ins with the law. Now who exactly is it we are talking about?

Be very clear. It will matter. wink

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html and use Ron Kulas (sharp things).... omg dude. Worthless human.

Are you certain you know who that is? Check twice to be sure. wink

FYI, do you like apples?

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/12/18.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

You should be banned for life on any site and forum

You have no right call anyone a worthless human

madI looked up records no record found

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Case search results
You searched for: Last name: Ron, First name: Kulas
Return to search 

No records found

Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries

Last edited by rockstarjoec; 04/12/18.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
here is that link again so you can check Https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html

You will want to fill all all three boxes for first and (and most importantly ) middle name. Just an FYI.

Again, do you like apples? wink

P
P
A drug addict?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, he is. Did ya check all the boxes? First last and middle name?

Do you like apples?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would you believe I share a name with a baseball player, a politician, and a farm advocate? None of them is me. (This is below the belt even for the fire)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That guys middle name starts with an "L".

Mine with a "G"

His birth date is different as well.

But hey, you expended a lot of effort searching and creating a handle here and posting so Im going to go ahead and call that an epic fail on your part. laugh laugh laugh

laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElkjUEE65mk

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A drug addict?

I reported you to Mods I am not snake in grass guy,,

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

One can only surmise the logical evolution of behavior for Ron this coming season is to shoot a rat deer over a corn pile with a crossbow.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
P
Lol ok druggy Ron ron

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Man I'll bet he was rubbing his hands together and grinning thinking, "YES! Im going to create a handle on that site and make a post and expose him. "Im going to be a hero!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XTpCwicwE

how do you like them apples?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Page 29 of 58 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.