Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Trevor was all over the Optics forum.... pimping Tract every chance he got. That was apparently part of his job. Then, as soon as his arranged test went south with Form..... he disappeared. He came back for a while after the move.... but vanished again quickly.

He was Tract’s guy here on the fire. If he’s gone, they shoulda replaced him. It’s just a bad look.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From what I heard Trevor bailed without saying a word and left them hanging. I'm thinking about taking his position over. Just not sure if I have the time myself. They need someone to answer questions on here. You can always go on their site for info. Jon gets back pretty quick.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Over the years I've tested a bunch of scopes. I do honest reviews and if somethings not right Ill say it. Starting up a new company is tough and your not going to have a limitless budget to come out with lots of scope options at first. For what you get for the price Tract is a solid brand. Sure Id like to see some changes in the 30mm but we cant all be pleased.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Trevor was all over the Optics forum.... pimping Tract every chance he got. That was apparently part of his job. Then, as soon as his arranged test went south with Form..... he disappeared. He came back for a while after the move.... but vanished again quickly.

He was Tract’s guy here on the fire. If he’s gone, they shoulda replaced him. It’s just a bad look.

It really sounds like a great idea to have someone answering questions and providing input on a product/company they are a part of. ...but considering the general attitude here on the campfire it's a losing battle. We'll find something to fuss about with any product before we ever have it in our hands.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bhoges

Dogshooter , I have no idea what happened with Trevor. I know he moved and changed jobs. I don't believe he has been with Tract for some time. He didn't attend Shot this year either. All I can say is my optic can been excellent and the guys who run Tract are stand up men. Any questions you have they will answer.

Apparently not,as they failed to answer any questions as soon as their optic's quality was found to be questionable. Doesn't really matter if "Trevor" went elsewhere or not, as no one else at the company took care of the issue. At least Kimber has MCMXI trying to cover for their screw ups, though he's doing a really poor job in handling the situation.

All I need to know about Tract Optics’ riflescopes.... I learned from Trevor’s silence regarding the scope that never even made it into testing.

Form exposed the flaws.... Trevor provided a little lip service.... then disappeared. His silence on the matter is deafening.

Their binoculars, yes SKane..... I’m referring to multiple binocs, seem to perform well above their cost. I won’t buy one however, because of the lack of established history in the market, and the sub-par warranty.

Exactly.

After seeing Safariman's years of BSing so many members of the Fire, and continuing to get away with it, I really wasn't surpised to see Trevor's line of BS being taken hook, line, and sinker.

If Tract comes out with some kind of groundbreaking concept, I might give them a try, but currently they don't offer anything that isn't made by a bunch of other companies......and there are just too many other options out there to deal with a company who would employ Safariman 2.0.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by kingston
I’m still hoping for a review of this scope. Twice, in as many weeks, I’ve almost ordered one just to see it. What’s the word? Has anyone put one through its paces?

Sounds like a job for...... you! Come on, take one for the team!

I’m sitting on a pile of glass as it is, but maybe. laugh

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
SWFA can build a 300 dollar scope to hold zero alongside their 1200 dollar model....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12376485/1

SWFA 6x failed the drop test.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I’m still hoping for a review of this scope. Twice, in as many weeks, I’ve almost ordered one just to see it. What’s the word? Has anyone put one through its paces?

Sounds like a job for...... you! Come on, take one for the team!

I’m sitting on a pile of glass as it is, but maybe. laugh

Need anymore? I got a couple of nice VX6 3-18x44 w/cds I can send your way....🤔

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I recently put one of those on a Sako 85 Varmint 223 1:8.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
SWFA can build a 300 dollar scope to hold zero alongside their 1200 dollar model....

The Tract didn’t even make it to the shooting portion of the test..... let alone a drop test.

You gotta look long and hard to find SWFA failures. Drop tests aren’t just the scope that she being tested..... bases and rings are challenged there too.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The Tract didn’t even make it to the shooting portion of the test..... let alone a drop test.

Well that’s hardly a fair comparison.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When I dropped an SWFA 3-9 from shoulder level, directly onto the scope, it held up fine.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I paid too much money for my gear to deliberately drop any of it on anything or otherwise abuse it. Accidents happen and I'm certainly not immune to tripping and falling. But, if I want to know which scopes hold up under hard use I just PM Formidilosus and ask him. Those young men who make a living shooting bad guys and competing in Tactical Matches here at home punish their equipment SO much more than I ever will. If a certain brand & model of scope holds up under those circumstances Formidilosus will be well aware of it. You can take what he recommends to the bank.

Formidilosus's testing of one of their lower tier scopes, and the scope subsequently failing, has kept me from buying one of the upper tier models. I'd like to have one as no one knocks the glass. But, the glass is useless if the adjustments aren't accurate and repeatable, and the scope doesn't hold zero.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Formidilosus's testing of one of their lower tier scopes, and the scope subsequently failing, has kept me from buying one of the upper tier models. I'd like to have one as no one knocks the glass. But, the glass is useless if the adjustments aren't accurate and repeatable, and the scope doesn't hold zero.

Mule Deer, among others, has posted his experience with a Toric, and while he didn't throw it around, he has used it a good bit on his standard test rifles (that have put other scopes in the ground) and it kept on ticking. When asked recently about scopes that have impressed him of late he listed two, the SHV and his Toric. That says a lot. The other reviews I've seen support his conclusions.

I wouldn't buy a Response myself, as the "features" don't fit my requirements, and I'm always suspicious of products loaded down with fancy stuff at a low price point. Form's test proved that theory, on his example anyway, right out of the gate before the tossing started. My conclusion is that it's built to appeal to a certain market and price point more than to a standard. My Tekoa, which
I took a chance on at 30% off, is built in the Japanese factory. It appears to be very similar to the Toric, but lacks the ED glass and has a 4x zoom, not 5x, which is enough to me to explain the price differential. When I bought it, Jon promised to take it back if it didn't measure up. Don't know if that's still the case, but he's not getting this one.

I'm not selling anything, for anybody, but since you said you want one, why not give it a shot? Call them and ask them about your concerns. In the last year, I've taken a chance on the Tract, an SS, and I'm up to three closeout Hawkes. So far, so good.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Tract offers a business model where the money that usually goes to distributors and marketing goes to better glass and better mechanicals, with the top models built at one of the best optics manufacturing facilities in the world. This would be a model to be encouraged, but not here.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That’s the same “model’ that SWFA uses.... and their scopes are all held to the same standard. They’ve been around for years, have a very solid reputation, and I’ve never heard a single complaint about “warranty” issues when a failure does arise.

I don’t give two schitts about Tract’s Business Model.... I care about performance, reputation, and warranty. Tract Optics can’t check any of those boxes.... so why would anyone drop $1000+ on an unproven, unreputable, and moderately warranted product.... when there are other options that check all the boxes?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That’s the same “model’ that SWFA uses.... and their scopes are all held to the same standard. They’ve been around for years, have a very solid reputation, and I’ve never heard a single complaint about “warranty” issues when a failure does arise.

I don’t give two schitts about Tract’s Business Model.... I care about performance, reputation, and warranty. Tract Optics can’t check any of those boxes.... so why would anyone drop $1000+ on an unproven, unreputable, and moderately warranted product.... when there are other options that check all the boxes?

Performance: a little research and you can find several reviews regarding them. Only 1 I know of that reveled a problem done by Form on a lower end model. Read some of the hands on results of using them....from an overall perspective I don't think there is more performance for the $ out there.

Warranty: - no time limit, no registration. You state it's moderately warranted. Which companies have a better warranty?

https://www.tractoptics.com/tract-trust

TRACT Trust Assurance

TRACT is about an experience - your experience. The TRACT Trust Assurance was created for you to be able to trust in the products you are buying. We believe in our optical designers, engineers and suppliers so strongly that we warranty our products against defects in materials and workmanship for a lifetime, without any unnecessary paperwork or mumbo jumbo mess. This warranty applies to product materials and construction under responsible use and does not include loss, theft or intentional damage.

At TRACT Optics, we feel that actions speak louder than words, so while we could write up a fancy warranty with all kinds of legal jargon, we prefer to take the gentleman’s approach and treat our warranty program as a matter of trust. Ownership of any TRACT product automatically falls under the TRACT Trust Assurance regardless of whether or not you are the original owner. No time limit applies and no registration is necessary.

In the unlikely event that one of our products does not perform in the manner in which it was designed and engineered, we will make it right and ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Should you have an issue contact us at supporttractoptics.com. We are 100% focused on providing you, our customer, with the finest quality and value in the optics industry.

Just know we appreciate the opportunity to share with you our passion for creating incredible products at a realistic price, all the while giving you first-rate customer service. Your experience is our responsibility.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Performance: a little research and you can find several reviews regarding them. Only 1 I know of that reveled a problem done by Form on a lower end model. Read some of the hands on results of using them....from an overall perspective I don't think there is more performance for the $ out there.

Warranty: - no time limit, no registration. You state it's moderately warranted. Which companies have a better warranty?

TRACT Trust Assurance

TRACT is about an experience - your experience. The TRACT Trust Assurance was created for you to be able to trust in the products you are buying. We believe in our optical designers, engineers and suppliers so strongly that we warranty our products against defects in materials and workmanship for a lifetime, without any unnecessary paperwork or mumbo jumbo mess. This warranty applies to product materials and construction under responsible use and does not include loss, theft or intentional damage.

At TRACT Optics, we feel that actions speak louder than words, so while we could write up a fancy warranty with all kinds of legal jargon, we prefer to take the gentleman’s approach and treat our warranty program as a matter of trust. Ownership of any TRACT product automatically falls under the TRACT Trust Assurance regardless of whether or not you are the original owner. No time limit applies and no registration is necessary.

In the unlikely event that one of our products does not perform in the manner in which it was designed and engineered, we will make it right and ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Should you have an issue contact us at supporttractoptics.com. We are 100% focused on providing you, our customer, with the finest quality and value in the optics industry.

Just know we appreciate the opportunity to share with you our passion for creating incredible products at a realistic price, all the while giving you first-rate customer service. Your experience is our responsibility.

In fairness, Tract’s warranty requires one to speculate they’ll be around to honor it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

TRACT Trust Assurance

In fairness, Tract’s warranty requires one to speculate they’ll be around to honor it.

In fairness, that applies to everything you buy.

Also Social Security, pensions, insurance, investments, Remingtons, significant others, and so on into the night......🤔

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Suggesting that the probability the US Government will be around in 25 years VS. Tract being around in 25 years as equivalent, is absurd.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,681
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.