Print Thread
Hop To
Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PineTine
Yea, no one cares about success rate buddy. HAHAHA..
Like I said everyone.. when you go to your high ups and all your crossbow friends who are also gun hunters print this screen without the stupid gun kill ration and take the numbers.

Why should 40,000 bucks be harvested HALF BY EACH Group during their mating season!!?!?!?

I would pass that to the board. That's A LOT OF deer the poor gun hunters could of had!!!!

HAHAHAHA.. THIS IS GREAT.. I love this stuff man. I think one of my phone calls to the board will be with Ron Hulas as my name, and his gun hunter ID which is easily available online from his past ticket.

Man I love it. I love people like Ron and how easy they make it.

You are very welcome. You should visit WI at some point. You would like it here. Oh and if you can find my citation docket info, can you post it here? Its no longer on the states site due to it being in 2012. I can find my speeding tickets but not the deer feeding citation.

Id like to view it again so post that link and my DNR customer number please. (This is a real request)

And again, don't be such a stranger in these parts. If you cant make it to WI, you can catch up with whats happening by visiting us here.

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/19/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I thought pine tine was a bit more entertaining under the fist name he created here when he tried to "expose" me as a drug user when he ended up with egg on his face and tucked tail. This new identity he created seems so angry and frustrated and helpless. Im starting to feel bad for him and not just because of all the effort he puts into me.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockstarjoec
HAHAHAHAHAH I was watching North Woods Law last night with the DNR from Maine ticketing a guy over corn and shooting deer(like sharp things). Then word for word after they left the property, "It's good we were out there to stop ''''''POACHING'''''' like this over a bait pile.

Didn't Ron Ron Hulas say it wasn't poaching? (with the corn eaten, and the dead poor spiker who had no chance in life to grow dead close by).

Oh man.. great stuff from that degenerate of a human being.

There old law still on books in WI

No Farting on Buses and Cabs and federal building when court is in progress

25 dollar fine or 24 hours in jail

That doesn't excuse anything. Just because a law is old doesn't matter. Weather or not a law is valid matters. "THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER" is one of the oldest laws. You going to tell me it's no longer valid? Horse crap.

There are only 3 choices on how to treat a law you don't agree with:
A) obey it.
B) defy it, and expect to pay the price for that defiance.
C)work to have the law changed or voided out.

There is no "This law must be expired by now" category.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kellory
HAHAHAHAHAH I was watching North Woods Law last night with the DNR from Maine ticketing a guy over corn and shooting deer(like sharp things). Then word for word after they left the property, "It's good we were out there to stop ''''''POACHING'''''' like this over a bait pile.

Didn't Ron Ron Hulas say it wasn't poaching? (with the corn eaten, and the dead poor spiker who had no chance in life to grow dead close by).

Oh man.. great stuff from that degenerate of a human being.

There old law still on books in WI

No Farting on Buses and Cabs and federal building when court is in progress

25 dollar fine or 24 hours in jail

That doesn't excuse anything. Just because a law is old doesn't matter. Weather or not a law is valid matters. "THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER" is one of the oldest laws. You going to tell me it's no longer valid? Horse crap.

There are only 3 choices on how to treat a law you don't agree with:
A) obey it.
B) defy it, and expect to pay the price for that defiance.
C)work to have the law changed or voided out.

There is no "This law must be expired by now" category.

Correct

KL4QG call sign= Ham Radio Rocks
http://www.arrl.org/advanced-call-sign-search
GearHead Crossbows Think Different
Kodabow Scout Worlds Most Dependable X-Bow
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Success % shown doesn't mean squat.

Over 6 times as many gun licenses.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hookeye

Well than Money talks Gun license fees and Bullsheet walks less money State greats- Achery and Crossbowers come second in States mind

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

grin laugh Math is not your strong suit, is it?

What the NRB is focusing on is the number of licenses sold and the number of bucks killed (success rate) I will make it simple for you.

Last year, it took 5.6 gun deer hunters to kill a buck (pretty stable over the years of the data)

It took 7.1 bowhunters to kill a buck.

But it takes only 3.4 crossbowers to kill a buck because of the weapons efficiency and the duration of the trial seasons. and a look at the graph shows a rapidly increasing success rate for the crossbower and trends also matter in game management since one needs to be proactive rather than trying to play catch up.

The success rate is key and the focus of the investigation of the data as it relates to the final season setting for the new crossbow season. Since the NRB really cant throttle back the advances in crossbows (and they are getting more lethal every year), the tool in their tool box is adjusting the duration as they go about setting the season length. This is all pretty simple and logical so its baffles as to why the crossbower is getting all animated as we work to set the crossbow season structure.

The gun deer season is 9 days for a reason. The archery deer season is over 100 days for a reason. Both season duration's are based on the success rate (impacts on the resource) The setting of the duration of the crossbow season will put it somewhere between the duration of gun deer hunting and the bowhunting and will still allow for plenty of opportunity for crossbowing.

Last edited by sharp_things; 04/20/18.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sharp_things

What the NRB is focusing on is the number of licenses sold and the number of bucks killed (success rate) I will make it simple for you.

Last year, it took 5.6 gun deer hunters to kill a buck (pretty stable over the years of the data)

But it takes only 3.4 crossbowers to kill a buck because of the weapons efficiency and the duration of the trial seasons. and a look at the graph shows a rapidly increasing success rate for the crossbower and trends also matter in game management since one needs to be proactive rather than trying to play catch up.

The success rate is key and the focus of the investigation of the data as it relates to the final season setting for the new crossbow season. Since the NRB really cant throttle back the advances in crossbows (and they are getting more lethal every year), the tool in their tool box is adjusting the duration as they go about setting the season length. This is all pretty simple and logical so its baffles as to why the crossbower is getting all animated as we work to set the crossbow season structure.

Well this make perfect sense yes Crossbow is not achery Hunting I see that now

Rifle is not Archery -Gun season
Longbow ,recurves ,compounds —-Achery Hunting

Now I see best word for Crossbow -Hybrid Weapon of lazy hunter ,=I must be a little lazy

Agree now we need contact all 48 States do same study as WI

It’s getting to easy kill a deer with X-Gunbow

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well this make perfect sense yes Crossbow is not achery Hunting I see that now

Correct. its crossbow hunting and not to be confused with bowhunting. Thats why WI has an archery deer season and a crossbowing season.

Longbow ,recurves ,compounds —-Achery Hunting

Correct again. That is exactly how its written in state statute.

Now I see best word for Crossbow -Hybrid Weapon of lazy hunter ,=I must be a little lazy

Sure, if thats what you want to call it. Go for it. you have the freedom to do so.

Agree now we need contact all 48 States do same study as WI

No, each state is free to manage as they see fit.

It’s getting to easy kill a deer with X-Gunbow

Yes, the data supports that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

The gun deer season is 9 days for a reason. The archery deer season is over 100 days for a reason. Both season duration's are based on the success rate (impacts on the resource) The setting of the duration of the crossbow season will put it somewhere between the duration of gun deer hunting and the bowhunting and will still allow for plenty of opportunity for crossbowing.

So now a crossbow will actually out perform a gun.......interesting. You're a hoot Short Thing.

Last edited by bigwoods; 04/20/18.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If anyone has really followed this whole cluster, those numbers and charts are made up by this Kaz guy and aren't accurate. Short Bus and his one friend he has are manufacturing info for their cause. Fun to watch him type all these books though. Must not have much else of a purpose in life. Lol

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes Crossbow are more deadly than rifles

Rifle chases deer away at shoot

I read some crossbow guys shot 2 or 3 deer under stand in one day

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Based on the effectiveness of the crossbows and the length of the data gathering, trial period, the data gathered by the DNR showed that the the crossbower had the highest success rate of any weapon. Thats the reason for this final season setting.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Based on the effectiveness of the crossbows and the length of the data gathering, trial period, the data gathered by the DNR showed that the the crossbower had the highest success rate of any weapon. Thats the reason for this final season setting.

This is where your data is flawed based on what I've read of the meeting. The data was something Kaz manufactured. Poacher and liar.....why would we expect any different of you.

Amazing how much time you spend on a 95% gun hunting forum to post pages of bs. Lol Seems you'd take on the crossbow forums to sway the actual users instead of the 1 or 2 Wisconsin residents that will actually vote. crazy

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I understand how a basic slice of numbers really doesn't tell you what is going on.

How many gun hunters are weekend warriors?
When is their season?
When is the rut?
How does the weather differ?
How selective are the hunters in their take?
Is their regional bias?
Etc. Etc.

You wanna talk math? Experiments with PHD and Six Sigma types......for a living.
I know that stuff aint always what it looks like..........unless you're some dumphook with an MBA.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/20/18.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No longer work for one major company.
Diff one, also big, but in different capacity.

But being new, I asked some questions right off.
Was told not too nicely I didn't know chit and to shut up and learn.

Problem pops up (happened off and on before I started), lead eng does a 4 hr DOE on one machine and claims success.
Management lemmings all chirp with glee and lick his ass.
Problem comes back months later.
And on other products (new).

Turns out they find that one of the first questions I asked..............was indeed the cause.
Dumbasses................I'll tell you like I told them. Ron............

Go F yourself.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/20/18.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How many gun hunters are weekend warriors?

It will be the same for all weapons types. The data is based on weapons type licenses sold and the kill while using that weapon.

When is their season?

Each has a season unto their own. In the case of the bowhunter and the crossbower, during the trial period, the crossbow season ran the same time as real bowhunting was taking place yet the crossbower had a far greater success rate. This season concurrency was specifically so as to gauge the efectivness of the weapon. That data was collected by the DNR and is the basis f the season setting for crossbowers.

When is the rut?

See the reply above since bowhunting and crossbowing took place for the same time period during the trial seasons yet the crossbower's success rate was far higher than real bowhunters.

How does the weather differ?

See the reply above since bowhunting and crossbowing took place for the same time period during the trial seasons yet the crossbower's success rate was far higher than real bowhunters.

How selective are the hunters in their take?

Is their regional bias?

As to the gun deer hunter. They have the most advanced weapon of them all with several hundred yards of killing range and yet the crossbower had a higher success rate then even gun hunters. This was due to the duration of the crossbow trial season. Now the data collected by the DNR is being used to set the final duration of the crossbow season.

LOL at the GFY comments. This means you have seen the info and cant refute it so a tantrum is the best you can muster. grin laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lmao.....keep him writing hook eye. I've never saw someone write so much thinking they are gonna change the world. Especially after being the toolbox he has. He is t ok bullheaded and egotistical to not reply! I love it.....keep pulling his strings.

Last edited by bigwoods; 04/20/18.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Like a cab driver............drives a friggin' car for a living.
Professional some might say.
Doesn't mean he can rebuild an engine or knows how all the systems work together (even if he could rebuild an engine).
Have seen PHD's that were worthless.
Sheepskin often a fooler.

Worked with some very talented people, for years.
Makes it rather easy to spot a friggin moron, even if a couple of states away.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah................. That tantrum thing again. Keep milking that cow if its all you have. wink

Meanwhile. WI season setting is taking place despite out of state tantrums.

Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.