Hop To
Page 19 of 68 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 67 68
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good luck on the move 'Flave!

I have been down there a few times in the past year to visit my parents. Florida is, as I'm sure you know, hot, and miserably humid this time of year. That being said, the fishing opportunities are endless, and hog hunting abounds. There are beautiful beaches and plenty of places to Kayak. My Floridian step-brother tells me there are plenty of turkeys to hunt too. Another nice part about Florida is no place in Florida is terribly far from another, so you can see quite a bit of the state without seemingly endless drives. I enjoy my time there. What county will you be in?

As you mentioned in a previous post, change can be a good thing.

Be safe in your travels.

Last edited by J23; 06/05/18.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

WTF you think will happen if you walk around shirtless on a Montana prairie in mid-July?

Catch a fugkin' cold?

BFE MT latitude - 46 N

Key West FL latitude - 26 N

Late June in Key West the sun is 4 degrees off of vertical at noon, late June in Montana the sun is 24 degrees off of vertical, in fact all year round the sun is always 20 degrees closer to the horizon at noon in Montana than it is in Key West. Ain't gonna do the math but prob'ly works out to be about twice the amount of sunlight hitting the ground per square foot in Key West on any given date, ergo the sunlight is twice as intense, this is the reason why it is warmer in Florida than it is in Montana.

Sun block gets old, stuff sticks to it and it gets in your eyes, hats and lightweight long-sleeve fishing shirts are the way to go IMHO. Or else being you're White you too can get skin that looks like a highway map in no time at all, no matter.

And them kids are good-looking, you're right, prob'ly ain't yours.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I was in FL at the end of July last year. I could live there for the fishing alone. The humidity didn't bother me. Hell, it's humid in this swamp most of the time the snow is gone anyway.

Flave is the type of guy that can have fun in any situation and will make the best of what's going on. If it sucks, they'll move. Some folks have a hard time figuring that out.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Good luck with the move, Travis. If you get up this way to visit the wife's family again, we'll have to match up for a beer and some wings again. They guys in that VFW are still talking about your fugly Blackhawks sweater!

None of those fugks could afford a sweater of that caliber.

They're selling stuff too. They want to move to Florida to be closer to these fugkin' goons:

[Linked Image]

Good lookin' brood you got there buddy. Hope you make it back up this way some time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope you did your homework bro

LOL
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Says the guy from Illinois who spent a lot of time in Wisconsin, like all the other Illinois people. We should have kept them out.

You'll always have the Dells.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All the Montana guys be lining up goin,

Flave. Flave! Come back! Bye, Flave.

No! All the Montana guys be lining up goin, "great, a free place to stay when I head down there to fly fish the flats".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by J23

I have been down there a few times in the past year to visit my parents. Florida is, as I'm sure you know, hot, and miserably humid this time of year. That being said, the fishing opportunities are endless, and hog hunting abounds. There are beautiful beaches and plenty of places to Kayak. My Floridian step-brother tells me there are plenty of turkeys to hunt too. Another nice part about Florida is no place in Florida is terribly far from another, so you can see quite a bit of the state without seemingly endless drives. I enjoy my time there. What county will you be in?

Be safe in your travels.

Thanks, '23.

I will be in Broward County but we are only renting for the time being.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

WTF you think will happen if you walk around shirtless on a Montana prairie in mid-July?

Catch a fugkin' cold?

BFE MT latitude - 46 N

Key West FL latitude - 26 N

Late June in Key West the sun is 4 degrees off of vertical at noon, late June in Montana the sun is 24 degrees off of vertical, in fact all year round the sun is always 20 degrees closer to the horizon at noon in Montana than it is in Key West. Ain't gonna do the math but prob'ly works out to be about twice the amount of sunlight hitting the ground per square foot in Key West on any given date, ergo the sunlight is twice as intense, this is the reason why it is warmer in Florida than it is in Montana.

Sun block gets old, stuff sticks to it and it gets in your eyes, hats and lightweight long-sleeve fishing shirts are the way to go IMHO. Or else being you're White you too can get skin that looks like a highway map in no time at all, no matter.

And them kids are good-looking, you're right, prob'ly ain't yours.

You seem pretty gay for a straight guy.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tzone
I was in FL at the end of July last year. I could live there for the fishing alone. The humidity didn't bother me. Hell, it's humid in this swamp most of the time the snow is gone anyway.

Southern folk get real perplexed when you tell them it gets hot in other states.

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

^^^^Speakin' of f a g g o t s. ^^^^

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
All the Montana guys be lining up goin,

Flave. Flave! Come back! Bye, Flave.

No! All the Montana guys be lining up goin, "great, a free place to stay when I head down there to fly fish the flats".

You are always welcome. Montana treated me well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by J23

Be safe in your travels.

Hurlburt to homestead seemed a bit of a jog, IIRC... Not so bad in a C-130

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Still screwing with people you don't know on the internet?

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
take a jaunt up around the panhandle if you've never been there. one of my favorite places in the US.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

All kidding aside; this is seriously good advice. The sub-tropical sun down there will fry you, and especially your kids, in such a short time you won't believe it, even on cloudy days. The effects will last a lifetime. Most of the time I spent down there was long before the days of sunscreen and my shoulders are a mess.

If you don't want to spend your golden years being periodically skinned alive by your dermatologist, slather on the strongest SPF goop you can find every time you go out. Big hats and SPF shirts are a good idea too.

Catch a fugkin' cold?

Okay Cupcake, have it your way. 👹<Your new look

I'd tell you to at least make sure the kids goop up, but I'm sure your wife has some sense, aside from one really bad life-choice.

What fresh Hell is this?
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Still screwing with people you don't know on the internet?

Remember when your ol' lady told us all you were a lazy POS?

That was hilarious.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Southern folk get real perplexed when you tell them it gets hot in other states.

I ain't so much the heat, its the sunlight, so intense at mid day it washes out the colors you can see, burns ya quick too. Next bicycle trip, if'n I had my 'druthers I'd run straight north the first 1,000 miles, just to put some distance between me and the sun.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Okay Cupcake, have it your way. 👹<Your new look

I'd tell you to at least make sure the kids goop up, but I'm sure your wife has some sense, aside from one really bad life-choice.

I don't wanna sound like an ass hole, but it's pretty stupid to explain that a child should have protection from the sun when they're out in the sun. It's akin to telling somebody they should stay out of jail. Or not drink bleach. Or not point a gun to your head.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I ain't so much the heat, its the sunlight, so intense at mid day it washes out the colors you can see, burns ya quick too. Next bicycle trip, if'n I had my 'druthers I'd run straight north the first 1,000 miles, just to put some distance between me and the sun.

(Slow hand golf clap)

Page 19 of 68 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 163bc, 47 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,336
Posts18,506,116
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.