-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There are too many available without it to bother with that schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like somebody added a second bathroom.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm gonna be the first Fire member to shake hands were th TRH.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
There are too many available without it to bother with that schit.

Yeah, but it's a bit of a roulette game, because you don't know till after you've paid and taken deliver at the FFL. But likely, it's a small chance.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Any reputable dealer will let you know if it has the 12lb trigger.

Anything else that has been swapped is inconsequential.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My first Glock was a 22. Loved that gun, should have kept it.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have bought at least a dozen police turn ins over the years and all but one were great deals. That one was a SIg 220 and what I didn't like was the trigger was the worst I have seen. It was a double action only which was long, gritty, and heavy- or seemed to be with the other issues. Other than that, it looked as if it just came from the factory with a slight sign of wear on the rails and the feed lips of the one magazine. The day after buying it I traded it off for $150 more than I paid. The majority have been Glocks, mostly in 40, that were priced low enough I couldn't refuse. I really do not care for their grip angle but for the price and all the aftermarket support I try to make it work.

49s are going cheap. I bought a turn in S&W M&P last year for $300 including night sights. A couple months ago I picked up another one except with the safety for $250. The first was little carried and used slightly more but this last one looks brand new. The first has a very nice trigger for a factory gun but the latter reminds me of the Sig. I won't feel bad replacing the trigger and adding a couple other accessories for the local action shooting league and the final cost won't be much more than having bought the pistol new.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i picked up a gen 3 glock 22 in the box, originally from a california agency a couple of years ago. Still had the factory gold colored grease in it. Doubt very much from looking at it that it was ever fired. I still haven't fired it.

Sweet! Must have been in inventory when they switched to something else.

i am sure that is what it is. they like to spend money on the latest and newest toy.
an agency in california dumped a bunch of m1a scout rifles over here. same story, you look in the fire control group still with the factory grease, and not a mark on them.
California has been doing that for years.
I have seen smith revolvers used on the university campus's sold over here too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Just ordered one of these with the three pack of mags, which makes four mags total. Should be here by the end of the week. Hope it's nice and clean. Pretty good deal. Local pawn shop has a few used gen 3 Glock 22s that look like real beaters, and they're asking $450.00 for them, just one mag each.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Just saw a YouTube where a guy got one with a factory-installed NY Trigger. He had to switch it out.

Honestly, so what? A replacement trigger spring is only a couple bucks. You'd likely want to install an extra power trigger spring anyway, that's about $4 from Ghost.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Yondering
Just saw a YouTube where a guy got one with a factory-installed NY Trigger. He had to switch it out.

Honestly, so what? A replacement trigger spring is only a couple bucks. You'd likely want to install an extra power trigger spring anyway, that's about $4 from Ghost.

True.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have never been real high on the .40s&w round for a variety of reasons. But having said that, that is the barrel and caliber i have in my little glock right now.
one of the beauties of the 22 is the availability of different barrels and calibers you can put in it.
My baby glock as i call it has a replacement kkm barrel in .357sig, .40s&w, and 9mm.
As to the phoenix police department, i think at one time at least some were issuing glock 17's. many years ago one of them got in a shootout with some goofus at a shopping center near my house, dumped the magazine and as i remember didn't kill the guy.

not all officers are the same by the way. friend of mine use to teach classes to some of the valley departments. The conditions of the guns were almost unbelievably given how dirty they were,
I was having lunch one day with the firearms instructor for one of the valley's agencies, he was packing a first generation glock 9mm. I asked him about it. His comment was it was a perfectly aedequate bullet dispenser. Course he had a bias. He had a 10mm colt in the glove compartment and a .375H&H rifle in the trunk.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Ronin, are you carrying a 22, or a 27? The 22 is the full size, usually the "baby Glock" means the subcompact 26 or 27 (or now the 42 and 43).

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Yondering
Ronin, are you carrying a 22, or a 27? The 22 is the full size, usually the "baby Glock" means the subcompact 26 or 27 (or now the 42 and 43).

the one i call my baby glock originally was a model 33 in .357sig. right now it has a .40 barrel kkm in it.
My 23 also has a barsto 357sig barrel.
the 22 i have is still a factory barrel 40. It looks as if brand new and it came out of a california police department. I have had it for quite a while but never fired it. I want to get a kkm barrel for it, as i mostly shoot lead in them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
glocks are kind of neat to me because of all the switching around you can do.
As an example the uppers from a 20 and a 21 interchange easily just by switching the slide/barrel.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Came in today. I was very pleasantly surprised. Looks only very slightly used. Hardly looks carried much, even. I bet the cop was issued this gun just before they made the switch to 9mm. Nice deal for $320.00.

Also cool that the serial number ends in PD, which I assume means it was a police department purchase from Glock.

Serial numbers (barrel, slide, frame) all match.

Here's what was in the box when I opened it, to include all the paperwork that came with it originally.

Missing were the cleaning rod and brush, the loader, and the replacement backstraps, but I have a drawer full of all those things, LOL.

All parts seem to be original, and no NY trigger. Trigger pull is about like the one on my Model 17. Smooth trigger face, just like my 17.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Barrel looks like it's hardly been fired, and shiny clean inside.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Forgot to mention it came with Glock factory installed night sights that are still bright. I checked them next to those on my Glock 17 in total darkness, and I cannot tell the difference in brightness. That's a $100.00 value right there, all by itself, so the Glock by itself was gotten for $220, if you account for the price I would have had to pay to get factory installed Glock night sights. Unbelievable deal.

I'll head to Walmart this evening and pick up a few hundred rounds of .40 S&W and tomorrow morning, I'll head over to the range to give it a try.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i think you got a heck of a deal, particulary with the still functioning nightsights. You will enjoy it for sure. While it's never been an issue for me, one of the cons on the 40 is the "snap" when the round is fired. That long slide ought to mitigate that. the other issue with the 40 is from a reloading standpoint, it can be a problem if one is unaware. That caliber is sensitive to bullet setback, or seating bullets a little off from what's recomended. Pressure increases dramatically in the round.
I shot a lot of lead through the 40 glock before getting religion, never had a problem. But then i am anal about cleaning the firearm often and regularly and never firing a ton of lead without cleaning in between.
i might add i have loaded silvertips in 40 in the 155grain range to 1200fps which puts it in the 10mm camp with a little lighter bullet. thats what i have in my baby glock now.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/28/18.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the deal. These prices have to really piss off pawn shops that are trying to sell used Glock 22s for $450.00 often in much worse shape.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (358WCF, 1minute, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338Rules, 63 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,538
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.