Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm saying nobody knows the long lasting effects of the drug.

I understand your concern 'flave. My children are 32 and 29 respectively. My oldest has ADHD but has stopped taking the drugs since graduating from HS (18). He is an adult but his life continues to be hampered by impulsiveness and lack of concentration but he refuses to be on medication (his choice). Other wise good kid works hard and just recently got married, but I think he will never realized his full potential. Number 2 son took meds until junior year in HS but was having a difficult time with college classes and last year decided to seek psyche help and was prescribed a third generation "Ritalin". He is now completing certification as a CAD graphic designer. He has progressed slowly through college due to working his way through (no debt). If you have it the meds definitely help. I think that what helped me succeed with out meds (unheard of when I was in school) is my ability to hyper focus when trying to solve a problem but it is to the exclusion of practically all other sensory input. A herd of elephants could come in and destroy the entire room and afterward I could look up and have only a WTF look on my face.

Again, I'm not saying the drugs don't work. I'm saying we don't know what the long term effects on them are. If your kid is on drugs his entire life and has another kid, does that affect his child? If mom takes ritalin her entire life, does that affect her child?

If you start a kid in Kindergarten instead of ninth grade, what's the result?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Who here thinks you should be able to google japanese girls schitting on a transvestites face? (Gus aside)

But all we hear about from the media regarding these issues is "free speech." The internet needs a massive shutting down of content. I don't know how you would go about it but it needs to happen.

When school shootings occur all we hear is " we have to do something"which usually equates to banning firearms.How about restricting social media? No one can register for a social media ( facebook,twitter,etc.) until they graduate from high school!That qualifies as "doing something"!

Last edited by savage2400; 05/20/18.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by savage2400
Who here thinks you should be able to google japanese girls schitting on a transvestites face? (Gus aside)

But all we hear about from the media regarding these issues is "free speech." The internet needs a massive shutting down of content. I don't know how you would go about it but it needs to happen.

When school shootings occur all we hear is " we have to do something"which usually equates to banning firearms.How about restricting social media? No one can register for a social media ( facebook,twitter,etc.) until they graduate from high school!That qualifies as "doing something"!

That would be as arbitrary and without cause as banning AR's.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Its not the location, its the accessibility to things to do, and the versatility of things to do, short white kids don't excel at hoops, but we can fish, some can't run fast, you don't need to, if you spend your day shooting be be guns, we only got bullied at school, when they shipped us to town, we fought back and they found easier prey. we didn't have many friends but we always had a dog, and most of us had a father that beat our asses if we were to stupid for ourselves, or others good.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimy
Its not the location, its the accessibility to things to do, and the versatility of things to do, short white kids don't excel at hoops, but we can fish, some can't run fast, you don't need to, if you spend your day shooting be be guns, we only got bullied at school, when they shipped us to town, we fought back and they found easier prey. we didn't have many friends but we always had a dog, and most of us had a father that beat our asses if we were to stupid for ourselves, or others good.

Sounds like you're on track to solving the problem.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kids today don't get less exercise than other generations. If anything, they get more due to helicopter parents that force them into sports they'd otherwise not engage in.

Ritalin DOES change the behavior of kids with attention problems. My children would have likely benefited from it but I refused to put them on it. To say exercise would have the same result is ridiculous. My kids got plenty of exercise and they are/were still [bleep].

Agreed My oldest played soccer, the exercise made no difference in his ability to concentrate and do well in school.

Originally Posted by Calvin
They are over prescribed

Could be but doubt in the case of ADHD, there is pretty good testing available now to diagnose this disorder. When my oldest was in the first grade we were given a lengthy standardized set of questions to answer and his teacher (who was adamant that he did not have it) was given the same set of questions to answer. The tests were analyzed by the schools social worker. The results were almost identical for both the teacher and us and were positive for ADHD. The teacher was completely surprised by this. We were then referred to our pediatrician who examined him and concurred that he had ADHD. It is not easy to get the meds,

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The MSM practically glorifying these acts of evil does not help the situation at all. Don't even report on it. They are attention seeking little psychos. Take away their "glory" and they won't have a purpose.

I agree, the internet is an evil place for kids. Social media has caused more teen suicides than we would ever care to know. Kids without parents heavily involved are free to go seek out this sick shiitt on the internet every day and it desensitizes them and poisons their brains.

Until we figure this crap out, I think we need limited access to schools and well trained, armed guards at the entrance(s). (Lots of vets looking for work. Pay them WELL)

Also, authorities AND parents need to take shiitt seriously when kids report a kid with risky behavior. 9 times out of 10, the warning signs have been there.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Describe risky behavior ? hell we can't even figure out who pisses where. This last twit wore a trench coat to school everyday, the temperature was 85 degrees the day of the shooting, WTF is out of the ordinary about that? Mom, Dad no teachers noticed or thought that was weird?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Rooster7
The MSM practically glorifying these acts of evil does not help the situation at all. Don't even report on it. They are attention seeking little psychos. Take away their "glory" and they won't have a purpose.

I agree, the internet is an evil place for kids. Social media has caused more teen suicides than we would ever care to know. Kids without parents heavily involved are free to go seek out this sick shiitt on the internet every day and it desensitizes them and poisons their brains.

Until we figure this crap out, I think we need limited access to schools and well trained, armed guards at the entrance(s). (Lots of vets looking for work. Pay them WELL)

Also, authorities AND parents need to take shiitt seriously when kids report a kid with risky behavior. 9 times out of 10, the warning signs have been there.

You figure the trailer park trash with 8 kids are gonna pay for it? Section 8 housing with a bushel of kids? Millions of illegals? Or is it the 'rich' white folks that worked their entire lives and now own a home that are going to have to pay for bastard's of welfare rats?

A little quick math

100,000 schools x 3 = 300,000 cops

500,000 buses x 1 = 500, 000 cops (but lets say 400,00 since many places one bus runs multiple routes)

So now we have 700,000 extra cops. How much an hour are they getting? Insurance? What are they doing during school breaks? Unemployment?

Should state colleges all be locked down? Shouldn't they have cops in every building? Public transportation, every bus should have a cop.

So lets just say we need what, 3 million more cops.

I know, we can start another Government agency, like TSA, for schools/buses etc.

Last edited by Steelhead; 05/20/18.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have not read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been posted but this poem says a lot IMO:

Mary had a little lamb,

His fleece was as white as snow.

And everywhere that Mary went,

The Lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school each day,

‘Twasn’t even in the rule.

He made the children laugh and play,

To have a Lamb at school.

And then the rules all changed one day,

Illegal it became;

To bring the Lamb of God to school,

Or even speak His Name.

Every day got worse and worse,

And days turned into years.

Instead of hearing children laugh,

We heard gunshots and tears.

What must we do to stop the crime,

That’s in our schools today?

Let’s let the Lamb come back to school,

And teach our kids to pray!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Again, I'm not saying the drugs don't work. I'm saying we don't know what the long term effects on them are. If your kid is on drugs his entire life and has another kid, does that affect his child? If mom takes ritalin her entire life, does that affect her child?

If you start a kid in Kindergarten instead of ninth grade, what's the result?

Acknowledge your concern, I also wonder about the long term risks/benefits ratio. I was just trying to use my kids as an example of at least about 26-7 years down the line. The evidence seems to indicate that there is definitely a genetic component involved as it is more likely if one or both parents have it.

As far as "social" media is concerned I feel it has had a dehumanizing effect on our culture. But the genie is out of the bottle and we have to adapt, as parents we have to insist on limits and provide children with more face to face social interaction. I think that the two parent working/career path has also had a negative influence, too many latch key kids with no super vision. Parents that have no clue what is happening to their kid in school and/or not knowing what their kid is doing locked in his room all day.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead

You figure the trailer park trash with 8 kids are gonna pay for it? Section 8 housing with a bushel of kids? Millions of illegals? Or is it the 'rich' white folks that worked their entire lives and now own a home that are going to have to pay for bastard's of welfare rats?

A little quick math

500,000 buses x 1 = 500, 000 cops (but lets say 400,00 since many places one bus runs multiple routes)

So now we have 700,000 extra cops. How much an hour are they getting? Insurance? What are they doing during school breaks? Unemployment?

Should state colleges all be locked down? Shouldn't they have cops in every building? Public transportation, every bus should have a cop.

I know, we can start another Government agency, like TSA, for schools/buses etc.

The po-po solution is laughable at best.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

A little quick math

I don't know what the real answer is Scott but something needs to be done until we can figure this out.Hey I know, maybe we should stop sending billions of tax dollars to 3rd world shiittholes and paying welfare to the people that come from said shiittholes and use that money to protect our kids.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Exactly. It is a social problem that require a social solution not money thrown at it. The seeds of this problem were sown a long time ago and there are no easy or quick solutions.

Ed

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

A little quick math

Maybe it is but if my kids were murdered in a school shooting I sure as hell would have wished someone with a firearm was there to prevent it. What do you think about armed teachers?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

A little quick math

I don't know what the real answer is Scott but something needs to be done until we can figure this out.Hey I know, maybe we should stop sending billions of tax dollars to 3rd world shiittholes and paying welfare to the people that come from said shiittholes and use that money to protect our kids.

Let the parents do something and pay for it. Ownership via their time and their money. Seems everyone wants something done, but they want someone else doing the lifting, physically and monetarily

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

A little quick math

Let the parents do something and pay for it. Ownership via their time and their money. Seems everyone wants something done, but they want someone else doing the lifting, physically and monetarily

I guess I see your point. It's kind of like your property taxes going up because they put an 11 million dollar addition on the school and you don't even have kids attending the school anymore.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I agree, the internet is an evil place for kids...

What has changed in schools? Since the communists have taken over our education system it is the schools that are an evil place for kids.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My take on this topic, in a letter to an editor I wrote a few weeks ago.

WHY THIS GENERATION NEEDS GUN CONTROL
Emma Gonzalez in Teen Vogue magazine March 23, 2018

What a perceptive title! That captures the issue in six words.

This generation needs gun control because my 60's generation has not passed on the values that made gun control unnecessary in previous generations. We have not given the next generation self discipline, respect for others, respect for human life, personal worth, dignity, absolutes of right and wrong to guide conscience. This generation needs external gun control because they don't have the internal control to manage life's inescapable realities of risk, danger, and responsibility.

External control of citizens is the default position of governments throughout the ages from the Pharaohs to Putin, and it works to some extent though it has a terrible track record of abuse and suppression of citizens. The US constitution is the one grand document that pioneered the self government of citizens, by internal control rather than government suppression. The Bill of Rights gives citizens breathtakingly broad freedoms, dangerous freedoms in the view of any king or despot in history. And the despots are correct: such freedom is dangerous, to ourselves and others when abused.

When used responsibly, these freedoms have produced the most prosperous, most powerful and most envied body of citizens on earth. Far from perfect, ever improving within the parameters of the tremendous founding freedoms, the progress of the US has astounded the world.

By not passing on the values on which this nation functions, we have jeopardized its existence. Our citizen children are protesting that they cannot handle such freedom and demanding that somebody control them.

To them I say: Forgive me. We have failed you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,668
Posts18,493,711
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.