Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 58 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 57 58
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And you forgot this part after that post from another website you are copying from....

"Are you kidding the wba is against crossbows. Read what is written and said, saying you aren't opposedmdoesnt reflect the actions. The fact is your officers. The poacher, and kaz lied about what the report from the wdnr. These guys made up their own numbers. If you truly didn't care you'd keep you trap shut. Pathetic"

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bigwoods
JoeC, what is the big interest in this for You? Just curious....lol

no laughing matter its a family thing -

My daughter a traveling nurse and she hunts in WI with her future husband who a doctor with 345 Acres Hard woods

Last edited by rockstarjoec; 04/13/18.

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And you forgot this part after that post from another website you are copying from....

"Are you kidding the wba is against crossbows. Read what is written and said, saying you aren't opposedmdoesnt reflect the actions. The fact is your officers. The poacher, and kaz lied about what the report from the wdnr. These guys made up their own numbers. If you truly didn't care you'd keep you trap shut. Pathetic"

And you forgot -Check Again please

The truth will come out with final ruling

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
With 345 private acres, they are afraid the neighbors will kill all THEIR bucks with crossbows during that 2 weeks? Is that what you are saying?

Last edited by bigwoods; 04/13/18.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
With 345 private acres, they are afraid a the neighbors will kill all THEIR bucks with crossbows during that 2 weeks? Is that what you are saying?

That your mouth moving not mine -Just statement no anger directed toward you or others

Again Statement My daughter not afraid nothing she lived in Galena Alaska off road system-a few Lower 48 cry babies not going affect her life and hunting,

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah....same as Ron. Can't have a conversation or debate without you both having anger issues.

I'm not crying about the season and don't hunt Wi. WBH, Kaz and now you keep bringing it up. If it doesn't doesn't matter quit bringing it up. You come here to stir the pot like all the other sites I've saw you on. My user name never changes, wonder why?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yeah....same as Ron. Can't have a conversation or debate without you both having anger issues.

I'm not crying about the season and don't hunt Wi. WBH, Kaz and now you keep bringing it up. If it doesn't doesn't matter quit bringing it up. You come here to stir the pot like all the other sites I've saw you on. My user name never changes, wonder why?

This is my first time posting here a few days ago and my first and only user name here

Reread my post before this ————. I am

just reacting to your statements no anger no agenda directed at u

E
E
JoeC, what is the big interest in this for You? Just curious....lol

He is the village idiot over on Crossbow Talk. He has been banned and he tries to sneak on there with various alters. We get him gone pretty quickly. He’s a first class horse’s azz. Him and Rancid Crabtree are made for each other.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Why should I change my user name on other sites I’m not hiding anything

I have not attacked anyone here or called anyone names but I sure been put through ringer

I’m not crying about season time -I think each weapon type should have It’s own separate season with some days over lapping on rut

Trad bows should get first crack at big game

Well 2 of AT CT gang dirty doz here now so predicable

Where sharp things we need his input lol

“The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children

Last edited by rockstarjoec; 04/14/18.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Archery Talk Crossbow Via CLT Bluesman El -Hombre -Machette
He is the village idiot over on Crossbow Talk. He has been banned and he tries to sneak on there with various alters. We get him gone pretty quickly. He’s a first class horse’s azz. Him and Rancid Crabtree are made for each other. [/quote]

Calling all troops calling all troops let go 24hourcampfire

CLT Bluesman / El_Hombre_Machete

Achery Talk Crossbow

Kulas is on this thread claiming the “Crossbow Season” will be shortened despite the vote. He has a new buddy over there. I’ll give you one guess.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...5#Post12793195

Proud American of Mexican Heritage

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by rockstarjoec
I recall there a recurve and longbow
made in Scotland I cannot recall name—

I’ll check Dwyer longbow.

Proly thinking of Border Archery.........http://www.borderbows.com/index.html

Another euro bowyer.........Alexbow does a neat looking Widow 1 pc copy.
http://www.alexbow.cz/scripts/podrobnosti.php?IDZ=728

I have not shot either brand.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/13/18.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
hookeye]
I recall there a recurve and longbow
made in Scotland I cannot recall name—

I’ll check Dwyer longbow.

Proly thinking of Border Archery.........http://www.borderbows.com/index.html

Another euro bowyer.........Alexbow does a neat looking Widow 1 pc copy.
http://www.alexbow.cz/scripts/podrobnosti.php?IDZ=728

I have not shot either brand.[/quote]

Thanks I will check out Alexbow

The bow that left a lasting impression on me around 1997 when I was designing noiseless pumps and doing vibration and noise design on Atomic Subs-Seven River Naval base Maryland -Was two older guys who were owners of 21st Century Longbows they were some well made longbow's. of there day.

Truth-Justice-American Way

Long Live The USA

The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children[/b]

Last edited by rockstarjoec; 04/14/18.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Back on Topic

How many here shoot Crossbows??????

From
AT/CT and CNN Sites &Crossbow Predators
For those interested in contacting the members of the Natural Resources board members.

Here is a contact info link

http://dnr.wi.gov/about/nrb/members.html

You may want to include the following.

The actual chain of events are, that in the 2016 Conservation Congress spring hearings, there was a total of 7 citizens resolutions submitted, to the effect of changing the crossbow season. In 2017, there was a total of 5 citizens resolutions submitted to the effect of changing the crossbow season. For the 2018 spring hearing, the Conservation Congress did have a three part question drafted for the questionnaire. But Greg Kazmerski on the Natural Resources board felt that it was to confusing. So it was pulled and the current question by Kazmerski replaced it. The Conservation Congress was not rejecting anything from the previous resolutions. You can find the original question on the DNR website. The interesting thing about this whole situation, is that with the 2016 and 2017 citizen resolutions submitted, totaling twelve, eleven were submitted by officers, directors, past directors, etc. of the Wisconsin Bowhunters Asscociation.the 12th was submitted by an executive member of the Congress, and strangely was a exact typed word for word copy as the resolution submitted by the WBH president. They each merely hand wrote their name and address for submitters info. Of the twelve, individually several did pass, but if you total the resolutions vote by year, they both failed This is all public information. doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is all materializing.

The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children[/

Last edited by rockstarjoec; 04/15/18.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Back on Topic

From
For those interested in contacting the members of the Natural Resources board members.

The actual chain of events are, that in the 2016 Conservation Congress spring hearings, there was a total of 7 citizens resolutions submitted, to the effect of changing the crossbow season. In 2017, there was a total of 5 citizens resolutions submitted to the effect of changing the crossbow season. For the 2018 spring hearing, the Conservation Congress did have a three part question drafted for the questionnaire. But Greg Kazmerski on the Natural Resources board felt that it was to confusing. So it was pulled and the current question by Kazmerski replaced it. The Conservation Congress was not rejecting anything from the previous resolutions. You can find the original question on the DNR website. The interesting thing about this whole situation, is that with the 2016 and 2017 citizen resolutions submitted, totaling twelve, eleven were submitted by officers, directors, past directors, etc. of the Wisconsin Bowhunters Asscociation.the 12th was submitted by an executive member of the Congress, and strangely was a exact typed word for word copy as the resolution submitted by the WBH president. They each merely hand wrote their name and address for submitters info. Of the twelve, individually several did pass, but if you total the resolutions vote by year, they both failed This is all public information. doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is all materializing.

The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children[/

Not that I want to beat this dead horse any further, but I imagine Ron Clueless will be around shortly to dispense his version of the truth on this, whatever it may be today. I'm done with this thread.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Chainsaw
Back on Topic

From

Not that I want to beat this dead horse any further, but I imagine Ron Clueless will be around shortly to dispense his version of the truth on this, whatever it may be today. I'm done with this thread.

Everyone here has a right to their opinions

Like I said I think everyone should have some meat on bone eat

Trad bows should get the first two weeks and last week by themself's deer season

Compounds and Crossbows together after Trad season

Than firearms season shared with Blackpower Right in the prime Rut.

Just look how Alaska runs their seasons a good tem-plate follow

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Crossbow Industry To Set Standards

From Crossbow Magazine...

Crossbow Industry To Set Standards

As interest in crossbow hunting continues to rapidly expand across North America at an unprecedented rate, manufacturers continue to push the engineering envelope to produce the fastest, lightest, narrowest, and most powerful crossbows the world has ever known. As additional states and Providences lessen their restrictions on the use of horizontal archery equipment, it’s imperative that safety and ethics become the leading force of the crossbow movement.

Recently the North American Crossbow Federation (NACF) announced the formation of a standards committee to develop an American National Standard (ANS) on criteria for evaluation of crossbow designs under conditions of reasonably foreseeable use and abuse by users. The development of the standard will follow consensus procedures authored by the NACF and accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).When you look at it Compound bows and Crossbows are one in the same.

The ANSI coordinates, facilitates, and promotes the development of voluntary consensus standards that are relied upon by industry, government agencies, and consumers across the United States and around the world. ANSI also accredits organizations, such as the NACF, to develop standards under procedures meeting ANSI Essential Requirements.

According to Merle Shepard of the NACF, the NACF achieved accreditation from ANSI as a standards developer in order to pursue the development of voluntary standards that provide the crossbow designer and manufacturer with recommendations for test procedures to evaluate the safety and performance of crossbows. He further said, this is the first standard NACF will develop under its new procedures. We are all looking forward to working as an industry to improve crossbow function and safety.

The NACF now has in place the required ANSI mandated balance of consensus committee members. Five NACF manufacturer members and ten consensus committee members make up the consensus committee of which yours truly is one of. Consensus is established when, in the judgment of the ANSI Board of Standards Review, substantial agreement has been reached by directly and materially affected interests. Substantial agreement means much more than simple majority, but not necessarily unanimity. Consensus requires that all views and objections be considered and that a concerted effort be made toward their resolution.

An American National Standard will imply a consensus of those substantially concerned with its scope and provisions. The data presented in ANSI/NACF Standard Committee is directed solely to the needs and interest of commercial manufacturers of crossbows. It does not provide techniques or specifications for design or manufacturing nor does it imply that crossbows not meeting this standard are necessarily unsafe.

Approval of an American National Standard requires verification by ANSI that the requirements for due process, consensus, and other criteria for approval have been met by the standards developer. In order to comply with the voluntary standard or a portion thereof, a crossbow must perform in such a manner as to meet the minimum acceptable test result for the subject mechanism.

Several Standard Committee meetings have already been held in 2018 as well as the annual NACF meeting held at the Archery Trade Association Show in Indianapolis earlier this year. Crossbow Magazine will continue to update and report on the industry standard committee’s progress.

The North American Crossbow Federation (NACF) is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to advocate for the safe use of crossbows for recreation and as a legal hunting tool for any licensed hunter during all seasons in which archery equipment is permitted.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Trad bows should get the first two weeks and last week by themself's deer season

Hahaha. What a buncha bullschit!

There should be one bow season and you can shoot a crossbow of a fuggin slingshot if you want.
I’ve never shot a crossbow in my life but I will this year. Illl be hunting WI season with it during the rut.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tzone

Hahaha. What a buncha bullschit!

There should be one bow season and you can shoot a crossbow of a fuggin slingshot if you want.
I’ve never shot a crossbow in my life but I will this year. Illl be hunting WI season with it during the rut.

I think Trad bows- need first crack hell they only-- Poke and Hope shoot -and deer sees them draw 30% and run-- them poor guys and ladies need all the help they can get--

BEST trigger on crossbow is Gearhead ALL MODELS,, Take Down model a blast ,,I have 1000 deposit on one-Skip a friend to tell him Joe C from Alaska sent u

best RECURVE crossbow is Kodabow in 12 year production they never has a limb break-Chuck IS owner tell him Alaska Joe C SENT U-Chuck knows as Susie Q also--before my Sex change 2015-

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I hunt trad and hate hunting the first 3 weeks of reg bow.
Crops up, warm........and not even pre rut.
Why the phook penalize somebody for using a stickbow by making them go early?

As for "poke and shoot"..............yes sir, a bunch of them do that. Not all.
Same can be said for the release punching morons with compounds.

So don't go there.

Slob is a friggin' slob, and many of them shoot X bows.

I draw my recurves same as compound, smooth slow and damn near straight back.........and I don't snap shoot.
I know successful trad shooters that do the same. Know some that snap shoot too.
Big whoop de do.

You're gonna get busted by the deer when you move when you aren't supposed to.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I see no freakin' reason to separate trad from wheels.
Bow season is bow season.
Leave it the hell alone.

Page 33 of 58 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,032
Posts18,500,580
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.