Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
We have to start asking WHY are school shootings happening?

People have owned guns at even higher rates for the whole history of this country without the steady flow of these mass killings.

WHY are these kids going off for last 10 - 20 years shooting up their schools?

Something has changed and until we get at the root cause these events will keep happening.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Cultural Marxism.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The breakdown of the family, you know, furthering the liberal agenda.

In the end, there is no rational explanation for the irrational, all you can do is be ready for it when it comes.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jeffbird

People have owned guns at even higher rates for the whole history of this country without the steady flow of these mass killings.

Something has changed and until we get at the root cause these events will keep happening.

I used to carry guns to school and I didn't shoot anyone. The school's cross country track was good rabbit habitat, but the only runners I shot were rabbits.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Social media. Used to be, there was peer pressure to behave. Because of the depersonalization of social media, the "bad guy" personna, is agrandized, instead of censured. Same thing happens with gang mentality. The "peers", approve of bad or dangerous behavior. Social media has expanded that possibility to anybody with a cell phone.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Because they are allowed to...

A society protects what it values-

We value our money , so we have security in banks.

We value our airlines, so we hve security at airports.

But we only give lip service to the safety of our kids in public schools. We make "gun free" zones out of them and provide little to no real security there.

It not only leaves kids open to shootings but theft ,assault and gang related activity as well.

But to Liberals ,the "answer" is to disarm our entire society and make the rest of us that helpless.

Last edited by jk16; 05/18/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know, the whole thing eludes me. Would guess the coarsening of society and loss of respect for others. We had our share of fist fights as kids to settle disputes but real injuries were rare and unintended. Violate what was considered to be fair rules and you lost. Weapons were unthinkable and would not be tolerated by the group. After the fight the matter was considered settled and we moved on.

It's not bullying as the media touts, not a new phenomena, we managed to deal with that too.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They can’t get any pussy. They take their frustrations out on other people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We used to be a mostly Christian law and order society where families consisted of a mother and father that raised their children to have a basic moral compass.

Now we are a morally relative society where if it feels good do it, if a thought comes into your head act on it, and we are reaping the results of that change. Movies, music and video games are hyper violent and sexualized. Kids grow up in houses where the parents are too busy or not concerned with what their children are doing.

Why is anyone surprised by this change?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The answer is quite simple. Go back to about the late 1940's when the Supreme Court decided, contrary to the Constitution, there is a separation of church and state. (Why are the Ten Commandments carved into the wall of the Supreme Court?) Bring that forward to the early 1960's when God and the Bible were kicked out of school, the generation of a Godless culture began. It took several years for the following generations to get completely off the civilized rails. In the Bible Seminaries the students are taught the Bible does not mean what It says. Therefore even the religious people have no foundation on which to build their lives.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Sorry but it's not an easy answer, it's not single parent homes, it's not religion out of school, it's not social media, it's not the "everyone's a winner" society.

It's all of it.

Yes bullying has been around forever, but when combined with social media, it's both impossible to escape AND more visible to all in the school to help pile on. Compound that with the lack of being held responsible or allowing to fail because it might hurt your self-esteem and a general lack of discipline due to many factors including "abuse" claims.

Repeat that, escalating for a generation or two, and you get a growing number of individuals who don't see anything wrong with what they are doing, combined with a lack of hope becuase over time bullying wears them down and they've never learned how to deal with a problem, and.....

You get some sub-set of that that goes down a path that end in shootings.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman

The answer is quite simple. Go back to about the late 1940's when the Supreme Court decided, contrary to the Constitution, there is a separation of church and state. (Why are the Ten Commandments carved into the wall of the Supreme Court?) Bring that forward to the early 1960's when God and the Bible were kicked out of school, the generation of a Godless culture began. It took several years for the following generations to get completely off the civilized rails. In the Bible Seminaries the students are taught the Bible does not mean what It says. Therefore even the religious people have no foundation on which to build their lives.

in your discussion, you are giving us three possible outcomes as i read your synopsis. 1. we can go back to christianity and all that it proposes, demands, and expects 2. we can allow some other religion to take it's place (muslim faith for example, or others) 3. we can continue the progression into secular humanism and hope that future generations grow out of the imbecility we see around us now.

beyond all that rhetoric, we've got a generation of young males mostly caucasion (and others) that don't mind projecting violence on other humans for whatever reason. some are just mad as hell and ain't gonna take it any more. others probably are frustrated by whatever motivates them, and with access to violence producing weapons, use them on innocent by-standers.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That Katy superintendent started all this when he shoved his fellow students head in the urinal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Have you been in a high school lately?

Kinda hard to not want to shoot everyone.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Because most kids today aren't raised to have discipline, or respect people anymore. And when every one of their needs is not instantly met or their feeling get hurt, it's literally a capital offense for them.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
maybe it is a fad. it is the in thing to do, and always in the news. "I am sure I can do a better job and get away with it" attitude.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Notereity.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Multiple generations which have not been held accountable for their actions.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m in two most every day. The students are not like the kids in the one I went to. They all look the same. They are all looking at phones or listening to music. They don’t seem to talk to each other much.

I went to a volleyball game in Brenham Texas. That’s a rural town. The kids looked like the high school kids I went to school with. Have any school shootings happened in a rural area?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think that it all goes back to the time folks lost respect for themselves and others.

Nowadays it seems that kids being on meds and in the main stream schools,trying to be made to seem normal,instead of someone in need of special treatment.

It makes those that do it famous in their weird minds.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

319 members (160user, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 30 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.