Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As to your thread question, a lot of "yesses" in the contents here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think this whole thing is somewhat embarrassing. First, Trump says every single one of our intelligence agencies is wrong, and now he says they were right. Sounds to me like he might have been afraid to speak the truth in front of Vladdy.

Chitfire, everybody knows the Russians meddled. Not that I really give a damn, because quite frankly I don't care one way or the other, just as long as Hillary is not president. But, I do think Trump lets his mouth overload his azz sometimes, and this as one of those times.

Sometimes, it's much better to keep your mouth shut than to open it. Our president needs to learn that.

Oh by the way........this is NOT 3-D chess or MAGA.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's a bit disturbing for me to see people on the right coming up with their own justifications for being hostile towards Russia.

It tells me that all of the nonsense being constantly spewed about Russian collusion with Trump during the election is having an effect even with Trump supporters.

Aside from the Russian military aggression in Ukraine and their threatening posture toward the form Eastern Bloc states, I don’t see a whole lot to quarrel with Russia about, either. Of all the industrialized nations, only Russia is currently acting in this manner... most nations have figured out that war is not the road to riches it was 2 centuries ago.

I trust Russia at least as much as I trust our own "Intelligence Professionals"...

The far greater enemy to our country is our own home grown liberals.

You can keep Russia at bay. Liberals... not so much.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's a bit disturbing for me to see people on the right coming up with their own justifications for being hostile towards Russia.

It tells me that all of the nonsense being constantly spewed about Russian collusion with Trump during the election is having an effect even with Trump supporters.

Aside from the Russian military aggression in Ukraine and their threatening posture toward the form Eastern Bloc states, I don’t see a whole lot to quarrel with Russia about, either. Of all the industrialized nations, only Russia is currently acting in this manner... most nations have figured out that war is not the road to riches it was 2 centuries ago.

I trust Russia at least as much as I trust our own "Intelligence Professionals"...

You can keep Russia at bay. Liberals... not so much.

Barry, I agree that it's hard to believe anything that comes out of Washington, and without a doubt, there are many liberals embedded in those professional intelligence agencies. As to Liberals or Russia, I think one is as bad as the other. They both are our enemy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JamesJr
[quote=Bristoe]It's a bit disturbing for me to see people on the right coming up with their own justifications for being hostile towards Russia.

You can keep Russia at bay. Liberals... not so much.[/quot

Barry, I agree that it's hard to believe anything that comes out of Washington, and without a doubt, there are many liberals embedded in those professional intelligence agencies. As to Liberals or Russia, I think one is as bad as the other. They both are our enemy.

James, the one closest to you is the bad one. They hide in plain sight.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The real enemies of America are also Russia's enemies.

That's why there's so much shrieking about Trump meeting with Putin.

The enemies of America and Russia are responsible for the shrieking.

If Russia and America formed an alliance, the combination would be difficult for the deep state/globalists/Communists to deal with.

Also,..the goal of the deep state/globalists/Communists depend on America being hostile to Russia.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Among other things, the deep state/globalists/Communists have plans to send America to war against Iran. It would make them very happy if America's war with Iran escalated into a war with Russia.

America and Russia have the potential to be the biggest impediment to their plans for global domination.

They want to make certain that as much animosity as possible is maintained between America and Russia so that no diplomacy between America and Russia spoils their plans.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Among other things, the deep state/globalists/Communists have plans to send America to war against Iran. It would make them very happy if America's war with Iran escalated into a war with Russia.

America and Russia have the potential to be the biggest impediment to their plans for global domination.

They want to make certain that as much animosity as possible is maintained between America and Russia so that no diplomacy between America and Russia spoils their plans.

If Russia and the US could play ball together and agree on a general foreign policy in the manner that US - GB does, imagine how quickly we could straighten out many of the World's problems. Iran? The Ayatollahs would she it in their dressing gowns if Putin AND Trump told them to stand down or else. Syria? Clean it up in a week. That's likely impossible at this point, but how about a goal?

(Damn! That sounded too much like Gus for my tastes wink )

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by hatari

If Russia and the US could play ball together and agree on a general foreign policy in the manner that US - GB does, imagine how quickly we could straighten out many of the World's problems. Iran? The Ayatollahs would she it in their dressing gowns if Putin AND Trump told them to stand down or else. Syria? Clean it up in a week. That's likely impossible at this point, but how about a goal?

(Damn! That sounded too much like Gus for my tastes wink )

That's right,.....and it's not Putin that's preventing that from happening.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How good of you to mingle with us “you people” types.

Is “you people” a step up, or down, from being a “ basket of deplorable”?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm sorry but I must take issue with that statement. While I agree that most at the top are corrupt, political animals, the rank and file intelligence professionals are just that, professionals and they do a damned good job at keeping us (and especially those in the front lines) safe. Been there and done that. As to your second statement, 100 % in agreement.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I'm sorry but I must take issue with that statement. While I agree that most at the top are corrupt, political animals, the rank and file intelligence professionals are just that, professionals and they do a damned good job at keeping us (and especially those in the front lines) safe. Been there and done that. As to your second statement, 100 % in agreement.

Rank and file can and does get squelched by the top.

I think Obama did more damage than most realize and Trump sees it. They some witch hunting corrupt [bleep].

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI

That chit-show starts at the top. Anyone even being remotely close to the agencies in DC are most certainly a member of the good ol' boy club.

I didn't mean the rank and file, although after 8 years of Obama, the promotions were commensurate with their lock-step beliefs with their superiors.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
Love you Trump bashers! Yeah, I just love some of this analysis I'm reading from both sides. "Trump showed weakness - Trump embarrassed us - Trump screwed up blah blah blah"

Listen up you politically ignorant and naive idiots. You might learn something. (Trolls, GFY right now. Don't waste my time)

How did Reagan REALLY defeat the USSR? Do you really know? I bet not one you paid attention then or has thought about it since. This is going to need to be the short version. PM me is you want the long version.

Reagan hated communists! (Great man that he was) He wanted to kill off the Soviet Union. No way to nuke it out with them so he decided to bankrupt them. That was tough to do , as they were pumping oil, building a big ass NG pipeline into Western Europe, and were going to be making money hand over fist with the price of crude some where in the neighbor of $30/bbl.

Now, the USSR had just spend a butt load of money screwing around in Afghanistan (GWB apparently slept through that history lesson), so were cash short, but prospects looked good for a bright economic future to enable them to continue the Cold War by proxy and fund Castro and Ortega and just about any other commie that could destabilize democracy in world and keep us busy fights them elsewhere.

Reagan's plan:
1.) Force them to spend more money on defense. It's expensive, and they have to keep up with us to remain a Superpower
2.) Cut off their money supply.

To make this as brief as possible, Reagan got appropriations to rebuild our military after Carter neglected it. He increased our navy and air force drastically from Carter years. Next, he got the plans for the anti ballistic missile defense - Strategic Defense Initiative (STAR WARS) and the Soviets were told by their scientists that it was possible to create. you will see today that with the Patriot missile system, Star Wars is coming to fruition.

This caused the Soviets to react, and begin development of their counter measures and they had to increase their military spending.

Now on to the economic front. The USSR had all the oil they could pump, but it cost about $26/bbl to produce. With Crude about $30/bbl life was good and the money came rolling in. In 1987, Reagan got the Saudis to up crude production, and the price of crude bottomed out around $13/bbl. It hurt Texas and Oklahoma, but wiped out the USSR. No way to pump their crap for less than $26/bbl. they were out of business and THAT's how Reagan beat the Soviet Union.

So what has Trump been up to the past month, you bitching geniuses? Well let me see:

What has he got the Saudis doing? (deja vu)

Oil Falls on Prospect of Supply Boost, But Market's `Nervous'
By Jessica Summers and Erin Douglas
July 1, 2018, 7:55 PM EDT Updated on July 2, 2018, 4:10 PM EDT

Crude declined after U.S. President Donald Trump put pressure on Saudi Arabia to ramp up oil output, with traders worrying about how it could affect spare capacity ahead.

Let's see what he's doing with Europe:

Trump Roils NATO Allies With Calls to Double Military Spending
U.S. leader urges allies to double target to 4% while questioning the alliance’s value and bashing Germany for its support of a Russia gas deal

What to Expect From NATO's Summit in Brussels

The NATO summit in Brussels will take place amid tense relationships within the alliance. The Wall Street Journal's Gerald F. Seib looks at what to expect. Photo: Getty
By Rebecca Ballhaus, Valentina Pop and Laurence Norman
Updated July 11, 2018 6:50 p.m. ET
BRUSSELS—President Donald Trump pressed allies to double their military spending target to 4% of GDP, while questioning NATO’s value and bashing Germany for supporting a gas deal with Russia.

After attacking North Atlantic Treaty Organization leaders for months for not meeting a 2% spending target, Mr. Trump said on Wednesday that amount was too low.

Let's take alook about how Eastern Europe saw the NATO Summit:

Trump's tough NATO talk plays well on eastern flank
By: VANESSA GERA, Associated Press

Updated: Jul 12, 2018 - 12:03 PM

Trump's tough NATO talk plays well on eastern flank

BRUSSELS (AP) - While President Donald Trump's hectoring at the NATO summit alarmed many in the West, his message was mostly embraced Thursday along the alliance's eastern flank - the region that feels most threatened by an assertive Russia.
From Poland and the tiny Baltic states down to Romania, eastern leaders welcomed Trump's push for members of the 29-nation alliance to spend more on their militaries, something they have sought following Russian incursions in Georgia in 2008 and Ukraine in 2014.

After all, they had been under Moscow's thumb for decades after World War II.

Content Continues Below

On the first day of the summit, Trump lambasted his partners for not spending their fair share on defense and asked on Twitter: "What good is NATO if Germany is paying Russia billions of dollars for gas and energy?"

But by the time the summit concluded Thursday he was praising NATO as "very unified, very strong."

"He came, he saw, he conquered," declared Poland's state-run broadcaster TVP in an opinion piece. "Contrary to criticism and fears, Trump's brutally sincere behavior has not broken NATO's unity but has mobilized its members to further action that strengthened the organization."

Linas Linkevicius, the foreign minister of Lithuania, wrote on Twitter: "?Strength is a choice, not a given. Once again #NATOSummit bring us closer & stronger. We are resolute, committed to mutual defense, fair burden sharing."

NATO member Estonia noted that a Russian military aircraft even violated its airspace Thursday near the Baltic Sea island of Vaindloo, the second such alleged incident this week and the third in a month.

Many in the region also welcomed Trump's opening salvo when he lashed out at Germany's pursuit of a gas pipeline venture with Russia, which Trump said made Berlin "captive" to Russia.

That message echoed fears that have long been expressed by leaders in the Baltic states and Poland. They fear the gas pipeline will make Europe more dependent on Russian energy, giving Moscow more political leverage over the continent. Poland's prime minister has even called it a "new hybrid weapon."

The countries on the eastern flank also stressed that, despite the divisions, the achievements of the summit in Brussels made them safer. These include opening accession talks with Macedonia and formally signing off on a plan that would improve the alliance's ability to deploy faster in case of an attack. The plan ensures that NATO could deploy 30 land battalions, 30 ships and 30 warplane squadrons at a 30-day notice.

Romanian President Klaus Iohannis, whose Black Sea nation also feels vulnerable with Russia's resurgence, said he saw "no danger" of NATO breaking up.

"There isn't a conflict," he said. "Trump said things plainly, as is normal between friends and allies."

So now I will challenge some of you low IQ bitchmasters to take a look at these two periods of history and compare and contrast.

1980's Reagan upped military spending, forced the Ruskies to do the same, and then cut their legs out from under them by dropping the price on their only viable export - OIL and NG. The USSR crumbled. The Iron Curtain fell and it fell quickly. Germany reunited. Poland is now one of our stanchest allies. It was all unheard of in 1980. A decade later, we win!

2018 - Trump puts emphasis on military spending. Trump puts emphasis on domestic energy production. Trump gets Saudis to increase production. Trump makes friends with countries in Eastern Europe nearest to Russia. Trump demands NATO spend more on military.

Do you now see what is going on? Some of you very same people that have wet dreams about Reagan can't see that Trump is using the Reagan playbook, one that was incredibly successful to pressure Putin and the USSR. Trump doesn't need to threaten Putin. Trump doesn't need to confront Putin. Trump doesn't need to "stand up to Putin" Trump has Putin by the balls. If the price of oil and NG drops below the price that Russia can produce it, they are out of business.

Why do you think that Trump has been pushing shipping our NG to Europe? It's not all about jobs. Some but not all. Why do you think that Trump is livid at Merkel and Germany about their own private NG pipeline under the Baltic with Russia? Trump is trying to crush Putin's balls economically and Merkel is giving him a lifeline. Trump is willing to practically GIVE NG to Europe if it weakens Russia, and the damn Germans are giving Putin economic mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Chew on that and come back and tell how Trump should have been bolder with Putin and nicer to our allies. Phouc no! Our "allies" need to get in line and play right. There is an opportunity here to transform the world and make it better just like it happened in the 1980s. It's time for Putin to go, and it's time for Russia to reform once again. The only way to make it happen to to cripple them economically, and they will demand a change at the top. It is all there for the taking.

Damn straight Trump probably dog cussed Merkel, May, and Macron to their faces. They are wasting a Golden Opportunity. No other country and certainly no other World leader can make this happen except Trump and they are impeding a proven formula for taking the Russian down.

As for not playing Macho Man with Vlad? Vlad can read a spread sheet. Unlike most of YOU, he knows the Saudis have increase oil production. He knows crude is no longer at $100/bbl. He know we are fracking and producing the [bleep] out of oil and NG. He knows we are willing to GIVE it to Europe. Putin knows that NATO spending is going up. He knows that Poland and the Ukraine have leaned to the West and the US. AND PUTIN KNOWS WHO HAS MADE ALL OF THIS HAPPEN. He knows it ain't Hillary Rodham Clinton in the White House.

Some of you will go to sleep tonight all phoucing depressed, thinking that Trump has pussed out, and Vlad has more hair on his ass than Donald. Not me, I'm sleeping well. I'm sleeping well because I can recognize the plan at work. I recognize this is the exact same plan that worked for Reagan. I know that if Merkel, May and the rest of the Euroweenies get on board, Putin is toast and so are a lot of the World's problems. Some of you will also realize this and stop bitching.

You might also get to the point where you start to understand that Trump uses economics both as a carrot and a stick. He puts the screws to Lil Kim, and gets him talking. Tells him that NK can either wither on the vine, or grow and get rich and TRUMP holds the keys to both. For Putin, he DOESN'T WANT TO NEGOTIATE WITH PUTIN! Trump wants Putin OUT OF OFFICE and the way to make that happen permanently is to cripple the Russian economy to the point that either Vlad gives in or the Russian people throw him out.

Well done, sir. You are astute and accurate to the best of my knowledge, and memory. Reagan was one of the best presidents to my lights, and I know, from his own words, that Trump is a "student of Reagan". Even the MAGA comes from Reagan.
I know that the Cold War was a major concern for my younger brother, to the point he felt the need of a therapist. Reagan never gave me an uneasy night's sleep. I never doubted his love of country, or his dedication to the ideals of freedom and American excellence. He was a guardian at the gate, that never faltered. I often think of Trump as a cruder version of Reagan. I have no doubt he has Reagan's teaching guiding his movements.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tariffs on China will force our economy to move to other suppliers which will devastate the Chinese economy. As was stated earlier , their domestic economy is infrastructure driven and built out already. As the Chinese lose access to the US market they will try to dump in the rest of the world. That will prompt Europe to tariff to protect themselves. The Chinese are pretty much screwed if we decide they’re screwed. Russia is in a trap of their own making. We will eventually crush their economy and with Russians in the Ukraine they provide the excuse for us to forward deploy thousands of troops across all the Eastern European borders with Russia. The eventual settlement will be the Russians getting out of the Ukraine while they keep what has traditionally been theirs , the Crimean peninsula. In the meantime we will have rebuilt our and NATO military power and placed it on the Russians borders. Putin was counting on continued corrupt and feckless leadership in the United States with Hillary.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The eventual settlement will be the Russians getting out of the Ukraine while they keep what has traditionally been theirs ,

Pretty sure the Russians haven't entered Ukraine, with the exception of the Crimea.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

If Russia and America formed an alliance, the combination would be difficult for the deep state/globalists/Communists to deal with.

Also,..the goal of the deep state/globalists/Communists depend on America being hostile to Russia.

Deep state/globalists/communists, who are these people? How many troops do they field? How are they armed? Are they united or separate entities? Does the DOD know about them?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Does the DOD know about them?

mike r

The higher ranking members damn sure know about them.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The eventual settlement will be the Russians getting out of the Ukraine while they keep what has traditionally been theirs ,

Pretty sure the Russians haven't entered Ukraine, with the exception of the Crimea.

It’s Russians propping up the the rebellion in the eastern Ukraine and there are a significant number of out of uniform Russian special forces doing the heavy lifting. Back when Bathhouse Barry was president Putin felt emboldened to take part of the Ukraine under the excuse of protecting the greater ethnic Russian population in the eastern Ukraine.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Does the DOD know about them?

mike r

The higher ranking members damn sure know about them.

Higher ranking members? Tell me more, but if post count confers rank don't bother.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (7887mm08, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.