Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
For a preview, hit the Active Threads link.

But then he wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by RickBin
For a preview, hit the Active Threads link.

But then he wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

Oh but I still do.

That active threads link is nice, hadn't tried that before. Got onto some other interesting deer hunting stuff right away, but it does not address the core issue I raised. I'm 62 ......... been there, done that, and have a long bucket list still to complete. Not going to waist my time clicking on every single post regardless of title just to see what might be there. If I miss something great by not hitting your "bait" or obscure title, oh well, my loss. Working in a university environment, I've been on the internet since its inception. I frequent lots of sites, the content and policies of this site (or lack there of) make it one of the better ones. That hardly means that there isn't room for improvement in some folks postings.

Last edited by Mike_The_Spike; 04/13/18.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Are you talking about threads titled something like "Yesterday"

And then the narrative is "I killed four guys with a shovel."

Or a link to a story about four dwarves eating a dog the day before today?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Isn’t a title supposed to be interesting or at least meant to get the reader to investigate further?

I don’t understand the conundrum? The titles of threads are so catchy that they’ve got someone all frothed up clicking on threads and reading stuff that they’d rather pass over but can’t because of the catchy titles? 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is there like a link for how to properly title a thread on the interweb?

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I thought it was about chinch bait, don’t have my glasses. We had them SOB’s bad last year in Burnet, I got them all over my 🥜 nuts!!! Had to take bleach baths. Anyone ever had them?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Salty303
Is there like a link for how to properly title a thread on the interweb?

No but a simple dot (.) should be all one needs for a title. Anything more is excessive and salacious.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by deflave

Great example ......... Yesterday

Are we talking about your four dead guys, your "dwarfs" eating dogs (dwarves is a punk rock band, maybe they were the ones eating the dogs, who knows), or this .................... you tell me? Sorry, but I wouldn't waste my time clicking on just "Yesterday".

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Spike
I'm obviously just a newbie here with only a few postings since last fall. However, in my short tenure I've seen some things that I feel detract from this site. One of them is the frequent use of thread titles that I would label as click bait postings. These are used by a fair number of folks as a methodology to force you to at least click on the posting to see what it's about. I think some folks doing this are just innocently trying to give something a clever title, where as others use this purposely as their default method of presentation. It bugs the [bleep] out of me and I consider it a waste of my time to have to click on these to see what you have to say. To me, this is no different than Pelosi telling me I got to "vote for it before I can read it". Think about it folks............

If you have something interesting to say I would love to read it. It might even pulse my INTJ tendencies enough to reply to it. Please give your thread some kind of title so that I know what it's about or I'm not even reading it. There are enough clearly titled threads here and elsewhere on the net that I'm just scrolling on down past you.

Yeah sure, I'm just a newbie and I should just GTFO if I don't like things. However, I'm simply just trying to improve this great site, nothing more. I'm sure there are a lot of other members who feel the same way.

serious question......are you also fireball2......bob

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Ok, another great example. Everybody's best buddy Paddler just put one up titled "Celebrating Again". Regardless what I may or may not know about Paddler from what I've seen so far here, there is no way I'm wasting my time clicking on a title like that regardless who wrote it.

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by BobMt
[quote=Mike_The_Spike] ..................................................... serious question......are you also fireball2......bob

No, never used that name on any site. I'd never been on this site till last fall when I joined as Mike. I found this site while searching for 6.5 CM info for my new Savage.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Are we talking about your four dead guys, your "dwarfs" eating dogs (dwarves is a punk rock band, maybe they were the ones eating the dogs, who knows), or this .................... you tell me? Sorry, but I wouldn't waste my time clicking on just "Yesterday".

All you need to know, is that the Beatles sucked.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
[quote=Mike_The_Spike][quote=deflave]Are you talking about threads titled something like "Yesterday"

All you need to know, is that the Beatles sucked.

You "picked" the song, not me! wink I'd mostly agree with your comment. Paul and Ringo are terrible on base and drums. Never cared for John's stuff. George though, had a lot of talent. I love his stuff with the Traveling Wilburys later in life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Campfire threads are like a box of chocolates - which makes browsing them a little more interesting. You think it's about politics and a picture of a fat chick pops up and you realize none of your expectations really matter anyway. Chill out and let the wave take you for a ride.

[Linked Image]

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn’t some jackass start an etiquette thread a while back?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Mike the spike....

GFY

Welcome to my ignore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Campfire threads are like a box of chocolates - which makes browsing them a little more interesting. You think it's about politics and a picture of a fat chick pops up and you realize none of your expectations really matter anyway. Chill out and let the wave take you for a ride.

[Linked Image]

"GUNT" lovers, feast your eyes...The rest of us will go blind...Happily!

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd mostly agree with your comment. Paul and Ringo are terrible on base and drums. Never cared for John's stuff. George though, had a lot of talent. I love his stuff with the Traveling Wilburys later in life.

Nobody gives a fugk.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
Didn’t some jackass start an etiquette thread a while back?

That thread separated the normal from the abnormal.

Whoever started it should be deemed a saint.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Yeah, I caught that yesterday in a thread. Personally, fat chick photos never did anything for me. I'm 6'3", 270lb, but I always had a weakness for petite brunettes................

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 77 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,629
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.