-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 68 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 67 68
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm late to this - no wonder - 20 pages went really quickly. You posted some marvelous photos and have gotten many good wishes - no doubt deserved. Add mine - wishing all good things and a bunch of fun for you and your family.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clark wants a spear gun...Dave needs water wings...And, Travis will have to get a “GoPro” for all the pictures of him slaying schit at 20,000 Leagues under the sea...Different location. Different game to hunt..Flave just making life happen with a slow roll...😎

P.S.
Birdwatcher...You’re a stalker...🤔

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jazz this thread up a little... WoodStock 1969..

10 Years After... I'm Going Home.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The next chapter will also be a good one and your last ten too...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hey jorge,

I hate to break this to you but you can have swamp ass when it's -30. All it takes is 20 IPA's the night prior.

IPAs? rather have swamp ass...

You Cuban fugk.

And your point is? smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Birdwatcher, I'd be willing to bet that schools were high on the due diligence list.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mike74
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
North Carolina thanks you. Grins.

Why would that be? I lived there before and didn't have any trouble?

I'm still waiting for this geriatric smartasses' comeback. My son is in the NC National Guard and currently stationed in Iraq near Syria.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Birdwatcher, I'd be willing to bet that schools were high on the due diligence list.

You’ll have to explain, you suggesting I’m a perv? <“shrug”>

Other than that, have you spent much time outside in the sun down here? Up north the difficult season is the winter on account of the intense cold. Down here the difficult season is the summer, on account of the intense sunlight. I deal with it every day. In the old days ever’body knew how to dress for the sun, big hats, long sleaves, now you got people out frying in Realtree gimme caps and t-shirts.

The guy is moving to a major metropolitan area with three kids, prob’ly all his schooling experience as an actual parent has been Podunk MT, before he spends $200,000 plus over the years on private schools, might help to know that some public schools get outstanding results. It’s all gonna be the parents anyhow.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You are the quintessential public school teacher. Full of opinions, assumptions, and answers to questions nobody asked.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You are the quintessential public school teacher. Full of opinions, assumptions, and answers to questions nobody asked.

...and I ain't actually worked for a living in thirty years wink But google them San Antonio schools I cited for real-world examples. We compete at national-level academic competitions quite a bit, or try to, nationwide the most outstanding public schools are those associated with major medical centers, no doubt on account of the concentrations of highly educated and successful professionals wanting the same for their kids.

Birdwatcher out.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
North Carolina thanks you. Grins.

Why would that be? I lived there before and didn't have any trouble?

I'm still waiting for this geriatric smartasses' comeback. My son is in the NC National Guard and currently stationed in Iraq near Syria.

It was a fugging joke, hence the GRINS at the end. You Yankees are a sensitive bunch.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

...and I ain't actually worked for a living in thirty years wink But google them San Antonio schools I cited for real-world examples. We compete at national-level academic competitions quite a bit, or try to, nationwide the most outstanding public schools are those associated with major medical centers, no doubt on account of the concentrations of highly educated and successful professionals wanting the same for their kids.

Birdwatcher out.

I think want Flave meant was 'Were there any Civil War skirmishes in Florida?' Thanks for bringing history alive.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Birdwatcher out.

Yes Birdwatcher. There are some highly regarded public schools in Florida (Parkland is one) but that doesn't mean I want my kids in them. Having met more than a few products of the San Antonio school systems, I can definitively state they don't do a very good job of anything. Regardless of how well they think of themselves.

Also, Texas summers are not hot. Texans think they're hot. The eastern side is a bit more miserable than some parts of the country but where you live, is not hot. Your summers are no worse than the Midwest. Yes I've lived both places and rest assured my work had me outdoors more than most.

Lastly, you may THINK the summers are a piece of cake in all northern states but I doubt you'd feel that way if you had to run a dozer for 72 hours straight in 100 degree heat while fighting a forest fire that's encroaching on people's homes. And receiving no pay for your troubles.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by jorgeI
WTF is a "VERGA"? ....

Guess you missed the hatless Flave pics.

Cubans don't speak spanish.

¿ Es posible? Perhaps they speak Caribbean?

Jorge, ¿ No las usan los Cubanos "chupame la verga? o " besame la verga" ? Perhaps they use "pito"? "Palo" ?

I'm mostly familiar with the Mexican and Central American versions of cuss words..

el 'flave will likely learn the needed idiomatic expressions soon enough.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You maybe familiar with some Spanish cuss words but your syntax is hilarious.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

You’ll have to explain, you suggesting I’m a perv? <“shrug”>

Other than that, have you spent much time outside in the sun down here? Up north the difficult season is the winter on account of the intense cold. Down here the difficult season is the summer, on account of the intense sunlight. I deal with it every day. In the old days ever’body knew how to dress for the sun, big hats, long sleaves, now you got people out frying in Realtree gimme caps and t-shirts.

The guy is moving to a major metropolitan area with three kids, prob’ly all his schooling experience as an actual parent has been Podunk MT, before he spends $200,000 plus over the years on private schools, might help to know that some public schools get outstanding results. It’s all gonna be the parents anyhow.

Huh? In reply to your first sentence, no. I was merely suggesting that your rambling exegesis on public versus private schools, contained in post 12902599, was likely unnecessary given the person making the move to Florida. (Of course, it would be rather late as well.) I suppose I could have quoted your post before making mine, but I generally shun doing that, and I figured you were savvy enough to understand the post upon which I was commenting and the meaning of my post. Anyway, to avoid confusion this time, I am quoting the post to which I am replying.

As for me, I am a refugee from New Orleans, and still have ties to the area, so I know a bit about living for decades in a hot, humid climate, and I am willing to bet that our friend from Montana has enough common sense and intelligence, if not actual experience, to figure out how to dress himself and his kids. (That also means that I know a bit about the whole public/private school thing. Schools were high on my due diligence list in figuring out where to move.)

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey, I'm out of this thread, but since I was addressed by the OP...

....you sound pi$$ed, prob'ly because I'm right <"shrug">

I guess we got a whole lot of deluded parents here. ( "Sorry kid, sure you're the daughter of a lower income single parent who just graduated with a Master's in Engineering from MIT, but ya ain't done a very good job grin ..and hey, all you Academy grads, and doctors and lawyers and engineers and whatnot, Deflave says y'all suck...." ) What does help tho is all the money they didn't spend on private schools that got invested somewhere else for the benefit of their kids and future grandchildren.

FWIW I've only spent half my life in Texas, the rest were all spent somewhere else, up North mostly, 'cept for those three at 5 degrees North where its summer all year round (wet summer and then dry summer wink ) And hey, I was in my teens before I ever got south of 55 degrees North.

Most of them thirty summers I WAS down here I spent half of 'em up North; visiting family. I mean geeze!.... who's gonna vacation south in the summer if ya live in South Texas? One summer around the solstice I even did this cool sun experiment where I spent sunrise to sunset in the open sun, over asphalt, every day, travelling from 29 degrees N to 43 degrees N. My experience was what it has always been, latitude matters, a lot.)

Cool beans on the 'dozer episode cool, wish I had the opportunity to do that. But 72 hours on a dozer in Laredo woulda been worse, even if it was only 100 out.

Anyhoo Dude, sounds like yer gonna need sunblock, by the crate, though it'll be slimy and little bits of stuff will stick to you and it will get in your eyes a lot. Whats really irritating is when it gets on the lenses of yer optics. I got so sick of sunblock I ain't used it in years, those old time cowboys and farmers and whatnot knew their business.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that BirdWatcher has finally been put in his cage with a sheet covering him....Can we get back to the funny schit and picture of Flaves life in Montana...We’re actually thinking about buying a place in Kalispell. 😎

Ah, hell....Spoke too soon...Who opened his fricken cage door?

Last edited by Beaver10; 06/06/18.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have been to Kalispell and think it would be a really nice place to live. Check out Moose's Saloon. Great Pizza!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 25 of 68 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 2500HD, 222Sako, 219DW, 49 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,391
Posts18,506,846
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.