Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I put Michelin Defenders on my Sierra when the lousy stock GoodYear tires gave out at 35000 or so. I have 60k on them now, they're still good to go and I couldn't be more pleased with them. Worth every penny. Dry pavement, gravel, dirt, mud, rocks, ice, snow. Everything but sand, we don't have a lot of it around.

Last year, I put Falken WildPeak on the Suburban we just traded in as we knew it would be going to a new home sometime soon. I liked those tires a lot, much more than I expected to like them. Deep tread, quiet and nice ride.

But on my '73 Bronco I have BFG A/T KO2 because that is what you put on a Bronco

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Running Cooper Discoverer A/T3's at over 65k right now but ready for new shoes. Gonna go with a Goodyear this time due to the 35% discount I get plus a rebate. The Coopers have been great tires....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I needed a set of tires for a 98 F150...the tires on it were horrible on ice even when new. Just happened that Consumer Reports had just done a review of light truck tires...and gave the Hankook Dynapro ATM a very strong rating on ice traction. The ones I replaced had the black circle of death for ice traction from CS! I bought a set of the Dynapros and have been super satisfied. At 22000 miles there is still a strong half tread, they are reasonably quiet (some road noise, but not much), and have good wet road traction, good snow traction (they are not a M+S tire, but do okay), and are, indeed, very good on ice. I have the 10 ply on the F150, and have since put the 4 ply version on a Chevy pickup and my girlfriends Jeep Commander. She drives 52 miles of interstate to work and back every day, and also thinks they are a good tire...and she HATES an icy road but has had to drive lots of them this Montana winter. They are not the only choice, but they are a very good tire in my experience, and not too bad for price.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I also have a 2014 Ram. I got Cooper RTX ATs at NTB. They’re only sold certain places. Had them since November and no complaints so far, they’ve done very well in snow, mud, wet grass, loose gravel you name it. Just under $800 total for all 4. I like them way better than the Goodyear’s and Landvigators I had on my Chevy. The Mastercrafts on my Ram were also very good, even towards the end when they were very low on tread, but they weren’t ATs.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Look at the corrent price of Mickey Thompson ATZs at 4wd parts for a fairly incredible deal on a very good tire. It’s a MT/AT hybrid.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put Kenda AP's on my ford, as that is what the local guy had in for it. Put Cooper discoverer AT's on the ranch truck yesterday. Because that is what the local guy had in stock for it...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 45_100
I am partial to the Hankook Dynapro ATM. Most of my off-road driving is in sandy washes and ranch roads.

I run Dyno Pro ATM2 on my Pilot, from Hankook.. during the non winter months..
Hankook calls them RF10.....The back tires on the Pilot have got 80K on them now
and still wearing enough for another non winter season on them...

Their RF11 are their "Winter Pike".. they are hydrophilic rubber, and siped etc...
plus you can get them studded....

They do better in the snow than the RF10s/ Dyna Pro ATM2....

I run the Winter Pike on my Pilot, 4 Runner and Camry in the winter..for the snow
but moreso for the Wet Season of plenty of soaked roads we deal with her in Oregon.

and also have worn well, lasting thru 3 winter seasons so far on each vehicle....

and the price on them, thru Discount Tire Direct can't be beat..I get them mounted at Walmart
or mount and balance them myself over at the College Auto Program...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Punctured one of my Cooper AT3's last week......'14 Taco truck

tires have 3400 miles.....was on a graded BLM road out in BFE Utah.....

Lots of sharp rocks......had to plug it to get home....called DTD Monday...

they sent me a new replacement....had road hazard on them.....

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/cooper-discoverer-at3/p/27122

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by iddave
Look at the corrent price of Mickey Thompson ATZs at 4wd parts for a fairly incredible deal on a very good tire. It’s a MT/AT hybrid.

Dave

I’ll check that out. Thanks

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just recently replaced my set of Cooper AT3 tires. Nearly all of the reviews were good and I know people who have run them with good success. For some reason, mine had a strange 'whine' sound to them at anything over about 60 MPH. I figured they would wear in and get quiet but mine did not. I had purchased them through Discount Tire Direct when they had one of their Ebay specials of $100 off Purchases over $400; this allowed me to buy (2) sets of (2) and save $200. When they ran a similar offer a couple of months ago I replaced them with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. So far I like them better. Quieter on the highway and better in the sand. Haven't had them in the mud yet.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 770 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.