Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 47 48
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I bet it said 'For Sale in AR Only' but someone fugged up and thought AK was short for Arkansas so they shipped it. Arkansas residents wouldn't have noticed a problem.

Dude! Really? We AR residents can't afford that expensive $hit to begin with. Especially when it's expensive $hit most never even heard of. LOL

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Not that they wouldn't notice.....they no enough to not care

I know enough to live below Mason Dixon line.

I also know the diff in no.

Jerry

I KNOW enough to not care as well

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Never heard of it. I know that I have wasted a lot of money on crappy brass over the years. I just bought 200 pieces of Norma 300 H&H from Midway. Pure schitt. I need to send them back.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Never heard of it. I know that I have wasted a lot of money on crappy brass over the years. I just bought 200 pieces of Norma 300 H&H from Midway. Pure schitt. I need to send them back.

? ? ?

Would you tell us more details of the poor quality ?

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

? ? ?

Would you tell us more details of the poor quality ?

Jerry

I think Dennis is being a bit sarcastic. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Ken. Ifn he was, why not use the icon - smirk

We can get bad LOTS from anything.

thanks again

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Suction.

[Linked Image]

Facts.

[Linked Image]

Hail Mary Whine.

[Linked Image]

More facts.

[Linked Image]

az,

Norma is the most over hyped and wayyyyyyyyyyyy over rated brass on the fhuqking Planet and that from inception. Their H&H based wares(whether full length or shortened versions of the ilk),are reliably the worst and Norma likes them softer than anyone else. They like to place belts in random locations too and when coupled in a case design as mechanically schitty as a 300 H&H,things can get sporty. It's a nice way to arrange a head separation.

If forced to use Norma in said application,or resort to throwing rocks...I'd at a minimum,bump neck diameter and drive a false shoulder for finite headspace control,upon the first poke,which just happens to be the most important. Hint.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Just sayin'.

I really get a kick out of the "hard charging" Do Nothing Gang and their melting Snowflake act...mainly because it sure as fhuqk ain't no act. Be SURE to call Peterson and tell them how "great" they are doing with 1st Grade Technical Aspects and Damage Control,when you place your order(s).

Laughing!

Bless your hearts....................

Addendum: For 1000 more words

The flash "holes" do not appear ratty,they are HORRIBLY fhuqking botched in concentricty and that is my being gracious.

[Linked Image]

Nothing like a fresh batch of Insecurities,a bitchin' whine and being "armed" with 17 IQ Points,to try and dispute simplistic fhuqking fhuqks.

Peterson is fhuqking hilarious,.from top to bottom and from any/all angles. Couple/few Puns be intended and I'll Google a couple/few thangs about Photography. LAUGHING!

You poor poor STUPID fhuqks.

Wow +P+!!!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Suction.

[Linked Image]

Facts.

[Linked Image]

Hail Mary Whine.

[Linked Image]

More facts.

[Linked Image]

az,

Norma is the most over hyped and wayyyyyyyyyyyy over rated brass on the fhuqking Planet and that from inception. Their H&H based wares(whether full length or shortened versions of the ilk),are reliably the worst and Norma likes them softer than anyone else. They like to place belts in random locations too and when coupled in a case design as mechanically schitty as a 300 H&H,things can get sporty. It's a nice way to arrange a head separation.

If forced to use Norma in said application,or resort to throwing rocks...I'd at a minimum,bump neck diameter and drive a false shoulder for finite headspace control,upon the first poke,which just happens to be the most important. Hint.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Just sayin'.

I really get a kick out of the "hard charging" Do Nothing Gang and their melting Snowflake act...mainly because it sure as fhuqk ain't no act. Be SURE to call Peterson and tell them how "great" they are doing with 1st Grade Technical Aspects and Damage Control,when you place your order(s).

Laughing!

Bless your hearts....................

You went too far with this, I wouldn't talk to you either.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick needs a hug. 🤗

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks Ken. Ifn he was, why not use the icon - smirk

We can get bad LOTS from anything.

thanks again

Jerry

Not a problem. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Someone can’t figure out why Doug won’t ship her some geovids. LoL

Bitch bitch bitch.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I'm Derek Peterson from Peterson Cartridge. As you can see from the above thread, Larry seems a little irate with us right now. After reading through the entire thread, that seems about on par for him as a bunch of people have commented. My hope was that he would either become reasonable so we can help him, or he would drop the issue. He did neither, so now I have to come on here and defend us. Either way, since he is going to post this email, I am about to send him, to this thread anyway, I figured I would just help him out and save him the trouble.

Larry,
Good afternoon. I’m the President of Peterson Cartridge. I want to thank you for purchasing casings from us. It is unfortunate how unhappy you have been with our “Quality” issues relating to the slight out of center flash holes. In the pictures you attached to the 1st email, the further the camera lens gets away from the primer pocket being photographed, the more out of center it appears. (Notice the Alpha casing on the far right appearing to be out of center to the left) As for the slight ring to one side or the other of the flash hole, this is what is making the flash hole appear ratty, that is caused by the media in our tumbling process contacting the edges of the flash hole and polishing the bottom of the primer pocket. As a result, the media causes the edge of the flash hole to lose some of its “crispness” when it is photographed. Look how polished our brass is compared to Alpha. Not excuses, just trying to give you some facts for your next rant.

Attached are two photos of the same casing with our polished primer pocket and with the primer pocket dulled by breathing on it. See how crisp the flash hole looks when the primer pocket is dulled?

Although it isn’t important now, if you would have been reasonable, I would have liked to know just how out of center the flash holes were to the edge of the primer pocket. Measured in .001”, of course. Again, if you would have been reasonable, we would have exchanged the brass for new brass without any questions. We offered that, but you so eloquently declined. (I have access to a dictionary too, do I sound smart yet?)
As Ben has stated many times to you, we are constantly improving our tooling to produce product with ever increasing quality, fit, and function. I have taken the time, although now realize it to be wasted, and read through your profanity laced emails. After reading through all of that nonsense, I have learned only three things about you; 1. You are a decent troll. 2. You have access to a dictionary and/or a thesaurus. 3. For whatever reason, you appear to have a chip on your shoulder against us and are unreasonable.
It is our policy to discontinue trying to help anyone who demonstrates themselves as unreasonable. I have instructed Ben to not respond to any further emails from you, so unfortunate as it is for both of us, you won’t be getting any more responses from him nor I via email. Also, as much as I would like to dive into a shouting match with you on what makes quality brass casings, I have neither the time nor the interest in doing that. Who knows, maybe I will take some of your scholarly advise and go “work” on our tooling designs. Either way, we sure do appreciate all of the feedback you have given us over the past few days. I really wish we didn’t have to be polite to everyone, but those are the breaks. Have a nice night.

To anyone else reading this: We welcome any questions about our process in making casings or our casing dimensions. Technical or not, we can discuss punched vs drilled flash holes, internal capacity, hardness, or etc. . . Whatever you would like. Please just don’t start off the email with Your [bleep] brass. That is normally a big turn off for us, as you might imagine.

Derek Peterson
President

Peterson Cartridge Co.
761 Commonwealth Drive, Suite 201,
Warrendale, Pa. 15086
www.petersoncartridge.com
Mobile (814) 462-9682
Email dpetersonpetersoncartridge.com

ITAR NOTICE: The contents and/or attachments of this email may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Transfer of technical data by any means to a non-U.S. citizen, within or outside of the United States, without prior written approval from the U.S. Department of Defense Trade Controls is prohibited.

Attached Images
Shiny flash hole.jpg (62.17 KB, 249 downloads)
Dull flash hole.jpg (54.83 KB, 232 downloads)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DerekP
I'm Derek Peterson from Peterson Cartridge. As you can see from the above thread, Larry seems a little irate with us right now. After reading through the entire thread, that seems about on par for him as a bunch of people have commented. My hope was that he would either become reasonable so we can help him, or he would drop the issue. He did neither, so now I have to come on here and defend us. Either way, since he is going to post this email, I am about to send him, to this thread anyway, I figured I would just help him out and save him the trouble.

Larry,
Good afternoon. I’m the President of Peterson Cartridge. I want to thank you for purchasing casings from us. It is unfortunate how unhappy you have been with our “Quality” issues relating to the slight out of center flash holes. In the pictures you attached to the 1st email, the further the camera lens gets away from the primer pocket being photographed, the more out of center it appears. (Notice the Alpha casing on the far right appearing to be out of center to the left) As for the slight ring to one side or the other of the flash hole, this is what is making the flash hole appear ratty, that is caused by the media in our tumbling process contacting the edges of the flash hole and polishing the bottom of the primer pocket. As a result, the media causes the edge of the flash hole to lose some of its “crispness” when it is photographed. Look how polished our brass is compared to Alpha. Not excuses, just trying to give you some facts for your next rant.

Attached are two photos of the same casing with our polished primer pocket and with the primer pocket dulled by breathing on it. See how crisp the flash hole looks when the primer pocket is dulled?

Although it isn’t important now, if you would have been reasonable, I would have liked to know just how out of center the flash holes were to the edge of the primer pocket. Measured in .001”, of course. Again, if you would have been reasonable, we would have exchanged the brass for new brass without any questions. We offered that, but you so eloquently declined. (I have access to a dictionary too, do I sound smart yet?)
As Ben has stated many times to you, we are constantly improving our tooling to produce product with ever increasing quality, fit, and function. I have taken the time, although now realize it to be wasted, and read through your profanity laced emails. After reading through all of that nonsense, I have learned only three things about you; 1. You are a decent troll. 2. You have access to a dictionary and/or a thesaurus. 3. For whatever reason, you appear to have a chip on your shoulder against us and are unreasonable.
It is our policy to discontinue trying to help anyone who demonstrates themselves as unreasonable. I have instructed Ben to not respond to any further emails from you, so unfortunate as it is for both of us, you won’t be getting any more responses from him nor I via email. Also, as much as I would like to dive into a shouting match with you on what makes quality brass casings, I have neither the time nor the interest in doing that. Who knows, maybe I will take some of your scholarly advise and go “work” on our tooling designs. Either way, we sure do appreciate all of the feedback you have given us over the past few days. I really wish we didn’t have to be polite to everyone, but those are the breaks. Have a nice night.

To anyone else reading this: We welcome any questions about our process in making casings or our casing dimensions. Technical or not, we can discuss punched vs drilled flash holes, internal capacity, hardness, or etc. . . Whatever you would like. Please just don’t start off the email with Your [bleep] brass. That is normally a big turn off for us, as you might imagine.

Derek Peterson
President

Peterson Cartridge Co.
761 Commonwealth Drive, Suite 201,
Warrendale, Pa. 15086
www.petersoncartridge.com
Mobile (814) 462-9682
Email dpetersonpetersoncartridge.com

ITAR NOTICE: The contents and/or attachments of this email may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Transfer of technical data by any means to a non-U.S. citizen, within or outside of the United States, without prior written approval from the U.S. Department of Defense Trade Controls is prohibited.

Must say, the man seems to be somewhat more polite than I would.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Preach.. I paid out the nose for RWS because they make excellent belted brass, I buy it in 300 win and form it to mostly 7wby and 7rem. However my last lot from RWS strongly resembles Norma, [bleep] is garbage.

I asked about Peterson quality here the other day because they do make 300 win..can’t say this thread is good news .

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by rosco1
Preach.. I paid out the nose for RWS because they make excellent belted brass, I buy it in 300 win and form it to mostly 7wby and 7rem. However my last lot from RWS strongly resembles Norma, [bleep] is garbage.

I asked about Peterson quality here the other day because they do make 300 win..can’t say this thread is good news .

We haven't released it yet. We did a small run of it last year, but the belt feature didn't look just right so we have been working on the new tooling since then.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got some Peterson 6 Creed brass coming….

I'll give it the acid test. The same as I've done with Alpha and Hornady.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Build it right and they will come! It’s damn tough to find great belted brass, and apparently when you do you never know when the manufacturer will farm out the production to Norma.

I don’t know that RWS did that for sure but my last lot of RWS stamped brass is a dead ringer for Norma .. I know lapua has done that before with 300 win..

Originally Posted by DerekP
Originally Posted by rosco1

We haven't released it yet. We did a small run of it last year, but the belt feature didn't look just right so we have been working on the new tooling since then.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
And these "features" looked "right"?

Horribbly fhuqking schitty Lot on left,equally schitty Lot on right. 1000% on the money,amidship(that means the middle).

Lot to left has flash holes way out of round and far from centered. Lot to right,is Norma soft,dismal in headspace uniformity and fhuqking worthless in concentricity too,though the flash holes are purtier.

[Linked Image]

Some thangs mighta been measured. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Hint. Someone is likely welllllllllll ahead of the curve and sandbagging more than a smidge and it prolly ain't Peterson. Laffin'!

Field curvature do not make "drilled" flash holes appear as being punched. Hint.(grin)

If it helps,I can shoot various P&S's,FF,APS-H and APS-C from 17 to 400mm,if only for conversation.

[Linked Image]

Peterson for whatever reason,seems to "think" that they can lie their way out of outright SCHIT products. Personally,I do not see that happening.(grin)

I VERY much enjoy the heartfelt Insecurities,surging Estrogen Levels and WIDE fhuqking berth of all things prudent,in the hopes of salving these sad sack fhuqking realities,crafted as per their best abilities. Fascinating as well,that folks not fluent in their native tongue and a couple/few tons of IQ shy of making the mark,are prone to Emotion,rather than discuss facts.

1)How the fhuqk hard is it,to cite if the 'holes are punched or not?

2)How the fhuqk hard is it,to cite a Rockwell head/web number?

3)How the fhuqk hard is it,to cite the acceptable percentage of Dog Schit shipped in a single order?

4)How the fhuqk do you miss "QC" that horribly and then try to condone it?

Just who in the fhuqk,would be STUPID enough to buy this schit,after this MAGNIFICENT display of outright dishonesty and schit "craftsmanship",as a Business Model?

Spare no details,you "trend setters".

Laffin'!

Peterson finds Facts unsettling and are hoping to fixate Fluff instead. The STUPID Fhuqk can't even manage to post a picture either. Now THAT...is Peterson "consistency"!

Laffin'!

BEST Thread ever!!!!

Just checked an Inbox and was "rewarded" with the HIGHLY Esteemed Peterson Me Sooooooooooo Horny Brass "test",for "QC" considerations!

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Holy fhuqking schit I'm laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard...I'm CRYING!!!!!

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy BEST thread ever!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They say it's punched on the website now......

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 16bore
They say it's punched on the website now......

Correct, I just updated it. We never said they were drilled. We said cut. Punching is a form of cutting. Scissors cut. They are shears. Just like a punch.

Page 4 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.