-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So we got a flier for the Father's Day sale at Cabelas. On the front page, they had Cabela's branded spinning reels on sale for $15.99. I had a gift card, and we needed an outing, so we went to the Cabela's store in Owatonna, Mn. I could use a couple new reels,so it seemed like a worthy trip. It's about an hour south of us. We got down there, went to the reel count and inquired about the reels. The guy said we're sold out-that was a clearance reel and there's none left, turned his back on me and walked away. I had to call him back, and ask if they had a substitute product, as the ad said nothing about it being a clearance product, or limited quantities. The guy provided no help, or answers and once again turned his back on me and walked away. It pizzed me off that I drove an hour to be treated to the back of this dude's head, and not showing any desire to help me whatsoever.

Long story short, we went back home and I contacted Cabela's to let them know I was disappointed with the service. I got a call back from the rep on Sunday-she got me a nice Pfluegger spinning reel that priced at $30.00 for $20.00 and no shipping. She was pleasant to work with and did a good job on the phone. I wouldn't have even gone down there if not for the gift card. Their prices are very high, unless something's on sale or clearance, and their salemen seem to think they don't need to provide decent customer service. At least their help desk actually helped, but it could have easily been avoided if the guy hadn't turned his back on me and walked away twice. I can't believe they didn't have an alternate product to use if they had limited quantities on that reel.

Last edited by gophergunner; 06/11/18.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can under stand them being out of an advertised product, but to treat you in a rude manner like that is unexceptionable. I would have been asking for the manager .
There is no excuse to treat a customer in a rude manner like that.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Just another example of an employee who doesn't think he's paid enough, and really doesn't want to be there. Some of these so called employees need a refresher lecture on why the customer is always right.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, it just bugged me. I work in customer service every day, and you just can't treat people like that. Especially for them, as their prices aren't exactly cheap, unless you stumble into a good deal in their Bargain Cave or something. Bottom line is, they need to take care of their customers, not expect their customers to take care of them.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
What you describe as the bottom line Gopher, is the way Cabelas used to be. It's what earned the reputation currently being tarnished. Unfortunately, those days are gone. About the time the company went public, things there began to change. Remember the old " 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, No questions asked"? That ship has sailed! They had a good run but I'm afraid soon they will be just a name. History repeating itself just like in the case of Herters.

Last edited by Bobmar; 06/27/18.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
IC B2

R
RCL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It seems that when some companies go public, the shareholders become much more important than customers. JMO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remember the old " 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Once encountered a somewhat less than scrupulous outfitter/guide. Bragged of buying 3 or 4 complete camp setups every spring and returning them the end of November. That would get quite old if I was running a shop.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute

Once encountered a somewhat less than scrupulous outfitter/guide. Bragged of buying 3 or 4 complete camp setups every spring and returning them the end of November. That would get quite old if I was running a shop.

that's whats happened to LL.bean people will buy something use it then return it for a full refund.. thus Beans has changed their policy . its a shame that people have no respect anymore. .
I'm in Maine and LL bean has been the most outstanding in customer service. but the times have changed.

plab

Gotta love them 303's
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had something similar happen to me at the Billings, MT store. That is except for the rudeness. I went down to buy a led sled that they had advertised. I live 2 hrs away. They didn't have anymore of that model, but the young fella that I talked to took me to the customer service counter, stayed with me the whole time while waiting for other customers to finish, then ordered it and had it shipped to my house with free shipping.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I had something similar happen to me at the Billings, MT store. That is except for the rudeness. I went down to buy a led sled that they had advertised. I live 2 hrs away. They didn't have anymore of that model, but the young fella that I talked to took me to the customer service counter, stayed with me the whole time while waiting for other customers to finish, then ordered it and had it shipped to my house with free shipping.

See there-he made the effort, went the extra mile. That's all part of doing what you can to make the customer have a satisfactory experience.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Plab
Originally Posted by 1minute

that's whats happened to LL.bean people will buy something use it then return it for a full refund.. thus Beans has changed their policy . its a shame that people have no respect anymore. .
I'm in Maine and LL bean has been the most outstanding in customer service. but the times have changed.

plab

X100000

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Gopher: I bet they still had plenty of women's camouflage bra and panty sets in stock.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I manage a Vision Center for Wal-Mart and going above and beyond with our customer service is an absolute must. I had a meeting with my staff and told them about my experience with Cabelas. Manditiory attendance-even for the doctors. It really opened everyone's eyes to what we need to do for our customers. I've always given my staff lots of leeway in resolving customer service issues without having to get my approval. I hope this turns some potentially negative experiences into positives. I've seen a couple instances of staff members really going above and beyond to help our customers. I hope it stays this way going forward.

Last edited by gophergunner; 07/10/18.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.