Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 58 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 57 58
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Our (now 3) versions of our broadhead sharpening guide really took off. Ive sold them in all 50 states and now 15 foreign countries. Requests for a knife sharpener followed but I also contract for a variety of other bowhunting product makers where I design and prototype their products like drop away rests, sights, quivers, peep sights, etc. My oldest Son is my worker bee helping me will products and filling orders. The (just released today) Iron Will broadhead sharpening guide is selling great in its launch day.

But the single biggest bread earner is the brush rest I make for vintage Fred Bear target bows made in the 60 and 70's. That one project alone funded the Hawaii vacation and hunt. Folks are silly for the stupid little buggers.

Nice see made in America Products

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockstarjoec

I do many shows each year. Ive stuck to WI since its such a bowhunting rich state and online orders mean I don't really need to travel much to sell products.

All American made with materials sourced in the USA. I could buy cheaper materials from the Chi-coms and poker the profit but I like to support American families.

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/17/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I do many shows each year. Ive stuck to WI since its such a bowhunting rich state and online orders mean I don't really need to travel much to sell products.

All American made with materials sourced in the USA. I could buy cheaper materials from the Chi-coms and poker the profit but I like to support American families.

Nice

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We both better get back on topic

E
E
We need go together next archery Trade show
I’ll sell Alaskan Sea Otter backpacks you can sell Sharpeners

Ron, you need to take Joe up on that offer. He has a cult following him everywhere. Really. And stop being rude and answer his PM

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We both better get back on topic

You are correct. We need to get back to talking about my 2012 deer feeding citation. We sort of got away from that. I'll begin.

It was a dark and stormy night............................ wink

Or was the subject my role as Campfire welcome wagon ambassador?

I forget which topic we were on.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
E
E
Certainly a person can buy the crossbow license and the archery deer license and kill a deer with a crossbow but register it fraudulently as an archery kill. Some have suggested the crossbowers are doing that to manipulate the numbers to make it look like they are not having such a high success rate as they are but still they have a higher success rate than even the gun deer hunters.

Ain’t no way crossbow hunters have a higher success rate than gun hunters. But keep spitting that out.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thats what the harvest data the DNR suppled us shows. Crossbowers have a pretty awesome weapon and during the trial had a season length as long as bowhunters. Per licenses sold, the crossbow buck success rate was higher than both bow and gun deer hunters. This was not a surprise to many. Simple open records requests of the harvest data from the DNR showed the success rate for each weapon. Are you calling the data the DNR supplied, false? You too can get them to send you the data.

But stay on track, this topic is about my deer feeding citation. I don't know if you are aware but back in 2012, I got a citation. That crossbow season setting stuff is so yesterday.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In my travels on this subject in the last year there has been plenty of times Ive heard of crossbowers registering their crossbow kills as archery kills instead of crossbow kills to try to sway the numbers. Despite that level of dishonesty, the data shows that crossbowers have a higher buck kill success rate than even gun deer hunters.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes Crossbow hunters are very determand lot look R20 Ravin 2K top line Ten Points $ 1800-2100 Savage combo Rifle less
$ 500 scope

Sub1 Mission groups less one inch at 100 Yards and Ravin advertises meet your next Rifle

Sure when that big buck walks out the Crossbowers don’t miss /Rifle hunters miss 43.4 % more than xbow hunters per Parker Crossbowers web site under fear of detached eye retinas from large rifles over 243

Rifles some kick hard and people miss because that fear of getting hurt and noise and mussel blast -Per Ravin Facebook page under fear the rifle kick -going deaf with modern rifles -

Last edited by rockstarjoec; 04/18/18.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes Crossbow hunters are very determand lot look R20 Ravin 2K top line Ten Points $ 1800-2100 Savage combo Rifle less
$ 500 scope

Sub1 Mission groups less one inch at 100 Yards and Ravin advertises meet your next Rifle

Sure when that big buck walks out the Crossbowers don’t miss /Rifle hunters miss 43.4 % more than xbow hunters per Parker Crossbowers web site under fear of detached eye retinas from large rifles over 243

Rifles some kick hard and people miss because that fear of getting hurt and noise and mussel blast -Per Ravin Facebook page under fear the rifle kick -going deaf with modern rifles -

English is not your mother tounge, is it? And you are using ADVERTISING COPY to prove your point? that's ridiculous. There is no material more likely to be slanted in favor of a product, than an AD for that product. (Complete fail, try again)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Some people punch triggers, no matter what they're shooting, bows, X bows or firearms.

And price comparisons............if a Ravin is a top of the line X bow for 2K............wouldn't you compare it to a top of the line rifle, or at least a rifle/scope setup costing 2K?

This thread, and a couple of posters...........get more clueless every day.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/17/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sub 1"@ 100 yards with a crossbow?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Average American made crossbow cost more than Remington ,Winchester ,Savage rifle check it out .

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And I still havent heard how the DNR tripped over a non existent corn pile on private land. Lol

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kellory
$ 500 scope

English is not your mother tounge, is it? And you are using ADVERTISING COPY to prove your point? that's ridiculous. There is no material more likely to be slanted in favor of a product, than an AD for that product. (Complete fail, try again)

Originally Posted by kellory
Yes Crossbow hunters are very determand lot look R20 Ravin 2K top line Ten Points $ 1800-2100 Savage combo
Rifle less
$ 500 scope

Mother died two years about she loved her hunting on her English she was born in Amber Alaska Native Eskimo so her English was a second languish when people bring up your monther on Forum in any way or in a belittling way I find that crude and rude/Some people do anything make them self’s look superior very sad/The way our respect for others is going down hill fast bring back the good out days

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bigwoods

Check out Mission Sub1 crossbow they avertise Sub1 inch groups at 100yards

Ravin avertise meet your next rifle

They both hurt them self’s image and shot them self’s in foot/even die hard Crossbow people are upset with this type advertising

You boys get up early just start fights

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And I still havent heard how the DNR tripped over a non existent corn pile on private land. Lol

My beat one you boys followed sharp things around than dropped the dime on him to wardens sad when hunters hurt hunters

I’m sure a lot you boys bait deer but you just did not get caught yet

Sharp paid the fine there is always two sides of story

Sharp has a strong well power standing up what he believes for a good thing today in our weak world

Attacking someone personally like a lot are doing here and other forums makes hunters look foolish in eyes of anti hunters

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Joe, I think you need to get some sleep.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Flying home got my 8 hours sleep long way home from Barter Island early warning Radio site to Sitka AK one bush flight dead horse than Bartow than Fairbanks than anchorage over night hotel than Sitka 11am

I feel better you truthly are worrying about me or are you lmao

You all can feel better we watch and protect you lower 48 ers we Alaskan boys and Gals are watching the sky’s for Chinese and North Korean missile and planes my Co worker Ana a real good looker too one of Alaska’s last early warning sites

Most early warning now by drones and a powerful radio site in AU by Austrians and few USA contractors that AU site amazing more secrete then Area 51

Page 43 of 58 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.