Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Met the first one in high school. I dropped a friend off, pulled out on the highway, saw this blonde girl sitting on the back of a truck. I stopped to ask her directions, as if I didn’t know where I was. She had just moved to our little town. I ask her out, she was 15, I was 17. We married a year later, first girl born two years to the day after we were married. We had two girls, stayed married 11 years. Knowing everything now, I would have changed to make that work. I still miss her. She found a good man, married to him 34 years. I thought being single would be glorious, it wasn’t. I still see her quite often at kids and grandkids birthdays. We always go to her house for Thanksgiving. My son works for her hubbys company.

Met the second at a country dance bar after being single for three years, been married 32 years Aug 1. We have one son. I get along great with her. We still go dancing every other Saturday.

Where did you meet yours??

Last edited by hanco; 07/28/18.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Folding lingerie panties in the Department store we both worked at. I was a floor walker educating employees on spotting boosters in the fittingrooms. She was organizing the thong display.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
was working one summer at the local textile mill, trying to save money and pay bills. stopped at her mom & pops country store for gasoline. she came out and pumped the gas for me. she was five years younger and still in high school.

we got married the year after she graduated, and i had a year under my belt at ft. hood.

we've been married 47 years. she has the ph.d and i have the guns.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Russian dating site

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Family reunion.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Where at her front door, how is another story.

Last edited by wabigoon; 07/28/18.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by gunzo
Family reunion.

Beat me to it

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I met my lovely wife online and only told her the good stuff. Turns out she did the same, just had more to say.... We've been married 8 years and have made a wonderful daughter. August 6th the wife will be going trucking with me for two weeks. We'll see...

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
College. We only lived about 15 miles apart, and one of my cousins was one of her good friends, but we'd never met until our second year at the local community college. Been married 48 years come October.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Our wedding cost about $650 all inclusive... ! Went camping for the honeymoon.

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I met my wife at a country bar. A bar buddy knew her and I was introduced to her when she came over. Took 3 months to as her out. Dated 9 years until her son graduated high school. Been married 14 years now.

It costs a lot to keep her drunk enough to put up with me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm jealous of you happily married types.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I met my wife at Goldwyn Studios in Hollywood, where she was the executive secretary to the Exec. Producer of a teevee show for which I was writing. We began dating, fell in love and got married. That was 41¾ years ago. I've never once regretted being married to the most wonderful, kindest, considerate woman in the world. (With all due respect to those here who feel the same about their wives. wink )

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Back of the local pub...the publicans sister walked past and I annoyed her, she responded and hasn't been able to shake me for the past thirty-three years.

Irony being that neither of us are drinkers and all the drunks that assured her it would not last are all either dead or divorced.

I got the better deal.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haymow.... Well ..1st time I seen her @ 9yo ..lol.. School....parents said no date'n till 16 ....6 years of dating and finishing schoolin... 36yrs of wedded bliss????? Lol !!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
First grade

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Pike Lake

I tend to use more than enough gun
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Teaching school. She was a English teacher and me Physical Education and biology. 34 years ago. I don't tell her how to exercise and she doesn't correct my grammar.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lol....I met my wife on the phone to AAA.

I had a '66 Ford F-100 p/u, that suddenly refused to run. It would start fine, then die. I checked all the obvious stuff, then called off work for the day. Called AAA for a tow to a local shop, then went back to checking for problems.
FOUND IT! (Someone played a prank on me!)
Truck had an inline fuel filter I had installed less than a week earlier, and I could see fuel, but just to make sure I pulled the supply line and removed the filter (perhaps it had gotten blocked). When I released the supply line, the end dropped, and a mechanical pencil erasure poked out of the fuel line! It was just small enough to free float in the line and slide up tight to the fuel filter when the fuel moves. Choked off the fuel like a valve.
I called AAA to cancel the tow truck, laughing quietly at the joke. I was put through to the dispatcher, who couldn't understand why I was laughing. "Someone wasted your time, cost you work and pay, and that's funny? Don't you have better things to do than deal with pranks?"
I responded "sure, I could take a pretty girl out to dinner. When should I pick you up?" (She turned me down flat!) What i didn't know, was she was a trainee with a mentor at her side. She though it was nonprofessional and could get her fired. Her trainer had other ideas. "Girl, what the hell is wrong with you? The man just asked you out, and you said NO?"
She told me later, that my info was still on screen, and she copied it down, and sent me a car which still hangs on the wall to the effect of:
"Sir, if you were just being friendly, know that you made my day, but if you were serious.....I accept. "
First date was a 6hr phone call.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She worked for me as an admin assistant.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.