Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 68 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 67 68
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Whats the boat plan? You ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't have a boat plan.

NuCanoe will rock a lot of the canals and shallows. Gonna need a decent sized bay boat though. I'd look in the 22-24' range. Lots of boats in that range draft plenty shallow and will still get you out a bit on nice days.

I'll be buying a flats style in the 20+ range. Used market looks pretty good down there based on what I've looked at.

Flave, if you're in the 20+ range, you've basically left the flats boat realm. 17-19' (or smaller) is typically flats/skiff range. 20+ is considered more of a bay boat... which isn't a bad thing. Flats boats, you're typically talking max 3 adults, and that may not even be a comfortable fit. 2 is better and easier in that size boat. One adult and 2 kids is easier than 3 adults.

One thing you're better off understanding and addressing up front: Where am I going to get my and my peeps' powder skin azzes out of the sun?

Bay boats will have more options for that. T-top or fabric cover, Sunbrella fabric being top of this class. Flats boats, not so much. The tradeoff is manueverablity and access to skinny water, and having easier options to get out of the sun..

My frame of reference: 17' Ranger flats boat for 7 years.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
24’ Jones Bros.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Yeah. I am not a fan of today's public schools.

I'm gonna be in Broward County so maybe I'll get to meet the sheriff.

Hopefully not professionally.

Potentially.

I'm sure you'll be oh so impressed. Most Broward Sheriff's officers can't stand him. They recently gave him a no confidence vote. Problem for them is, he's such a spineless worm, he'll use any bullschit reason to sack those that speak out publicly against him.

He is (possibly soon to be, was) the perfect little Ken doll for the Broward liberal elites.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Whats the boat plan? You ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't have a boat plan.

NuCanoe will rock a lot of the canals and shallows. Gonna need a decent sized bay boat though. I'd look in the 22-24' range. Lots of boats in that range draft plenty shallow and will still get you out a bit on nice days.

I'll be buying a flats style in the 20+ range. Used market looks pretty good down there based on what I've looked at.

Flave, if you're in the 20+ range, you've basically left the flats boat realm. 17-19' (or smaller) is typically flats/skiff range. 20+ is considered more of a bay boat... which isn't a bad thing. Flats boats, you're typically talking max 3 adults, and that may not even be a comfortable fit. 2 is better and easier in that size boat. One adult and 2 kids is easier than 3 adults.

One thing you're better off understanding and addressing up front: Where am I going to get my and my peeps' powder skin azzes out of the sun?

Bay boats will have more options for that. T-top or fabric cover, Sunbrella fabric being top of this class. Flats boats, not so much. The tradeoff is manueverablity and access to skinny water, and having easier options to get out of the sun..

Dirt,

To be honest I was just trying to engage in polite conversation. I have no intention of buying a boat. I'm just going to become your best friend.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Beaver10

P.S.
I would have bought your Bergara if it was in 6.5 Creed...☹️

If it were a creed, I'd have kept it!

Dave

6.5 Creed, the preferred cartridge to stop a charging Bull Iguana!

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

I'm sure you'll be oh so impressed. Most Broward Sheriff's officers can't stand him. They recently gave him a no confidence vote. Problem for them is, he's such a spineless worm, he'll use any bullschit reason to sack those that speak out publicly against him.

He is (possibly soon to be, was) the perfect little Ken doll for the Broward liberal elites.

Yeah. His leadership style was pretty clear after the Parkland shooting.

Love me and fugk you seems to be his MO.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Dirt,

To be honest I was just trying to engage in polite conversation. I have no intention of buying a boat. I'm just going to become your best friend.

The very best boats are someone else's, like ex-wives.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hadn't noticed the Broward County part until now. Whereabouts in Broward County will you settle or is that decided yet? I was born at Broward General Hospital and went to school at Nova High. But that was a few (ahem) years ago and the place has changed almost beyond recognition since then.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Dirt,

True that, but nobody's going to loan Clark their boat. Travis is going to have to buy his own.

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Hadn't noticed the Broward County part until now. Whereabouts in Broward County will you settle or is that decided yet? I was born at Broward General Hospital and went to school at Nova High. But that was a few (ahem) years ago and the place has changed almost beyond recognition since then.

I believe our rental is right between Miramar and Pembroke.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Great_Wazoo
[True that, but nobody's going to loan Clark their boat. Travis is going to have to buy his own.

Boy are you a rookie. You don't borrow the boat. If you do that you have to launch it, retrieve it, drive it, clean it, blah, blah, blah.

You just provide great companionship and buy beer and gas. Much easier and cheaper.

Clark

PS-Keep this between you and I. Thanks.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Dirt,

No greater truth has been spoken

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Good For You

It's all i got....

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There is some truth in that, unless of course your boat is so superior to the competition the chicks are free. Fella could leave an hour after everyone else, fill the cooler and be back for lunch. High speed trolling anyone?

[Linked Image]

My other boat was a Hewes Bonefisher.

Yes, I went both ways.

DD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Birdwatcher got so much credit, he could buy a truck to pull it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, okay, the white trash district.

wink

Just kidding. That's about even with Hollywood on the east. Those were fairly upscale neighborhoods right on the edge of the Glades back when, not uncommon to find alligators sunning in the back yard. Still has a ton of small lakes and ponds everywhere. Good luck down there, but from your Montana pics I get the idea you make your own luck wherever you end up.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks.

And if I'm in the poor section, I'm gonna be poor! Grin....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This is going to be one of the best threads evah.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dirt,

There is some truth in that.

Flave, no problem on the boat. You'll get one when you're ready. Actually, OPBs (other people's boats) would be wise in the first year.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 27 of 68 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

466 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 163bc, 48 invisible), 2,174 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,336
Posts18,506,116
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.