Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What’s the worst that can happen?

I cross a couple everyday. Including the one above (its replacement obviously) everyday.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What’s the worst that can happen?

You die!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by slumlord
James jr will be along to tell us that's why theyre afraid to shower

hahaha

And then explain that he started with nothing. Except the farm.

Akin to another:

I started with nothing except for mama and daddy paying for my engineering degree, housing on campus, meal plan, mach one mustang

lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haha

The tunnel in Zion is over a mile long

Then it craps you out in bright sunlght next to a 2000ft dropoff

That tunnel feels far to narrow pulling boat with a eight-foot wide trailer and meeting a tour bus.
I have read traffic controls for larger vehicles have been changed since.

Had a girl on the back of the Harley crossing the steel bridge in Tacoma almost completely freak out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope, never understood it myself. I get a little butterfly in the stomach thing on the edge of cliffs sometimes, but then I think about a sidewalk. I ain't afraid of falling off the curb if I'm a half foot back from the edge, why should I be afraid of falling off a cliff (or bridge) if I'm not right on the sharp edge of it? Doesn't matter how far down it is, if I'm far enough from the edge to not fall from 6" what's the difference if it's 6 feet, or 600 feet.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I started with nothing except for mama and daddy paying for my engineering degree, housing on campus, meal plan, mach one mustang

lol

If you're referring to EdM, he bought the Mach 1 on his own.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My Girlfriend Freaks out when we drive on mountain roads that drop off on her side and bridges

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
that bridge is a high mf'er. i remember being scared of that when i was a kid.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't guess I have any phobias.

I'm only scared of chit that any sane person is scared of.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Last edited by joken2; 07/28/18.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't guess I have any phobias.

I'm only scared of chit that any sane person is scared of.

Lots of different opinions as to what constitutes sanity!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They replaced the bridge over the Licking River at McKinneysburg about a decade ago, but I used to love the old bridge. It had a wooden deck. We'd have folks come and visit us and I'd suggest a trip into Falmouth for ice cream. On the way back, I'd take them through McKinneysburg. This was really old span with a wooden deck. They'd taken to patching it with plywood towards the end, because it was due to be torn down.

We'd be driving in convoy with me in the lead. I'd get to the bridge and stop, get out, and walk out onto the bridge. I'd test a few boards on the way and maybe go over a couple of them twice or three times just to be sure. Then I'd walk back to whoever was following me, and tell them it looked safe.

I've never seen so many people turn white over a simple practical joke.

For the OP: You outta watch "Sorcerer" with Roy Scheider some night-- great bridge flick.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shaman
They replaced the bridge over the Licking River at McKinneysburg about a decade ago, but I used to love the old bridge. It had a wooden deck. We'd have folks come and visit us and I'd suggest a trip into Falmouth for ice cream. On the way back, I'd take them through McKinneysburg. This was really old span with a wooden deck. They'd taken to patching it with plywood towards the end, because it was due to be torn down.

We'd be driving in convoy with me in the lead. I'd get to the bridge and stop, get out, and walk out onto the bridge. I'd test a few boards on the way and maybe go over a couple of them twice or three times just to be sure. Then I'd walk back to whoever was following me, and tell them it looked safe.

I've never seen so many people turn white over a simple practical joke.

For the OP: You outta watch "Sorcerer" with Roy Scheider some night-- great bridge flick.

That's a good one!

Didja jump up and down on it a few times? Maybe grab a rail and try to shake the bridge?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Both Jeff and Beau. Give me the willies. Lloyd was funny.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I sold a boat to a guy last fall who would only meet me in town because he couldn't cross the bridge between where he and I lived. He was literally terrified of bridges and wasn't afraid to let anyone know.

I can believe that. Theres a business that will drive you across the bay bridge in your car. I hear they do a heck of a business. Theres a lot of people who cant hack it. I can cross it, but feel anxiety creepin in when I get up at the top.

I don't recall the Bay Bridge being anything to cause anxiety. It was 8 years ago though, and only a few times over. Seemed like an adventure, but that was just because of Oakland.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Haha

The tunnel in Zion is over a mile long

Then it craps you out in bright sunlght next to a 2000ft dropoff

At least they cut some holes in the side, so the fumes can get out, and you can peek out now and then. I've only driven it once, but it didn't bother me any. It felt 'cozy' as hell, though. I liked it, it was interesting.

So was old Route 66, from Kingman to the AZ-CA state lines, it's twisty-turny enough that they limit semi-trailers to a 25ft. length. No, you can't see your own tail lights, like down in Eastern Kentucky, but it's mountainous and interesting, too. I like interesting roads.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a guy that goes through OR to get from So. ID to No. ID so he doesn't have to drive over the bridge on 95 just below Grangevill.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I know a guy that goes through OR to get from So. ID to No. ID so he doesn't have to drive over the bridge on 95 just below Grangevill.

Now that's a bit of a detour for a bridge that's not that bad. That's the bridge after going down the Whitebird hill, over the Snake? or is it the Salmon?

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boards? There's an old steel truss over the Kootenai at Leonia that had a rotting deck the last time I crossed it, on foot. That was ten years at least ago, I haven't been down there since to see what is left of the wood. But one pays attention to footing, you bet.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by pahick
I was never scared of heights, but the older I get the more scared I am of heights. I HATE this bridge in MD. Crossed over it other week coming home from Ocean City and had to stay in the middle lane...lol.

Just read a trucker died on the other Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel in VA. That'n I never drove, but to go under water is a no no for me 😳

I've driven over both the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel many times when I lived in the DC and Virginia Beach areas. I have no problem with bridges, but was concerned (in 1966) when I was stopped for over an hour in the middle of the Delaware Memorial Bridge by an accident that brought all traffic to a halt. The wind was gusting to 50 mph and the bridge span swayed several feet in an oval pattern. And, the swaying was damped by the presence of hundreds of cars and many trucks! From that experience, I can understand your feelings.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,173
Posts18,484,607
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.