Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12921439 06/14/18
K
Kellywk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Another thread got me to thinking about whether the US is being unfair by putting tariffs on Canada, so I did some researching for the following:

1. the US sends about $4.3 billion a year in foreign aid to Canada, that's enough to give every homeless veteran in the U.S. over $40,000 per year

2. Canada isn't exactly a third world county and while it likes the money it doesn't really need it.

3. Canada spends less than 1/2 the benchmark GDP perecentage on NATO while the US contributes almost twice the bench mark percentage, that works out to an extra $4 in taxes for each American who actually pays income taxes.

If Trudeau feels he's being bullied and dicated to by the U.S., why doesn't he just stop taking our money?

GB4

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The US sends foreign aid to Canada? That's news to me.

K
Kellywk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Was to me as well

RVB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ha, I call bull on that one...source?

According to US Aid which appears to be a US govt website, the #1 country is Israel at $3.1 billion.

Mexico - $86.6 million
Canada - $3 million - for nature conservation? Not sure why this is necessary.

Cheers,

R

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If there was a staunchly conservative government in Canada do you still think the US would be sending them $?

I doubt it. I can imagine all liberals and One Worlders stick together.

LOL
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
That is news to me. Canada send aid to other county's.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The U.S. disbursed $33.2 billion—$19 billion in economic assistance to 184 countries and $14.2 billion in military assistance to 142 countries. Out of the top six U.S. foreign aid recipients, five of them were Muslim countries. And yet it seems the U.S. can't buy good press in the Middle East.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For some reason, I don't buy us sending money to Canada like we do to Israel, and the African countries. I would think that's something of a misprint, or misleading information.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would we need foreign aid?

A current controversy here is why are we spending money on foreign aid when the PM says we don't have enough money for our vets.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think we have bigger problems than Canada. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jetbrook
The U.S. disbursed $33.2 billion—$19 billion in economic assistance to 184 countries and $14.2 billion in military assistance to 142 countries. Out of the top six U.S. foreign aid recipients, five of them were Muslim countries. And yet it seems the U.S. can't buy good press in the Middle East.

The only aid that should go to the middle east is military, in the form of rockets. In that case, I say we triple their allotment asap.

LOL
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Another thread got me to thinking about whether the US is being unfair by putting tariffs on Canada, so I did some researching for the following:

1. the US sends about $4.3 billion a year in foreign aid to Canada, that's enough to give every homeless veteran in the U.S. over $40,000 per year

2. Canada isn't exactly a third world county and while it likes the money it doesn't really need it.

3. Canada spends less than 1/2 the benchmark GDP perecentage on NATO while the US contributes almost twice the bench mark percentage, that works out to an extra $4 in taxes for each American who actually pays income taxes.

If Trudeau feels he's being bullied and dicated to by the U.S., why doesn't he just stop taking our money?

What's your information source ? CNN?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't buy it either. Canada doesn't need anything from us other than to learn how to make decent whiskey.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Kellywk

Now that is dam funny and of course total BS.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I think we have bigger problems than Canada. 😉

No doubt this is true. Much bigger problems than Canada.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got a grand idea. Chopping block with ALL foreign aid!

What the hell do we owe anyone?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
I got a grand idea. Chopping block with ALL foreign aid!

What the hell do we owe anyone?

I have no problem with that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
there are several different types of 'foreign aid'. I am not sure of this web site's affiliations, but it gives a decent break down on aid, who to, and how much, and of what type

http://theconversation.com/us-foreign-aid-explained-74810

These figures do NOT reflect the additional $20 billion or so that American private foundations, churches and individuals give to international recipients. Almost all of this goes to economic assistance. This exceeds US government giving for to the same sector.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 06/15/18.

Sam......

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If I ever get around to applying for my social security, maybe they'll call that foreign aid. I recently used money from a US bank account to help a friend in Peru get his business up and running. I'm not sure if that would be considered US foreign aid, since it was sent from the US in US dollars, or Canadian foreign aid snce the money originated in Canada. The thing with most government foreign aid is that it probably costs twice as much as the value of the aid in administrative costs to send the aid by the time the bureaucrats and elected officials are finished doing their part (whatever that might be). GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I don't buy it either. Canada doesn't need anything from us other than to learn how to make decent whiskey.

Crown Royal and I have to disagree with you on that one point.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 68 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,949
Posts18,480,378
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.