Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
DoggieDame has hunted alone, but I don't "know" her. smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Great buck, good for her!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes. Our SCI Chapter had two sinlge women members that would go hunting w/o men. In fact, one of them is quail hunting in SC today. I say HAD because the other met a man while on a trip to AK and is now married and living there. It appears demand is high!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My best hunting buddies wife will go out alone, especially archery hunting. They have 2 young kids and will take turns babysitting evenings during the week while the other hunts. My buddy still does all of the scouting, prep work, etc.. so all she has to do is go out and sit. She has borrowed a gun to hunt in the past, but this year I gave her a laminated/blue M7 7-08 which she loves and used to drop a 7 point first day of PA gun season. My Grandma would also go out and hunt on her own. Mostly squirrel and deer hunting. She is going on 80 now, doesn't hunt as of a few years ago (due to the issues that come with getting older), and is losing short term memory, but just the other day told my mom out of the blue that she wanted to go hunting again this year.

-Lou

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yup, this gal sure does[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

She's my wife BTW:

Just remember.
You cant have SLAUGHTER,
without LAUGHTER
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure do, this gal right here is a good outfitter/bear guide and tougher than most the men on this site. http://www.bearhunt-solowayoutfitters.com/ I hunted with Debbie a few years ago and she runs the whole show in her hunting camp. The men work for her and not the other way around. She's been in the guiding business pretty much all her life and knows her stuff. There was also a good looking gal (hunter) in camp that week that was a hard core hunter. Last I heard she was living in Alberta. She was single and didn't have the patients to wait for some man to teach her how to hunt, so she went and got after things on her own. She has a pretty impressive collection of deer, antelope, bear, and cougar. To have only met her when I was looking...

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know 5 in this community (3 rifle and 2 archery), and I'm married to one. 1minute

1Minute
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sure do. She's hunted alone most of her life. Rifle, shotgun
but not archery. Has hunted alone in about 10 states.

She makes knives and fishing poles too!

What's the big deal? confused

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wow! Awesome animal. Good on her (and you!).

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My wife doesn't like getting up early on vacation. She quit hunting a while ago but still goes on some of the trips to take care of the horses. She's helped pack 6 elk, some of the trips being a mile or better off trail to get to a spot we could easily get the horses to.

A couple years ago it was just me, her, our dog, and four ponies 14 miles into the wilderness. She decided to go on a trail ride to whip some manners on my horse. I was out hunting and she left at noon or so. I knew where she said she was going and figured she be back by dinner.

It got dark and she wasn't there. I took another horse and a couple of headlamps and started looking to see if she needed help. I saw part of where she went and assumed I missed her on the way back to camp. It was clear that she'd come back down from the riskier part of the trail.

She wasn't at camp. She took a side trail and ended riding a mere 35 miles in a loop, up over a pass where she had to dismount because the horse was slipping on the ice, and back down to the drainage we were camped in. She got back just short of midnight.

Her decision making skills in the area of what to take (no map) and when to just turn around (split available daylight hours in half) needed some work but riding in the dark and finding her way back (with help from my horse since he's been places she hadn't) were above average. She wasn't worried about spending the night in the woods by herself. She had her coat, slicker, hat, and the dog to keep her warm.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No, I dont know any. I met one woman hunting alone for elk a few years ago but thats the only one I've ever ran into, she was alone at the time but was camping with a party.

Jamie

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Cool, I've heard of it but had no first hand knowledge of it. Pretty much the same with hunters using AR rifles, heard about it but have never seen it.........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yep but not my wife she hates it. Too bad cause I would love to get her in the woods. grin HAPPY HUNTING

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My aunt does. Sorry no pics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife hunts , mostly with me. She has taken the pups pheasant hunting while I was out of state.
I also know a couple of female Jaegers in Germany.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Sent my wife to a BOW weekend. She will hunt now, but doesn't like fresh guts too much. She will take me along if I bring a knife.

We used to have a neighbor that would gut animals for her husband, he had the weak stomach. Then he had an operation and the pain pills made him goofy, so he shot her and then himself. It was rumored she was going to leave him.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My daughter likes to hunt and my sister used to. One of my female friends hunts too. Neither my wife nor daughter are concerned by guts or blood. Good thing too, our daughter is going to be a doctor.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I know of two that hunt alone around here but none out west....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My aunt was one of the best deer hunters I knew. She is a little plder now and a little slower but she still goes.

Walk softly and carry a big bore!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife hunts alone, but she only recently got serious in this endeavor, and so far it usually involves a family trip. She already has a lot of outdoor experience though (more than me), because she has done some Ironman distance triathlons and some 100 mile (foot) races through the mountains, which require a lot of solo training, the last 10 years in the mountains. She�d frequently come back from a 10 or 20 mile training run and talk about all the sign and critters she saw. She really likes to bushwack, going off trail just to see what�s over the next hill. Now that our son is hunting, she is starting to put that energy into hunting. She covers a lot more ground in a hunt than I do. In 2005 she went out and got her own antelope although I was not too far away hunting with our son. She sometimes plans to take the truck and go hunt when I can�t, but for whatever reason scheduling has gotten in the way. It�s not a confidence thing, just a timing thing. I figure she�ll do it this year, though, because she has developed a list of honey holes for various species.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 66 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,390
Posts18,527,744
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.