Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A lot of important events in my life happened after I turned 40.
That...

Originally Posted by Dogslife57
Nope, I'm way past that and still waiting. Haven't you heard 60 is the new 40. That means it now takes you to age 60 to get where our parents were at 40. At least that's my experience.
That too..

I'm 6 months shy of 70, and actually right now is a pretty dang good time in my life... Happier now than ever..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At 40 or when the ink is dry on the divorce, whichever comes first.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
40 is when my body started falling apart from all the fun I had up until 40. In my early 50's now, I'm hoping I'll be able to still walk and have fun by the time I retire from work (5 yrs to go).

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
40 was good. Made good money, all the hotties were getting divorced and looking for new men. No complaints.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Look men, the alternative to gettin' older ain't so good either.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems there's two types of 40(ish) gals. Those that have their schit together and those that wanna act 25.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Retirement - the age when you finally have the time to do things that your body won't do any more.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see life on a continuum, with each day (moment, actually) being a new beginning. (This also fits in well with the theory that what is happening now has always been happening and will always be happening in the future - history (life) is like an endless flip book that is constantly being riffled. The concept of time travel being able to jump back or ahead in the flip.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 16bore
Seems there's two types of 40(ish) gals. Those that have their schit together and those that wanna act 25.

^^^^

Saw exactly this while dating some 40ish women. GF (43) of almost 2 years now, definitely has her schit together.

Last edited by magshooter1; 05/17/18.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by magshooter1

^^^^

Saw exactly this while dating some 40ish women. GF (43) of almost 2 years now, definitely has her schit together.

I'm going to pretend that we know each other well enough that I can point out that if she is still your GF after almost 2 years, she can't possibly have her schit together. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by magshooter1

^^^^

They do a good job of making you realize how much bullschit you put up with in the past too......

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I got a bloowjob on the day I turned 40. We were sking in Angel Fire New Mexico. I recall that being a fine day!

Last edited by hanco; 05/17/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'd say 40 is where you better have it figured out

Agree. 40 is where you need to have learned all of life's important lessons. It is also where you begin to make good money.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

At 40? Still raising two sons, easing them into college. 50? Now we're talking, kids out of school, no more tuition, empty house, just me and my wife, sudden influx of money since no tuition bills, no kids, vacations are ours, more hunting trips. I'd say 50 :-)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jgray....I'm truly sorry to hear about your troubles with your step daughter. No family, no matter how loving or how tough they are is immune from the hold that drugs can have on kids. I don't envy you at all and I pray that you guys can get here free from the stranglehold of addiction. It can tear loving husbands and wives apart and affect everyone that loves or cares for the addict. Lean on each other, listen without judgement or emotion and follow your gut. I'll be keeping your step daughter and entire family in my prayers as you navigate this mine field.

God bless you guys!

οΏ½Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.οΏ½ οΏ½General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obviously it varies for different folks.

For me turning 40 was fantastic for lots of reasons already stated. Physically I was still in great shape and making good money. At 40 I had enough work experience that my opinion on professional matters and other areas was listened to and respected by others (okay, whether it was actually worth anything is debatable, but other folks seemed to think so wink ). To ladies in their 20's on up I was "mature" but not at all old.

If I could magically stay at one age forever it would be either 28 or 40, and I'd probably choose 40.

For a friend of mine, 40 was disastrous, the end of his youth with nothing but a yawning chasm of despair and deterioration lying ahead. He had been a record setting track star in high school and saw himself as invincible and never aging. 40 slapped his Peter Pan fantasy in the face hard. He went into a huge depression and 5-6 years later I don't know that he's out of it yet.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Life sucks then you die!
Everything after 25 years old is $#!t

Molan Labe
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Jgray....I'm truly sorry to hear about your troubles with your step daughter. No family, no matter how loving or how tough they are is immune from the hold that drugs can have on kids. I don't envy you at all and I pray that you guys can get here free from the stranglehold of addiction. It can tear loving husbands and wives apart and affect everyone that loves or cares for the addict. Lean on each other, listen without judgement or emotion and follow your gut. I'll be keeping your step daughter and entire family in my prayers as you navigate this mine field.

God bless you guys!

Thanks much for the encouraging words. Our primary focus going forward is to do what's right for the boys - we're currently discussing a legal joint custody arrangement with their father. We feel we've done all we can for her and she's done nothing but chit all over us and rub our noses in it over and over, one lie after another and it has done some damage to our marriage. She's on her own now to either fix her life or continue destroying it - she says she isn't coming back after rehab and we expect she will walk out of her kids' lives for good this time (she took off and left them for about 6 months last year).

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
At age 40 I pretty much peaked in a rewarding and stimulating career field that was physically demanding and required lots of travel leading a great group of hard chargers. At age 43 I admitted that the pace was not sustainable and it was time to spend more time w/ my family {grow up]. Becoming a Former action guy, [bleep], was the most difficult decision ever. I continued part time as a consultant/trainer and opened an outdoor shop and outfitting business.

Never look back, every day is an adventure.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

God bless you guys!

Thanks much for the encouraging words. Our primary focus going forward is to do what's right for the boys - we're currently discussing a legal joint custody arrangement with their father. We feel we've done all we can for her and she's done nothing but chit all over us and rub our noses in it over and over, one lie after another and it has done some damage to our marriage. She's on her own now to either fix her life or continue destroying it - she says she isn't coming back after rehab and we expect she will walk out of her kids' lives for good this time (she took off and left them for about 6 months last year).

I'd encourage you to get full (joint)custody now before she gets out of rehab, and be sure that she doesn't have any way to get them back. You have to save what's savable, and start over from there. Lots of kids from that environment, given good grandparent and dad support, turn out great in life. They aren't blind to the effects no matter what age, so just be honest with them and make the best of a bad situation.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 204guy, 24 invisible), 1,748 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,206
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.