Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
History class in high school

[Linked Image]

That's the crap I pull.....I'd say ...hey there's a rock u missed there and ...etc lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I was out moose hunting in Kotsina on the side of the Mountain that the Army Corps. of Engineers flattened out to land Carter to dedicate Wrangell St. Elias Park near Lorraine Creek when I found a young bull moose that I shot at about 300 yards with a 270 winchester M700 Remington with Bushnell Scopechief scope and a green box 130 grain corebond. I had finished gutting and cutting up most of the moose when she came up with Ada Wilson picking berries. I was pretty shy but I gave them a moose quarter. I was 14 years old and she was 13 years old. We went steady during my freshman and sophomore year in high school. However, she decided to break up with me because she thought that she would get in the way of my Harvard journey and future. Her mother kicked her out of the house and she moved to Wasilla. She survived that and went through a lot of financially tough times. We got back together after I had finished my education and was teaching out in Ambler. She had a young son and was doing ok in Chitina but wasnt prosperous and was being treated pretty badly by the local tribal administrators. She came out to the Bush with me and we were married three years later. That was 20 years ago this Wednesday. She's better than any Radcliffe prima donna and I wouldnt want to experience life with anybody else.

Wilson....wife of fur buyer Dean....?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hanco
I have enjoyed reading these!

Better hope your second wife don't!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
Marriage (and parenthood) has been the greatest source of maturity & growth in my life. Not living for oneself but with a higher purpose... so grateful God put this woman and her daughter in front of me like He did.

He sure knows what he's doing don't he?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I find it amazing no one has said "Strip Cub" yet.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Can't make a ho a housewife.

Dr. Dre

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
long story , think i told it once. involved a gun fight. baseball bat beating and knife slicing. then her exs becoming my friends. i paid to have her ex husband cremated and was there when he died two yrs ago. met her at a night club been together 26 yrs, i still tell bub her ex boyfriend if he'd fought a little harder he could of had her, he just laughs.

after i beat franks ass with the bat he pulled on me and sliced him up with my carpet knife i guess bub had to one up me and beat him with a mag flashlight, frank lost his left eye. Same one bub gave me 19 staples in my head with before i whupped his ass.I wouldn't trade any of that for a boring life. they both became good friends. bub lives a street over now.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by hanco
I have enjoyed reading these!

Better hope your second wife don't!

Maybe he's itchin' for a 3rd.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Is Stormy's hubby a member here?

He's divorcing her anyway now, for cheating. Imagine that... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Wifey knows I still care for the first one. She knows I could never get along with her.

I dated a former stripper for while. She was hard to get along with also.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
In a country dance bar that I hung out at quite a bit after my divorce. I was pretty drunk but immediately noticed the pretty blonde when she walked in with her date. She was down in Denver from Laramie to go dancing. I ended up talking to her date for most of the night about hunting in WY. He promised to show me some prime mule deer country. She kept eyeing me and smiling but I didn't think it proper to cut in on another guy's lady. As the night ended, I gave the guy my card and got his info so we could stay in touch. She later told me that she was hoping and praying that I would giver her my card as well so she could call me, but I didn't. The next Monday, I emailed the guy and told him that it was nice to meet him and his girlfriend and to see if they wanted to get together sometime. Unbeknownst to me, he forwarded my email to his girl. A few hours later, I get a call from her and she says, "Do you remember me from Friday night?" and then asked if I wanted to go out with her. I asked about her boyfriend and she said he wasn't really her boyfriend, just a date, and it was nothing serious. So, I agreed to go out with her and to meet in Ft. Collins since that was half way between my place and Laramie. Turns out, the day we set for our first date was her birthday. I tried my darndest to change the day just so I wouldn't have the pressure of a first date and her birthday to deal with. She kept saying that it was fine, not to worry about her birthday, etc. Had a great first date and continued on. She only had 3 months left of law school and ended up spending most of her time at my place and commuting to Laramie for classes. How she passed, I don't know. After graduation, she moved in with me and we were married 3 months later. She was pregnant the day after we were married. We now have 3 kids and have been together for 17 years. The difference between her and my first wife is stark. Glad that she called me that day. Wish I would have met her 15 years prior. And, oh yeah, I never heard from her date that night again. Guess he didn't feel so generous about sharing his hunting spots with me after he lost his girl.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I was out moose hunting in Kotsina on the side of the Mountain that the Army Corps. of Engineers flattened out to land Carter to dedicate Wrangell St. Elias Park near Lorraine Creek when I found a young bull moose that I shot at about 300 yards with a 270 winchester M700 Remington with Bushnell Scopechief scope and a green box 130 grain corebond. I had finished gutting and cutting up most of the moose when she came up with Ada Wilson picking berries. I was pretty shy but I gave them a moose quarter. I was 14 years old and she was 13 years old. We went steady during my freshman and sophomore year in high school. However, she decided to break up with me because she thought that she would get in the way of my Harvard journey and future. Her mother kicked her out of the house and she moved to Wasilla. She survived that and went through a lot of financially tough times. We got back together after I had finished my education and was teaching out in Ambler. She had a young son and was doing ok in Chitina but wasnt prosperous and was being treated pretty badly by the local tribal administrators. She came out to the Bush with me and we were married three years later. That was 20 years ago this Wednesday. She's better than any Radcliffe prima donna and I wouldnt want to experience life with anybody else.

Wilson....wife of fur buyer Dean....?

Yep Dean taught me how to trap. My wife was the daugther of Ed Teiga's girlfriend. Ed Teiga had a homestead next to Dean's. My wife still sells beadwork to Ada who runs a gift shop on 14 mile Edgerton. I am an original Kenny Laker and she is an original Chitina Chick.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My wife tells the kids we met at church but we actually met at a bar. Her room mate had a blind date with a buddy of mine and she went along to make sure he wasn't ted bundy or something. The buddy wasn't exactly a lady's man so 5 or 6 of us showed up to try and c block him. We started talking after she threw a quarter at me as she thought i was being a jerk. It's our 14th anniversary today.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[Linked Image]

Lemme guess. Studio 54? You have some serious big 80's hair my friend. wink

Seriously, great story! You did very well. Congrats.

p.s. Is the author of the story and your wife related?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
Marriage (and parenthood) has been the greatest source of maturity & growth in my life. Not living for oneself but with a higher purpose... so grateful God put this woman and her daughter in front of me like He did.

He sure knows what he's doing don't he?

Beat me to it, I thought it was worth repeating too. Just the kind of answer I would expect from Eric.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I met The Warden" at a Christmas party thrown by a feed store.
I actually knew her father, and grandfather, before I met her. Didn't find out 'til later smile
She was mad at her dad, so I drove her home - turned out to be 55 miles, the way we had to go (due to a bad snow storm)

We married 2 years later - she claims she was "young and dumb" - I have to concur, as she married ME at 17! smile

As I told a friend last evening "I'm brighter than she is - look who I married! "

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by seattlesetters

This is all I have to say about it, because this is EXACTLY what it was.

Very coincidental that I use this intro for my wife's ringtone. Same spark after 34 years. laugh

Last edited by Reloder28; 08/08/18.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was a widower when I met my wife on a Christian online dating site. Sometime you can meet a good one that way but you sure have to sort through the chaff. It'll be 10 years in November.
It was interesting to see how many women from the Philippines had profiles exactly matching mine. Yeah, right.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Internet. Got two daughters and one son out of the deal. She stays home and raises the kiddos, and I fish my ass off to pay the bills. Life is good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rock Chuck, you and I both did the same thing after the widower thing. I took a woman out for dinner one night and she was complaining that there was not a lot of good guys out there anymore. They were all either married or gay she figured and then she said that even the Internet dating sites hadn't been working out for her. It was like an epiphany for me, so I thought well why not? What do I have to lose? I can find near anything else that I want on the Internet. Well holy smokes! You put up a few good pictures, write a few well written paragraphs... and you get inundated with messages from women who want to meet you. Professional women too who don't have the time to go honey hunting out on the streets. You need to have something to bring to the table too, but they are out there and from what I can tell, there are way more nice women than nice guys out there looking.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (12344mag, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 17 invisible), 1,095 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,846
Posts18,517,426
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.