Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Are there certain companies/models that consistently shoot to point of aim right to left better than others. I understand that the front sight can be filed down to adjust for elevation. Or are most of the Peacemaker clones inherently accurate right out of the box? If you were purchasing a clone which would be your top choice given the aforementioned criteria above?

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick to the "normal" approx 250gr loads and you won't have a problem. Choose tiny 160gr loads, or giant 300+gr hardcast, and you may have trouble with POI. If it's right or left, that's typically because the barrel is twisted relative to the sight channel on the frame. A smith can tighten or loosen it as need be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My knowledge of Peacemaker clones is limited, but you can often modify ammunition to suit your new gun. Modifying the bullet weight, as Poodleshooter mentioned, is one change that you should consider.

Choose your new gun according to the guidelines you have for quality, price and "fit". Buy several varieties (brands and bullet weights) of commercial ammunition. Take some paper targets and go shooting. Probably you won't have issues, but each gun is a new experience in the behavior of inanimate objects, making predictions of accuracy, or lack thereof, very difficult.

If your POA doesn't match your POI, there are LOTS of things you can change. The targets will be important pieces of data, so burn some powder and tell us your tale!

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
My ss Vaquero shot 9 inches to the left. I sent it back to Ruger and they twisted barrel and sent me the gun back right and a 3 shot test group. Done fine from there. Poa in heights on a single action to me is Kentucky wind age depending on what bullet I settle for. Like response said 250s will be pretty much dead on.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 27 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,646
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.