Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I don't like tariffs of any kind. They are too discriminate, helping one person, while they hurt another. I own a farm, and a lot of my income comes from that farm. The neighbor who rents the cropland has about 100 acres in soybeans here, and I want him to make money, because if he does, then he can keep leasing my land at the current rate. If crop prices go down, then he won't be able to keep paying me at that rate.

What helps some person in the steel industry, is of little concern to me, and I'm sure he has little compassion for the farmers. China will benefit, America will pay the price.

Well ain't that sweet, worried about your own self, while not worried at all about folks in the steel industry. No wonder we are in the shape we are in. Way to many NIMBYs'

I don't know enough about the tariff details to argue one way or the other..... Regarding this post though, I'm surrounded by farmers and have known most of them and their kids since I was a kid. One of them rents some land from me that he planted in beans this year. Another rents land from my father. My 14 year old kid is doing summer work for local farmers just like I did growing up. We see these people all the time. I don't know a single person in the steel industry...but you say everyone involved with production of this or that is in the steel industry. That may be true, but none of those people are going to carry the cost of higher steel. It will be passed on to the end buyer. It won't work that way for the farmer.

Again, I don't know enough about the tariffs to argue one way or the other for it but I can see it effecting people I know.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495
I don't like tariffs of any kind. They are too discriminate, helping one person, while they hurt another. I own a farm, and a lot of my income comes from that farm. The neighbor who rents the cropland has about 100 acres in soybeans here, and I want him to make money, because if he does, then he can keep leasing my land at the current rate. If crop prices go down, then he won't be able to keep paying me at that rate.

What helps some person in the steel industry, is of little concern to me, and I'm sure he has little compassion for the farmers. China will benefit, America will pay the price.

Well ain't that sweet, worried about your own self, while not worried at all about folks in the steel industry. No wonder we are in the shape we are in. Way to many NIMBYs'

I don't figure too many of them are worried about the farmers, so there ya go. By the way, you can't eat steel.

thats exactly how we got to were we are. Its not right for them to not care, it doesn't "give" you the right to ignore them. Works in gun control too. See Neimoeller....

But then again I don't hold out much hope for the country for that much longer anyway due to the self centered nature of most folks

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Many people can't see past tomorrow.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Many people can't see past tomorrow.

Its all about them.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

China has been benefiting and America has been paying the price, it just didn't hit you yet. And your justifacation as to why you don't give a [bleep] about the health of this country is typical.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

"Crop Subsidies In Foreign Countries"
https://www.depts.ttu.edu/ceri/Default.aspx

"Foreign Subsidies Hurt American Farmers"
https://www.realclearpolicy.com/art...sidies_hurt_american_farmers_110525.html

"Report finds Chinese steel heavily subsidized "
https://www.nwitimes.com/business/s...0f3f325-f230-5ff5-a57b-675200e5d0de.html

"The Case for Canada’s Steel Industry"
https://www.usw.ca/news/publication...ions/the-case-for-canadas-steel-industry

"Getting Trade Right
Addressing Chinese Overcapacity"
http://www.aluminum.org/getting-trade-right

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Not soybeans, but other industries are affected also, as described in this Washington Post Business article: "How Trump’s Tariffs on Mexico are Taking Jobs from U.S. Workers".

see: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...a488d29&wpisrc=nl_az_most&wpmk=1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85

China has been benefiting and America has been paying the price, it just didn't hit you yet. And your justifacation as to why you don't give a [bleep] about the health of this country is typical.

Here's the way I see it.......Trump puts tariffs on steel and aluminum rom China AND from some of our other trading partners as well, and people like you go all crazy, posting MAGA and kissing Trumps azz at every turn......when all it accomplished was helping one segment of the population, while another segment got hurt when China retaliated.......as everyone knew it would. In the end, what did it really accomplish?

I derive a good portion of my income from farming, and a drop in the price of grain is ultimately going to hurt me. So, why wouldn't I be concerned? But, someone like you has NO idea. You eat 3 times a day, probably too much, and you don't think for one second where that food comes from, or who produced it. Just as long as you can stuff your gut, that's all that matters to you. Yet, you think it's just great that Trump's "hurting" China, never thinking that maybe the person who produced that food for you, got hurt in the deal.

I will repeat what I said in my first post........for every person or industry that a tariff helps, there will be another one that it hurts. There never has been such a thing as "fair" trade, and probably never will be. Someone always ends up getting screwed, and although China may screw us on some things, I'm sure that we're screwing someone else in return.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
You poor old fool. There's still time for you to board the Trump Express. 6 1/2 more years to be exact.........

[Linked Image]

Where did you get that? I want one. Thanks

2020- Trump Hat

MAGA - MAGA Hat

Thank you

Ordered on the 18th and it arrived today.

Last edited by Steelhead; 07/20/18.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same here. Ordered one for the old man too.

Came with a Promo Hog coozie..

Last edited by SandBilly; 07/20/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SandBilly

I would love to order one for that old fool Paddler, just to watch him stroke out when he opened it............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by SandBilly

I would love to order one for that old fool Paddler, just to watch him stroke out when he opened it............

He is all about gettin’ free chit! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (219DW, 1936M71, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1234, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,437
Posts18,489,382
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.