Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 68 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 67 68
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Thinking about taking the Amtrack, I've never crossed America by train.

Many years ago I traveled on the Empire Builder. If there's anything like that to and from your area by all means do it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Empire+Builder

Tks, I think I will, looks like you can bring a bicycle free of charge too in case I get stuck for stuff to do. But hey my nephew is back from Afghanistan and that fine young man owes me many cool trips cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Get to know the summer school principals, as they do the hiring (of their summer school teachers).

True, but it ain't at my school, else I'd be in like Flint. 'Nother thing is, with summer school you get like two or three days off all summer, so two weeks visiting family up north would be out the window.

I ain't trying to be contrary here and I do appreciate your interest.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Birdie, why don't you teach summer school and enjoy your AC with summer school earnings? There are ways around the financial blues.

not a bad idea, at all, heck he may even do just that. but I'll go out on a limb here and suggest Birdy just live his life the best way it suits him and the rest of us do likewise. Some think Flave is crazy for leaving Montana for Flordia, but it ain't their life, you only got to make your self happy with your decisions.

Whether sleeping on the floor without AC or moving to Florida. Tis the beauty of this journey we've undertaken, we each get to steer our own ship.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This thread sure got hijacked.

Dale

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tis the beauty of this journey we've undertaken, we each get to steer our own ship.

My weekly indulgence has been a bottle of $7 wine one night per week on the front porch.

Recently I believe I have discovered why Thunderbird, Ripple, MD 20/20 have disappeared off of the shelves. They have been replace by 24 oz cans of "Steel Reserve", actually a malt-based beverage in various fake flavors for less than $2.00 per. So for a bit more than half the price I can get almost twice the volume, 8% alcohol.

No idea why your post would make me think of that, but if you're currently on the front porch copping an inexpensive buzz, there may be a cheaper way grin

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Birdie, why don't you teach summer school and enjoy your AC with summer school earnings? There are ways around the financial blues.

not a bad idea, at all, heck he may even do just that. but I'll go out on a limb here and suggest Birdy just live his life the best way it suits him and the rest of us do likewise. Some think Flave is crazy for leaving Montana for Flordia, but it ain't their life, you only got to make your self happy with your decisions.

Whether sleeping on the floor without AC or moving to Florida. Tis the beauty of this journey we've undertaken, we each get to steer our own ship.

I could not agree more. But when someone posts whether it be they're cold because of lack of wood or whatever in their cabin, or they're hot because of lack of A/C then it opens the door. Don't complain, whine, or play hardass unless you are ready to be called on it. Else wise just live and let be.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DHN

Birdwatcher punked the hell out of Clarke didn't he!

MAGA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave
I sleep on the floor. Wife just left me. I'm in my 50's. I can't afford AC. I can't fix AC. I ride a bike to work.

Its been a few years, and I'm in my 60's. And hey, if you're past 50 and ain't busting yer a$$ doing something physical regularly, you're going downhill real fast. Slope gets steeper as you get older.

At this point, having done both motorcycles and bicycles, I gotta say I'm leaning towards bicycles. There's lots and lots of fat old motorcyclists, that's because all ya gotta do is sit there and work the controls, even if you're putting in a 1,000 mile day cross country. Nothing to it.

What a bicycle does, even if you're old with old knees, is allow you a workout like you did when you were a kid. Most often I ride early morning and at night, but just recently I put in a 60 mile ride on a sunny 98F afternoon just to do it (no sunblock, no sunburn). And hey, crossing the continent on a bicycle just rocks, no way around it. One reason I'm pushing so hard to clear debt is to get free to hit the road.

On the floor thing.... odds are if you are like most Americans, you personally, tho' not an old man by any means, have already grown too soft to sleep comfortably on the floor and more importantly, cannot sleep well on the ground outside which seems a fundamental ability for a man to keep. Charles Charles Goodnight, even after he became a wealthy man, slept outside on the ground every day of his long life, I understand why he did, he didn't have AC either.

What I need to get back to is fasting one day a week, as I did as an undergrad, again just to maintain the ability to do it. Seems like a fundamental ability for a man to be able to function without food, it ain't easy unless you do it regularly, you have to develop the enzyme pathways to break down fat and all that.

Beds are for sleeping with women, I don't see that coming in my future, unless you know any hot young women that dig wrinkly old guys, no AC, and sleeping with the dogs grin

You sure have been reaching hard all day to cut me down there Bub, I wouldn't think it was worth the trouble.
oh Chuck more proof positive bike pedal and spandex monkeys are a special breed of f****** stupid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I could not agree more. But when someone posts whether it be they're cold because of lack of wood or whatever in their cabin, or they're hot because of lack of A/C then it opens the door. Don't complain, whine, or play hardass unless you are ready to be called on it. Else wise just live and let be.

Whine? Play hardass?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by DHN

Birdwatcher punked the hell out of Clarke didn't he!

Birdwatcher don't get any jollies writing bad words to other men over the net. Birdy ain't done jack here but prob'ly bore folks.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ldholton
Chuck more proof positive bike pedal and spandex monkeys are a special breed of f****** stupid.

Ain't gonna argue with the stupid part, but spandex? Never in a hundred years.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

My kid seems to like me well enough, same for my grandkids.

Plus you can qualify for a loan. You're pretty much unstoppable at this point.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You sure have been reaching hard all day to cut me down there Bub, I wouldn't think it was worth the trouble.

It's no trouble.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clark, have you ever thought of doing a stand up gig at a comedy show for extra income? There should be a few in south FL

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I haven’t lived near an open mic location for about 10 years.

If Floridians like racism maybe I’ll give it a try.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have always wondered about the witness protection program . They always try to place you where you fit or blend in. Wonder if this was the first family this young operative has categorized and placed.

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

My kid seems to like me well enough, same for my grandkids.

Plus you can qualify for a loan. You're pretty much unstoppable at this point.

Ya, could be worse.

In your sixties (I just look younger because I avoid gimme caps and t-shirts) what can deep-six ya is your health and your teeth, knock on wood on the health thing, so far so good, but at some point I'm gonna have to decide if I really want to spend big bucks keeping my teeth. Never figured on living much past 70 but if ya made it this far, turns out most guys make it into their 80's. Damn.

I was wondering about can't-fix-the-AC thing, how did that happen? I was on just motorcycles until into my forties, then it was Toyotas, never had a broke AC before.

And Dude, grandkids are a special kind of joy cool I weren't expecting that, when it happens its like you did everything you did in life before that point just so as to get to that moment.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven’t lived near an open mic location for about 10 years.

If Floridians like racism maybe I’ll give it a try.

Everyone and their brother can do racism.

Bones, there's big money in bones....

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article212504519.html

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Birdwatcher,

Many pages back, you stated you were done with this thread, yet you persist. Why is that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
Chuck more proof positive bike pedal and spandex monkeys are a special breed of f****** stupid.

Ain't gonna argue with the stupid part, but spandex? Never in a hundred years.

Aw, come on, you want to do it. Deny it all you want, but we know you really want to ride in spandex.

Your buddy,

Dr. Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 30 of 68 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257 mag, 219DW, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 44 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,389
Posts18,506,831
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.