Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
How do I know nobody changed out any of the internals? Do police agencies generally bar that?

Link

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Just called them, and they say that usually the internals are all original, but sometimes they may have aftermarket replacement parts. No guarantees on that.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I’d rather a Sig 320

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
How do I know nobody changed out any of the internals? Do police agencies generally bar that?

Link

Why does it matter to you?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Link

Why wouldn't it?

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Glock's support for LE agencies is legendary, so I seriously doubt that any of them would use aftermarket parts. That said, I think it makes sense to re-spring any new-to-you Glock as a general rule. Those springs and the other Glock guts are pretty cheap and a good investment if you're worried about them. The only part other than springs that I'd worry about much is the connector, and I think those are about $7.

You can learn to detail strip a Glock on YouTube in about 10 minutes, and the only tool you need is a 16d nail.

It makes sense to order several sets of the parts you need from the same place to keep shipping down.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can check an armorer's parts list and learn the latest versions of the parts that should be in one. Most parts are numbered.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Highly unlikely but there might be some notch marks if they were keeping score....

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Link

Why wouldn't it?

Because it's a simple Glock. If you can't tear it apart and know exactly the quality of each piece (which doesn't have to be watch gear quality) to operate at least as well as OEM,then I would say that the Glock may be too much of a mystery for you.

In layman's terms,why not just replace anything suspect with good parts. It might cost $20,since they might have replaced some springs or transfer bar.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
RH is right on. It's easy to tell aftermarket from factory Glock parts, and nobody in their right mind cares if an original Glock part was replaced with another OEM Glock part; they aren't collector pieces. Regardless, aftermarket parts for the most part aren't a big deal, anything you want to replace in a Glock is available as new OEM parts anyway.

Also, Recoil Gunworks has them for $319 (gen4 G22 with night sights). I have two of them in the safe right now; both were obviously carried a bunch but fired very little, as seems to be typical for the large percentage of police trade-ins.

Last edited by Yondering; 06/21/18.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by okie john

Glock's support for LE agencies is legendary, so I seriously doubt that any of them would use aftermarket parts. That said, I think it makes sense to re-spring any new-to-you Glock as a general rule. Those springs and the other Glock guts are pretty cheap and a good investment if you're worried about them. The only part other than springs that I'd worry about much is the connector, and I think those are about $7.

You can learn to detail strip a Glock on YouTube in about 10 minutes, and the only tool you need is a 16d nail.

It makes sense to order several sets of the parts you need from the same place to keep shipping down.

Okie John

Sounds like a plan. Yeah, I've got a few of those instructional videos bookmarked.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by krupp
Highly unlikely but there might be some notch marks if they were keeping score....

LOL.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The Real Hawkeye: The 1,100 man department I worked on for 29 years indeed did allow swapping out of some parts.
One instance was trigger springs on our Model 22's.
You had to serve a days extra training as I recall to qualify for a lighter trigger pull spring/part.
One of our two department armorers/range officers Glock 22's I ended up buying from that officers widow here a couple years ago.
I am not sure what all he changed/modified in his pistol but it is "slick"!
I wanted that pistol because he and I worked together in many squads and Hunted in Alaska, Montana, Washington, Wyoming and Idaho together - his sons divied up all his Hunting guns when he passed on and I wanted ONE of his many Glocks.
My own Glock Model 22 suited me just fine from day one (has night sights and three high capacity magazines) so no modifications wanted by me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
there is fixing to be a ton of them on the market. expect prices to drop on the 40's. I pitty the poor bastard that buys mine. free ammo, free range, and paid to shoot smile

FJB
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockchucker
there is fixing to be a ton of them on the market. expect prices to drop on the 40's. I pitty the poor bastard that buys mine. free ammo, free range, and paid to shoot smile

Are you suggesting that they tend to be pretty shot out?

My nephew's been on the Phoenix PD for about two years now and says he only has about two thousand rounds through his Glock 22.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
no not the average gun. some alot more then others. most just carried and qualified with

FJB
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Are you suggesting that they tend to be pretty shot out?

My nephew's been on the Phoenix PD for about two years now and says he only has about two thousand rounds through his Glock 22.

I believe he's suggesting most that have .40s are likely going to 9s soon, thus the glut on the market.

MAGA
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
. I pitty the poor bastard that buys mine.

I’d say the same about my 229, but nobody else will get it!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tag
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by boatboy
Tag
Hank

Why do you do this? So you can go back later and read the threads you tagged when you have more time?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

409 members (2500HD, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 37 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.