Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I really, truly, don't know who is more pathetic. The spineless parents, or the parasite kid.

This is one reason we have some of the messes we have today.

A 30-year-old man court-ordered to vacate his parents' home on Tuesday said he should be given more time to leave because of how much his parents "harassed" him about moving out.

Michael Rotondo, of Camillus, New York, had been living rent-free in his parents' Syracuse-area home for eight years when a State Supreme Court judge ruled on Tuesday in his parents’ favor, ordering him to move out.

Rotondo, who plans to appeal the decision, said he stopped speaking to his parents when they "alluded" to wanting him to leave the house in October, just one month after he lost custody and visitation rights of his son.

"I'm not bothering them by living here, It's little to no cost to them, and considering how much they've harassed me, I think it's the least that they should be required to do, which is just let me hang here a bit longer and use their hot water and electricity."

By the end of October, Michael Rotondo said his parents were demanding he get a full-time job, health insurance and sessions with a therapist, but he said he "didn't need any of those things."

"My parents alluded to the fact that they no longer wanted me living in the house, and I was devastated from the loss, and not seeing my son anymore," Rotondo said. "After that, I was like, 'I’m done with you guys.'"

Mark and Christina Rotondo said they gave their son multiple notices to vacate and even offered him money to help him find a place of his own.

Michael Rotondo admitted that he accepted the money, but used it for "other things."

"I took it but with consideration for my plans, and how my finances interacted with those plans, I did use the money for other things, but I don’t regret that," he said. "I would have preferred to have kept the money and given it back to them ... but I had to use it, and that's just how it is."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/30-old-or...ssed-093004235--abc-news-topstories.html

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What do you mean by spineless? Seems like they took pity on him for a short time and then threw him out.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
He is the fruit of the tree.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
What do you mean by spineless? Seems like they took pity on him for a short time and then threw him out.

Eight years.

I had a cousin stay with us about twenty years ago and he almost made it to two weeks before I physically threw the lazy useless prick out of the house...he has not amounted to anything since and is no more than an oxygen thief, just because you are related to scum it doesn't mean they get a pass.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah that's excessive but if your kid is as big of kghunt as the one in the OP I'd think dad would just end up in jail and still have a deadbeat in his house.

Live and learn I guess.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah that's excessive but if your kid is as big of kghunt as the one in the OP I'd think dad would just end up in jail and still have a deadbeat in his house.

Live and learn I guess.

But see...you and I don't have offspring that are anything like that, and as much as you like to bullshit and horse about I take you for a responsible family orientated fellow that has the heart to not spare the rod, nor the shallowness to let your child sink in to such a torpid wasteful existence.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I used a belt, but yeah.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FAILURE TO LAUNCH....

The father needs his NAKED room - LOL

Last edited by Owl; 05/23/18.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Intergenerational wet nursing......

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm

Sometimes, then again sometimes not.

Take my best friend. He has 3 boys. Youngest just graduated from UGA, and starts Med school this Fall. Middle son was drafted by the Boston Red Sox right out of high school. Great athlete. Played minor league baseball for 4 seasons, then was released on a Friday and signed to play football with UGA the next Monday. Going into his last season, he will graduate in December and then go to Grad school for Finance. Oldest son was also a great baseballer. Signed a scholarship to play for Georgia State University. Halfway through his first semester, stopped going to class. He quit baseball. Started staying out late - really late- hanging with the wrong crowd. Dropped out of school. Knocked up his "girlfriend" who is so psycho he won't marry her, but lives with her and is raising their kid who is now 2 1/2. No degree, went and got training for HVAC tech. Repeated failed his pee test, so no job Turns out he and the chick snort heroine. Got busted for possession. Judge put him on probation due to first offender and family. Kid won't follow terms of his probation properly, and now has his ass in a wringer. Basically, he went off to school, and Bipolar disorder kicked in and he was an addiction problem waiting to happen. He cannot pull it his life together, and there were no indications that this would be an issue when he was younger. Top student, top athlete, good looking, sociable, respectful, all the things you want to see in your kid.

Same parents, same gene pool. Smart, talented, well mannered, well raised kids. They have a mind of their own and sometimes one will come with issues.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

They sued him and had the court throw him out...

I'd have kicked his worthless ass out a bit differently. He wouldn't have been inclined to come back anytime soon... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Some people just don’t want to work, they don’t want to do anything but sit on their butts.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hanco
Some people just don’t want to work, they don’t want to do anything but sit on their butts.

And from what I have seen there is generally pussy and drugs involved.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by ringworm

Sometimes, then again sometimes not.

Take my best friend. He has 3 boys. Youngest just graduated from UGA, and starts Med school this Fall. Middle son was drafted by the Boston Red Sox right out of high school. Great athlete. Played minor league baseball for 4 seasons, then was released on a Friday and signed to play football with UGA the next Monday. Going into his last season, he will graduate in December and then go to Grad school for Finance. Oldest son was also a great baseballer. Signed a scholarship to play for Georgia State University. Halfway through his first semester, stopped going to class. He quit baseball. Started staying out late - really late- hanging with the wrong crowd. Dropped out of school. Knocked up his "girlfriend" who is so psycho he won't marry her, but lives with her and is raising their kid who is now 2 1/2. No degree, went and got training for HVAC tech. Repeated failed his pee test, so no job Turns out he and the chick snort heroine. Got busted for possession. Judge put him on probation due to first offender and family. Kid won't follow terms of his probation properly, and now has his ass in a wringer. Basically, he went off to school, and Bipolar disorder kicked in and he was an addiction problem waiting to happen. He cannot pull it his life together, and there were no indications that this would be an issue when he was younger. Top student, top athlete, good looking, sociable, respectful, all the things you want to see in your kid.

Same parents, same gene pool. Smart, talented, well mannered, well raised kids. They have a mind of their own and sometimes one will come with issues.

Happens a lot, I have a friend like that, one boy graduated from Cornell, the other from Ithaca College. One is married and has a decent job the other lives at home with his parents in his 30's. Yeah they live in NY.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The old man made it very clear that we were free to live in the house til we were 18 or free to leave earlier if we didn't want to play by the rules.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Lots of adults still living at home these days.

I can't wait to be rid of my kids.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by hanco

And from what I have seen there is generally pussy and drugs involved.

Well hell. If they have pussy and drugs in there, sign me up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hatari, As you know I live with this scenerio much as you describe every day, 20 months left. Sometimes there is just nothing that can be done to correct the behaviours. It's just what it is.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Lots of adults still living at home these days.

I can't wait to be rid of my kids.

I'm with ya.The 26 year old BS ain't going to fly. 21...maybe if they're in college or tech school.

If they can't figure something out by then, I've failed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Lots of people do.

I think this is more of a reflection of our society and culture than the parents themselves. It's hard to convince them they should be on their own when every outside force is telling them your parents are ass holes. TV, music, schools, da police. I started telling my kids they were out on their ass at age 18 when they were very little. It seems instilled in them because they ask questions a lot about apartments and jobs and similar.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (12344mag, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 2UP, 25 invisible), 1,637 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,280
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.