Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Justahunter
I’m glad you guys like your Tikka’s.. you all seem like you have a complex or something to prove with owning one. I didn’t call your mother ugly, just your gun. I’ve pretty well admitted several times they (Tikka) are more accurate out of the box. Ted is pretty well admitting he bought a POS.. why would he go out of his way to make this post if he wasn’t dissapointed? Of course accurate rifles matter. They need to be accurate enough to get the job done. The Ruger American 6.5 Creed I traded for this Kimber shot little bitty groups all day long. The damn thing was ugly, heavy at 11 pounds scoped, and felt cheap. It shot awesome but I couldn’t like it. I don’t need a gun to shoot 1/4” groups at 100 yards to kill big game animals at 400 yards and in.

I thought Barnes bullet shooters were easy to offend but you Tikka owners win that trophy big time...

Todd

I really don't think you have offended anyone. Please don't confuse my smart azz replies to your silly azz comments as being offended. I hope you have a great day.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
If I were contemplating a Kimber these last few post would have ended that. Those Kimber groups, to most people, would be unsatisfactory . Accuracy with my T3 is on the line with those shown from the T3's. That's from my $350.00 second hand rifle.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Wow! some very nice groups JG and Elk hunter, and that is also some excellent shooting as not everyone is capable of such tiny groups even if the particular rifle is .....My T3x Superlites in .300 Win will shoot factory Barnes Vortex 165gr loads into 1/2" to 3/4" groups @100 yds (if I do My part that is 😁😁) ......Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That Kimber will have bad mojo even when it's "fixed". New "fixed" rifle? Or is that just a "tweak"? It'll get in your head and always be the rifle when you miss.....bad juju.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Roundball1
If I were contemplating a Kimber these last few post would have ended that. Those Kimber groups, to most people, would be unsatisfactory . Accuracy with my T3 is on the line with those shown from the T3's. That's from my $350.00 second hand rifle.

Sub MOA from 3 different loads with a rifle that weighs almost a pound less than those fugly Tikkas is hardly “unsatisfactory” to “most people”. It’s too bad all Kimbers won’t do it. A Kimber that doesn’t function like Ted’s problem here is rare. I’m still trying to figure out where anybody took anything I said as Kimbers being better than Tikka. In my opinion, Kimbers look way better... that’s it.. when Kimber gets it right, they put out a fine rifle that weighs very little. Quite a bit lighter than Tikka even... Once again, you Tikka owners are easy to hackle up. It’s funny how this thread turned into “you shoulda bought a Tikka...”

Todd

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny schit..

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Any Mossberg lovers around?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sending my 84M AAA French 308 back because it threw a flyer out of the group with my handload. smile

Last edited by sqweeler; 04/17/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's not a bad group for 50 yards. grin

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Extractor needs tuned. My dads Hunter went back twice to get it right and it’s still not perfect. Poor QC from Kimber for sure.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I could really care less what my T3X looks like when it shoots like this. . Sight in at 100 yards, break out the magnetospeed, plug it in, let the LRHS eat.........when the wind doesn't blow it's really cheating. It will hold .5MOA or better out to 500 (as far as I can shoot at local range) with numerous loads and bullets.

[Linked Image]

Factory ammo on the right, my first reloading effort with 129g LRAB's and IMR4451. the 130AB's shot almost exactly the same with 43g H4350, but 1" higher.

[Linked Image]

I'm glad to see somebody finally hit a target.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Add another 50.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nateknight
Extractor needs tuned. My dads Hunter went back twice to get it right and it’s still not perfect. Poor QC from Kimber for sure.

What was/is the problems he is having?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I have a 500 that is awsome

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I have a 500 that is awsome

I’ve got a newer 30-30 lever action.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My Kimber Hunter in 6.5 ......Feeds and Extracts smooth as butter and shoots Little bitty Groups.....It is my Favorite centerfire Rifle.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A CRF rifle extractor like a 1911 extractor has to be "tuned", so if you plan on owning CRF rifles or 1911 pistols you might want to learn how to replace and fit extractors since they can be a maintenance item. The Hunter rifle has more than 55 discrete parts and these are not custom built rifles so mistakes will happen. Clearly the extractor in question isn't tensioned properly (not sure why) and if you keep jamming a round in the chamber and slamming the bolt closed without feeding from the magazine you will at some point need to learn how to fit and tune an extractor. I don't know the history of the Hunter in question but this issue could happen to any CRF rifle and without more information it's ridiculous to imply that this one rifle says anything about Kimber rifles in general. Push feed rifles have a simpler extraction system in terms of the lack of fitting and adjustment required so perhaps the OP should sell the Hunter and get a PF. A Tikka perhaps.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MCMXI
A CRF rifle extractor like a 1911 extractor has to be "tuned", so if you plan on owning CRF rifles or 1911 pistols you might want to learn how to replace and fit extractors since they can be a maintenance item. The Hunter rifle has more than 55 discrete parts and these are not custom built rifles so mistakes will happen. Clearly the extractor in question isn't tensioned properly (not sure why) and if you keep jamming a round in the chamber and slamming the bolt closed without feeding from the magazine you will at some point need to learn how to fit and tune an extractor. I don't know the history of the Hunter in question but this issue could happen to any CRF rifle and without more information it's ridiculous to imply that this one rifle says anything about Kimber rifles in general. Push feed rifles have a simpler extraction system in terms of the lack of fitting and adjustment required so perhaps the OP should sell the Hunter and get a PF. A Tikka perhaps.

That's some damned fine customer service.

Maybe if Kimber spent more money on QC and less on pixellated hero camo stock patterns, they wouldn't have these issues.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
🤔

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Does anyone have a link to a good tutorial on tuning CRF extractors? Since this thread popped up I've been curious what the best method is: where to bend, where not to bend, how to know when you've bent enough/too much? Plenty of 1911 extractor tuning articles out there but I haven't really seen a good CRF extractor tuning article.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AdventureBound, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,450
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.