Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I'm obviously just a newbie here with only a few postings since last fall. However, in my short tenure I've seen some things that I feel detract from this site. One of them is the frequent use of thread titles that I would label as click bait postings. These are used by a fair number of folks as a methodology to force you to at least click on the posting to see what it's about. I think some folks doing this are just innocently trying to give something a clever title, where as others use this purposely as their default method of presentation. It bugs the [bleep] out of me and I consider it a waste of my time to have to click on these to see what you have to say. To me, this is no different than Pelosi telling me I got to "vote for it before I can read it". Think about it folks............

If you have something interesting to say I would love to read it. It might even pulse my INTJ tendencies enough to reply to it. Please give your thread some kind of title so that I know what it's about or I'm not even reading it. There are enough clearly titled threads here and elsewhere on the net that I'm just scrolling on down past you.

Yeah sure, I'm just a newbie and I should just GTFO if I don't like things. However, I'm simply just trying to improve this great site, nothing more. I'm sure there are a lot of other members who feel the same way.

Last edited by Mike_The_Spike; 04/13/18.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe let us know which ones you mean.

There's liberal trolls here with nothing better to do...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
A preview pane of the original post would be nice, many other forums utilize that option...not sure what that entails for the IT Mod.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Really not going to start pointing out certain members, I think the titles speak for themselves. If you "can't tell what something is basically about" from the title, they fall in this camp. It's also not just the liberal trolls, they are easy enough to spot. It's also folks who would appear to be "long term respected regular members". Save your wit and charm for the body of your post and give me an informative title, please! wink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This feels like click bait.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recognize the problem you are talking about, but I guess it doesn't bother me as much as it does you. If the title doesn't give me a good clue about the thread I just scroll past and don't worry about it.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Youper
I recognize the problem you are talking about, but I guess it doesn't bother me as much as it does you. If the title doesn't give me a good clue about the thread I just scroll past and don't worry about it.

Oh trust me, I don't worry about it at all. I just felt it was my duty as a new member to throw it out there into the fire. Folks who post like this will either change and get "your and my attentions", or they won't. No big deal to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought the title said jail bait so I clicked on it.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Peddler
I thought the title said jail bait so I clicked on it.

cry

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Whiney little bitches bother me more.

Last edited by FatCity67; 04/13/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Spike
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Really not going to start pointing out certain members, I think the titles speak for themselves. If you "can't tell what something is basically about" from the title, they fall in this camp. It's also not just the liberal trolls, they are easy enough to spot. It's also folks who would appear to be "long term respected regular members". Save your wit and charm for the body of your post and give me an informative title, please! wink

There's some you'll learn to just bypass. Or not.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A like opinion. I come here for more personal thoughts or help on specific issues, not for links. And for sure not for links that require becoming a member of some group that wants and will use my e-mail address.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Whitney who?

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Crack is whack and so is too much coffee.

Last edited by FatCity67; 04/13/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Whiney little bitches bother me more.

+1

Sounds to me like someone's menstruating.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
some of the best threads are "click bait titled" for instance...... is the 223 ai enough gun? .https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12730969/5

Last edited by deerstalker; 04/13/18.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm obviously just a newbie here with only a few postings since last fall. However, in my short tenure I've seen some things that I feel detract from this site. One of them is the frequent use of thread titles that I would label as click bait postings. These are used by a fair number of folks as a methodology to force you to at least click on the posting to see what it's about. I think some folks doing this are just innocently trying to give something a clever title, where as others use this purposely as their default method of presentation. It bugs the [bleep] out of me and I consider it a waste of my time to have to click on these to see what you have to say. To me, this is no different than Pelosi telling me I got to "vote for it before I can read it". Think about it folks............

If you have something interesting to say I would love to read it. It might even pulse my INTJ tendencies enough to reply to it. Please give your thread some kind of title so that I know what it's about or I'm not even reading it. There are enough clearly titled threads here and elsewhere on the net that I'm just scrolling on down past you.

Yeah sure, I'm just a newbie and I should just GTFO if I don't like things. However, I'm simply just trying to improve this great site, nothing more. I'm sure there are a lot of other members who feel the same way.

This was a great site before you came along!

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by deflave

Or a cry baby!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Youper

Oh trust me, I don't worry about it at all. I just felt it was my duty as a new member to throw it out there into the fire. Folks who post like this will either change and get "your and my attentions", or they won't. No big deal to me.

Okay, then why are you making a big deal about it?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Ridiculous, there is no chick bait on the Fire.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/13/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,314
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.